So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:28 pm All that window stuff Troy and WAP are talking about is from guys who have never had to put the rubber to the road on this topic and are never going to.
:notsure: I must be doing this parenting thing all :wrong:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

fire tablet is :notbad: for 50 bucks, esp after side loading a few apps
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:33 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:28 pm All that window stuff Troy and WAP are talking about is from guys who have never had to put the rubber to the road on this topic and are never going to.
Real life is a blend of old school and not. 12 hour drives with screaming babies or fighting children? It's unrealistic to expect super young kids to be in a seatbelt quiet and adult like for that long. In flight TV solved that. I'm old school about almost everything else.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:38 am
Apex wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:33 pm

Real life is a blend of old school and not. 12 hour drives with screaming babies or fighting children? It's unrealistic to expect super young kids to be in a seatbelt quiet and adult like for that long. In flight TV solved that. I'm old school about almost everything else.
I think this is good advice, tv on travel days is a good thing. Kids that young have quicker cycles, they get tired faster, poop faster, etc. A multi hour drive for a baby is like a day od traveling for us. It's still rough, but a little more bearable when junior isn't crying the whole way.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:35 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Its a group gathering with some of my wife's friends, and they want to make it a family thing. They are all bringing their kids as well.
:gag:
:dat: Sounds terrible. Condolences.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:12 am
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:35 pm :gag:
:dat: Sounds terrible. Condolences.
they mostly have older kids, like 3+ but all under 10. It wont be bad as long as they don't allow their kids to interrupt every 5 seconds. That shit gets on my nerves.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

MOM WATCH THIS
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:41 am MOM WATCH THIS
MOM MOM MOM MOM MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MUM MUM MUM MOM MOOOM MMMOOOOOMMMMM MOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM MOMMMMMMYYYYYYYY
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

dubshow wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:06 am Apparently he grew tired of DFD shit and took a break. Killing it in vegas :lolol:
Get him to come back. Need some bug out gear recommendations
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:10 am
dubshow wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:06 am Apparently he grew tired of DFD shit and took a break. Killing it in vegas :lolol:
Get him to come back. Need some bug out gear recommendations
He wont be back for a while, likely.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Head lamp for camp. Last black diamond lasted forever until I lost it at camp. Finally replacing it. Red green and blue lights on this one.

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:13 am Head lamp for camp. Last black diamond lasted forever until I lost it at camp. Finally replacing it. Red green and blue lights on this one.

invest in night vision. then no one else can see you searching for things in the dark.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:41 am MOM WATCH THIS
That’s what I said when I swapped the wheels on the GTI
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:46 am Bought this cheap knife to throw in my bag while camping. Based on the reviews it's pretty good for 25$. If I'm truly getting back into this hobby I will need to look at all the new gear that's or there. My poor wallet

My brother got me this knife as a wedding present, easily the best knife I've owned since my dad gave me his old Buck folding knife. I've used it regularly for four years and has yet to show any serious wear. It is an absolute beast. I thought I lost it at one point and found it for 65/70 bucks on amazon but thankfully found it that night before ordering a new one.

https://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/blur-s30v

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Fuck you Michigan winter. Fjallraven Yupik parka. Picked it up this morning at my local outdoor outfitter.

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:16 am Fuck you Michigan winter. Fjallraven Yupik parka. Picked it up this morning at my local outdoor outfitter.

:notbad:
That looks like it'll be pretty effective.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Bought some random camping shit on Wish.com

Appear to be a direct from China knock off site.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:16 am Fuck you Michigan winter. Fjallraven Yupik parka. Picked it up this morning at my local outdoor outfitter.

Winter? Ha. I get out my long sleeve shirts.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:25 pm Bought some random camping shit on Wish.com

Yeah. Very very hit or miss. You can also get shitty Glock drop in auto sear plates. And some cheap leather bondage gear.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:25 pm Bought some random camping shit on Wish.com

Yeah. Very very hit or miss. You can also get shitty Glock drop in auto sear plates. And some cheap leather bondage gear.
Reminds me of that site where we used to buy GTI parts straight from China. Lots of vendors selling what appears to be the same stuff. Think you're buying a pair of headlights and 1 shows up . Wish just has a nicer user interface. Bought a tactical belt for 3 dollars bthat I had in my cart on Amazon for 16. Looks to be identical just different logo.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:30 pm

This is my 3rd coat in 3 years. Bought a snowboarding coat that is nice from Mountain Hardware but it's a little too "loud" to wear to work. Then bought another Mountain Hardware coat last year online that I just didn't like but kept anyway. This one looks to check all the boxes. I'll use this one for years. Super high quality, wind and water proof
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

dubshow wrote:
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:13 am Head lamp for camp. Last black diamond lasted forever until I lost it at camp. Finally replacing it. Red green and blue lights on this one.

invest in night vision. then no one else can see you searching for things in the dark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:55 am
wap wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:30 pm

This is my 3rd coat in 3 years. Bought a snowboarding coat that is nice from Mountain Hardware but it's a little too "loud" to wear to work. Then bought another Mountain Hardware coat last year online that I just didn't like but kept anyway. This one looks to check all the boxes. I'll use this one for years. Super high quality, wind and water proof
I had a great Eddie Bauer coat for years, tons of features from zippers on most pockets to fleece lined hand warmer pockets to 2 very large inside pockets, detachable down-filled hood, etc. The damn thing had 19 pockets total. One day I stupidly melted a sleeve on the hot exhaust of my snow blower and ruined it. I still wear it when I run the snow blower but I bought an excellent Marmot for regular wear. It's even warmer than the Bauer, but it has fewer pockets.
wap

wap wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:37 pm These delivered today. Noise cancelling headphones. Didn't want to spend :waxer: level dough on a pair so I thought these were pretty reasonably priced. Got them for $46, about a third off on one of Amazon's Lightening deals. I had my eye on them for a while and when the Lightening deal popped up on Sunday I jumped on it. They're currently sitting on my front porch so I'll check it out when I get home. I plan on using them when flying to Europe.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071SFQR9T?th=1

I can post my impressions here if anyone is interested.
Finally got to use these on my recent flight to Switzerland. I'd say they're a solid 4/7 for noise cancelling, at least compared to my wife's :scrooge: Maxell ones. Engine roar was cut pretty significantly, along with passenger noise, and 5/7 for battery life. They were on almost all the time during the outbound and return flights, so almost 17 hours, and they didn't run out of juice. I'd put comfort at 4/7 as well.
They have thick, soft padding on the head piece and ear cups and they're very comfortable for about 2-3 hours then I had to take them off for a minute and rub my ears a bit. NBD really. :notbad: for $46.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:05 pm
dubshow wrote:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:fuckyeah:

Green Privilege