So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:09 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Nice! The Para 3 gets a good amount of carry time here. I think it's one of my favorites behind the Cris Reece Sabenza I have been EDCing.

To me the Para 3 has a nicer blade length compared to the Para 2.
It was pretty much between this and the Para 2. A lot of the Benchmades were sold out or marked as discontinued on BHQ.

This seems like a perfect do it all type knife and of course I did a cut test on the envelope. It's crazy sharp!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah, they send them out SHARP. And, if you don't want to do it yourself they have a lifetime sharpening program for free. S30V will hold an edge for quite awhile, but I still run mine over the steel that I have from my kitchen about once a week to keep it honed.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:30 pm I just ordered 3 more CDs and they'll be here Monday. I want them this weekend :(

Wish stores carried CDs still.
We have a record store in town with a big selection. I suck and only stream though.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:23 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:30 pm I just ordered 3 more CDs and they'll be here Monday. I want them this weekend :(

Wish stores carried CDs still.
We have a record store in town with a big selection. I suck and only stream though.
Streaming is here to stay it is what it is. WAKANDA fancy CD players and speakers u got
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Got this little fender amp today, it's 5/7 for a practice amp. Sounds waaaay better than anything I ever had while I was learning. I'll probably end up using it almost every day now.

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:11 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:10 pm :mindblown: People still buy CDs

:butwhy:

I listen to them at work where there's no cell service and sometimes in my :truk:

They sound good.
I still like CD's, too.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:05 pm Got this little fender amp today, it's 5/7 for a practice amp. Sounds waaaay better than anything I ever had while I was learning. I'll probably end up using it almost every day now.

Nice. Fender was the first decent amp I bought for my bass back in the day. Rumble series.. 300watt iirc. Thought it was so rad that it had lights along the bottom of the cabinet that lit up on every hit.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:05 pm Got this little fender amp today, it's 5/7 for a practice amp. Sounds waaaay better than anything I ever had while I was learning. I'll probably end up using it almost every day now.

:notbad: what’s the model? I could use an amp, I just have this shitty old Squier one, I got rid of my old Marshall that kept breaking.

I’d like something small but that could be used jamming with a drum set a couple times a year.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:notbad: what’s the model? I could use an amp, I just have this shitty old Squier one, I got rid of my old Marshall that kept breaking.

I’d like something small but that could be used jamming with a drum set a couple times a year.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:56 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:23 pm

Streaming is here to stay it is what it is. WAKANDA fancy CD players and speakers u got
I’ve had my career in audio/music but never really gotten anything special for myself. I have a pair of M-Audio studio monitors I use with a little mixing board, inputs are a Bluetooth receiver and just direct 3.5mm in.

These speakers:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014ID03Q/%3 ... gle-amz-20
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:54 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:56 pm

I’ve had my career in audio/music but never really gotten anything special for myself. I have a pair of M-Audio studio monitors I use with a little mixing board, inputs are a Bluetooth receiver and just direct 3.5mm in.

These speakers:
I've got this at work and I'm incredibly impressed especially with the "super sound" active equalizer. It cranks and hits hard.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:

It's called mustang LT25, but I don't think it would work with a drumset. The boss katana 50 is the answer for that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:11 am
D Griff wrote:

It's called mustang LT25, but I don't think it would work with a drumset. The boss katana 50 is the answer for that.
:word: I'll check these out after we move. May hop on one, the acoustic just doesn't excite me all that much.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:07 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:54 am

These speakers:
I've got this at work and I'm incredibly impressed especially with the "super sound" active equalizer. It cranks and hits hard.
Oops never even got the link

https://www.amazon.com/panasonic-sc-ak4 ... b00008ip63
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:33 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:07 am

I used to have a pretty awesome Sony bookshelf player. Now my only CD player would be my older desktop PC and my PS4 that is just hooked up to my computer monitor.

Some years back I re-ripped my 1500+ CD collection to FLAC to replace my low bitrate MP3s I was using forever. Now I mostly Spotify over my Sonos systems because I've pretty much given up on giving a shit about very good sound quality. :iono:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:41 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:33 am

I used to have a pretty awesome Sony bookshelf player. Now my only CD player would be my older desktop PC and my PS4 that is just hooked up to my computer monitor.

Some years back I re-ripped my 1500+ CD collection to FLAC to replace my low bitrate MP3s I was using forever. Now I mostly Spotify over my Sonos systems because I've pretty much given up on giving a shit about very good sound quality. :iono:
I'm a noob on audio stuff but some of you guys might know, is there measurable quality degradation when using Bluetooth to play lossless files vs playing a CD?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:55 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:41 am

I'm a noob on audio stuff but some of you guys might know, is there measurable quality degradation when using Bluetooth to play lossless files vs playing a CD?
IMO, yes, CD quality is way better. Like you said in your :truk: , just pop a CD in versus streaming anything and it is an immediately noticeable difference.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That said, streaming high quality digital recordings from a computer like :waxer: mentioned will be just as good, if streaming over wifi. I use BT all of the time but it is pretty fucking shitty in a lot of ways, it's just easy and convenience kinda wins.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:05 am That said, streaming high quality digital recordings from a computer like :waxer: mentioned will be just as good, if streaming over wifi. I use BT all of the time but it is pretty fucking shitty in a lot of ways, it's just easy and convenience kinda wins.
:dat:

BT is compressed by default, so you will lose some quality, just depends if your system is clean enough to notice it.

BT on earbuds is fine to me for the most part, but on my Sennheiser over the ear headphones I can immediately hear a difference with BT vs plugged in.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I can notice slight differences when streaming FLAC vs mp3. Although I'm not sure how android auto streams music. Bluetooth or through the USB.

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I'd get so much more exercise if I had a music room full of tokyoGriff's best
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:22 am I can notice slight differences when streaming FLAC vs mp3. Although I'm not sure how android auto streams music. Bluetooth or through the USB.

My F31 BMW allowed both wired and wireless CarPlay while my GoRf was wired only.
Not sure on Android Auto but should be the same?

Theoretically wired should be better but since I only Poopify from the phone, it’s all compromised anyway and I couldn’t tell a difference.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Swedish Chef wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:39 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:22 am I can notice slight differences when streaming FLAC vs mp3. Although I'm not sure how android auto streams music. Bluetooth or through the USB.

My F31 BMW allowed both wired and wireless CarPlay while my GoRf was wired only.

Theoretically wired should be better but since I only Poopify from the phone, it’s all compromised anyway and I couldn’t tell a difference.
AFAIK AA is still wired only
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Swedish Chef wrote:

Yep. I'm wired only but bluetooth is still in use with AA. Calls are definitely going through bluetooth but I don't know if audio is. I'll have weird issues though like if I don't turn Bluetooth on before plugging in for AA it needs to pair with the car again.

I really don't understand the appeal of wireless carplay or AA. Kills your battery faster and there's lag. I'd plug it in every time even if I had wireless.

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:53 am
Swedish Chef wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:39 am

AFAIK AA is still wired only
There is wireless, but as you would expect you need the head unit to support it.
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:54 am
Swedish Chef wrote:

Yep. I'm wired only but bluetooth is still in use with AA. Calls are definitely going through bluetooth but I don't know if audio is. I'll have weird issues though like if I don't turn Bluetooth on before plugging in for AA it needs to pair with the car again.

I really don't understand the appeal of wireless carplay or AA. Kills your battery faster and there's lag. I'd plug it in every time even if I had wireless.

My BMW had an armrest with a spring loaded cradle with wireless charging.

I wasn’t sure at first but it was neat not having to bother with plugging/unplugging every time you’d get it or out.

Worked great just leaving the phone in the armrest and use CarPlay for calls, music and sexting.