So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:04 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:03 pm
Since crotchfruit I haven’t been as tech geeky.

I still have my XS. Did get a new MacBook though. I can admit I love DFD’ing on it compared to my phone.

Pixel is great. If I wasn’t in the Apple ecosystem I’d have a pixel.
I’ve been kinda debating about going a little :scrooge: with a XR vs the 11. :iono:
XR ain’t bad either. Just depends on whether the $100 difference is worth it to you for the new updated chip.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

razr390 wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:58 pm Had a $25 online gift card from grocery :scrooge:-ing. So I decided to throw in the extra $14 towards a ridiculously expensive phone case I’ve been wanting.

https://latercase.com/products/iphone-xs-max-thin-case

Probably :wrong:, but :aintcare:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a similar one for my XS. It’s from Evutec. Comes with a magnetic car mount that goes into the AC vent of the car.
:nice:

Mk7 Jetta has CarPlay, so I lost all need for any kind of phone mount.

I have never been a huge fan of the vent mounts personally.

Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Apex wrote:
razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:03 pm Since crotchfruit I haven’t been as tech geeky.

I still have my XS. Did get a new MacBook though. I can admit I love DFD’ing on it compared to my phone.

Pixel is great. If I wasn’t in the Apple ecosystem I’d have a pixel.
I’ve been kinda debating about going a little :scrooge: with a XR vs the 11. :iono:
XR is a solid phone, but I’d probably 11 at this point. For the $100, I think it’s worth getting the newer chip, especially if you’re going to keep it for a long time. You also get a dual camera setup versus a single.

razr390

Wocka Wocka wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:11 pm
Apex wrote:
XR is a solid phone, but I’d probably 11 at this point. For the $100, I think it’s worth getting the newer chip, especially if you’re going to keep it for a long time. You also get a dual camera setup versus a single.

:dat:

I’d do it. Plus if they offer trade in bonus you could get the 11 for cheaper.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

I can't believe nobody said anything about the mini bugout.

When I posted about the bugout pics before everyone was all about it needing to be smaller to be perfect.... and it even comes in MFing orange.

Somehow this turned into what cell phone I want vs what you bought, in true DFD fashion.

:lolol:
razr390

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:08 pm I can't believe nobody said anything about the mini bugout.

When I posted about the bugout pics before everyone was all about it needing to be smaller to be perfect.... and it even comes in MFing orange.

Somehow this turned into what cell phone I want vs what you bought, in true DFD fashion.

Stick a knife in it, pal!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:08 pm I can't believe nobody said anything about the mini bugout.

Sheit, I forgot you posted pointy thing pics. :sad:

You had a mini Bugout vs Bugout pic there too, didn’t you?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I still want the griptilian. Wonder if any deals will pop up on those during this.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Wocka Wocka wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:58 pm Had a $25 online gift card from grocery :scrooge:-ing. So I decided to throw in the extra $14 towards a ridiculously expensive phone case I’ve been wanting.

I don't think I ever spent more than $9 on a phone case. :scrooge:
Last edited by wap on Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Double pasta
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390

wap wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:53 pm

Double pasta
Mmmm... pasta :drool:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

razr390 wrote:
wap wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:53 pm Double pasta
We had spaghetti last night. Was definitely :drool:

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Wocka Wocka wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:36 am
razr390 wrote:
We had spaghetti last night. Was definitely :drool:

I rarely eat pasta but was a bit hungover on Thursday and made spaghetti for lunch, it was 5/7.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:36 am We had spaghetti last night. Was definitely :drool:

I rarely eat pasta but was a bit hungover on Thursday and made spaghetti for lunch, it was 5/7.
We definitely don’t eat it like we used to, but when we have it, definitely 5/7.

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:26 pm

I still want the griptilian. Wonder if any deals will pop up on those during this.
Doesn't look like that market is slowing much. Many knives are out of stock. I guess many people have too much browsing time and the booze intake increase has them clicking "buy it now" more often.
razr390

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:13 am

Doesn't look like that market is slowing much. Many knives are out of stock. I guess many people have too much browsing time and the booze intake increase has them clicking "buy it now" more often.
Well, it’s easy to justify much of any purchase right now:

If we die it doesn’t matter where my money went
If not I have a sick (insert product here)
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I'm going to pull back hard on bs spending
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:13 am

Yeah that’s what I saw in my brief browse yesterday. A griptilian with the G10 is still &180-210.

Do you think the G10 upgrades are worth it? Iirc you. Get the better steel for the blade with it as well.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Got basically all of my little parts for the orange guitar over the past week and spent most of yesterday working on it, finished around 5AM.

Swapped out pickups and mounting rings, Floyd Rose fine tuners and springs and sustain block, polished frets, cleaned and oiled fretboard, and put it all back together with new strings from GHS in Michigan.

The only thing I'm waiting on now is this cool strap-on.

Maybe at some point I'll get some colored knobs for the tuners but otherwise it's done. $200 guitar now has a little over $300 into it but plays great. :whocares:

Apex

troyguitar wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:14 pm Got basically all of my little parts for the orange guitar over the past week and spent most of yesterday working on it, finished around 5AM.

Swapped out pickups and mounting rings, Floyd Rose fine tuners and springs and sustain block, polished frets, cleaned and oiled fretboard, and put it all back together with new strings from GHS in Michigan.

Maybe at some point I'll get some colored knobs for the tuners but otherwise it's done. $200 guitar now has a little over $300 into it but plays great. :whocares:

That looks rad Troy! Enjoy shredding with it.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Amusingly what I'm playing right now is actually way more 70s but I'm playing it on this guitar NFG. On sunday I'm supposed to do an online "recital" playing this tune along with a second one that I need to finish writing this week:

https://youtu.be/dAtqKRmOkUo?t=83
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:14 pm Got basically all of my little parts for the orange guitar over the past week and spent most of yesterday working on it, finished around 5AM.

This thing looks so fantastic. Love it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Piecing together an audio system for the garage.

Scored a Pioneer 5.1 receiver off FB marketplace for $60 yesterday from an old dude and it looks brand new. :fuckyeah:

Monoprice had a sale on some 6.5" 2 way outdoor speakers that I picked up for $75 so we'll have some outside tunes...powered by the A/B zones on the receiver.

Also scored a Sonos ZP90 off eBay for $100 so the garage/outside will be connected to the rest of the house.

I've got some Polk Audio 6.5" bookshelf speakers the wife thrifted a while back to go in the garage.

Best part about the 5.1 receiver is I've debated hanging a screen and projector in the garage to do "drive in" movies. I could setup a nice surround sound system in there if I wanted to go :fullretard:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:49 am Piecing together an audio system for the garage.

Scored a Pioneer 5.1 receiver off FB marketplace for $60 yesterday from an old dude and it looks brand new. :fuckyeah:

Monoprice had a sale on some 6.5" 2 way outdoor speakers that I picked up for $75 so we'll have some outside tunes...powered by the A/B zones on the receiver.

Also scored a Sonos ZP90 off eBay for $100 so the garage/outside will be connected to the rest of the house.

I've got some Polk Audio 6.5" bookshelf speakers the wife thrifted a while back to go in the garage.

Best part about the 5.1 receiver is I've debated hanging a screen and projector in the garage to do "drive in" movies. I could setup a nice surround sound system in there if I wanted to go :fullretard:
Garage tunes are a necessity. :bravo: on the :scrooge: setup!
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:51 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:49 am Piecing together an audio system for the garage.

Garage tunes are a necessity. :bravo: on the :scrooge: setup!
I've got decent bluetooth speaker out there, but it just doesn't cut it for the large space. Worse is the shitty range of bluetooth means it's always cutting out on me as I walk around with my phone on me. The :scrooge: Sonos setup will be awesome.

Plus, the receiver has an FM tuner, which sometimes I like just putting on simple terrestrial radio.