So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

I want an air fryer but we have too many kitchen gadgets and not enough storage space. I should throw out the actual deep fryer and replace it with the air fryer
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:35 am I want an air fryer but we have too many kitchen gadgets and not enough storage space. I should throw out the actual deep fryer and replace it with the air fryer
I'd recommend that. You can always deep fry with a regular pot. We never deep fry food though. Way too much grease and mess.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

dubshow wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:40 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:35 am I want an air fryer but we have too many kitchen gadgets and not enough storage space. I should throw out the actual deep fryer and replace it with the air fryer
I'd recommend that. You can always deep fry with a regular pot. We never deep fry food though. Way too much grease and mess.
Seconded.

I have deep fryer, but I hate it because of the mess. Plus I only use it outside so the house doesn't stick and get coated in oil.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Yeah deep fryinig really stinks up the place and is bad for you, not something I would ever do at home.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Not gonna lie, these are pretty great.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:19 pm Image

Not gonna lie, these are pretty great.
Link?

We have some friends with kids that are obsessed with bubbles. :tits: bought a Unicorn one for them to play with and they love it. Would add a dino for sure.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Bought some luggage today.

We've been using some Samsonite bags that were fairly expensive, but really haven't held up too well over the last 2 years. Wanted to try some hard-sided bags this time and this company has a 100 day no questions asked return policy.

Ordered a set of the Bigger Carry-On and Large checked bag for me, and one for the wife. Also ordered their packing cubes to try them out.

https://www.awaytravel.com/suitcases/bi ... y-on/white

https://www.awaytravel.com/suitcases/large/white
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:26 am Bought some luggage today.

We've been using some Samsonite bags that were fairly expensive, but really haven't held up too well over the last 2 years. Wanted to try some hard-sided bags this time and this company has a 100 day no questions asked return policy.

Ordered a set of the Bigger Carry-On and Large checked bag for me, and one for the wife. Also ordered their packing cubes to try them out.

After traveling a ton over the last several years, I found hard side bags are the way to go. Everything stays in it's place perfectly which reduces clothing wrinkles and such, plus superior durability over the years of being handled by airline :derp: . I have a Calvin Klein one that lasted four years of almost weekly use, finally the retractable handle broke, and they shipped me a brand new case free. 5/7
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:40 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:26 am Bought some luggage today.

After traveling a ton over the last several years, I found hard side bags are the way to go. Everything stays in it's place perfectly which reduces clothing wrinkles and such, plus superior durability over the years of being handled by airline :derp: . I have a Calvin Klein one that lasted four years of almost weekly use, finally the retractable handle broke, and they shipped me a brand new case free. 5/7
That's what I'm hoping for with these.

4 years of weekly travel and then the handle breaks is damned good!

My current crap has gone round trip SFO to Hawaii twice and SFO to Nashville twice, and the carry-on sized bags have gone to Vegas a bunch. They all look like they are beat to shit and 10+ years old and I only got them 2 years ago.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I’d been looking at those Away luggage sets. In4review.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:51 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:40 am

My current crap has gone round trip SFO to Hawaii twice and SFO to Nashville twice, and the carry-on sized bags have gone to Vegas a bunch. They all look like they are beat to shit and 10+ years old and I only got them 2 years ago.
Yeah that's not good. I have a large OGIO I used when checking a bag, the hard shell was my carry on. The OGIO held up quite nicely over the years as well, they are a little pricey but quite well made.

As for the four years, I agree. I would've still been happy with it sans free replacement. I pinged them to see if I could buy a new handle and they just mailed me the entire case :mindblown: but they now have a customer for the foreseeable future once every decade when the bag wears out.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:51 am I’d been looking at those Away luggage sets. In4review.
Will post once I get them and then once they go with me to Nashville next month.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:53 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:51 am

Yeah that's not good. I have a large OGIO I used when checking a bag, the hard shell was my carry on. The OGIO held up quite nicely over the years as well, they are a little pricey but quite well made.

As for the four years, I agree. I would've still been happy with it sans free replacement. I pinged them to see if I could buy a new handle and they just mailed me the entire case :mindblown: but they now have a customer for the foreseeable future once every decade when the bag wears out.
I have a couple OGIO bags that are NVIDIA branded and they are nice, but I only have smaller ones.. a messenger type and a backpack.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

We were issued them when I was touring doing production with NASCAR (NASCAR branded I think) but had to return when I quit, so I bought one of the huge ones. It works well but is too big unless we're taking a trip over a week, which I used to do often, now almost never.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

got an outdoor table for gazebo area

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

dubshow wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:07 am got an outdoor table for gazebo area

:nice:

The outdoor space is one thing that I actually look forward to :pinshit: once we get a :haus:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Man I wish my luggage company didn't go out of business a few years ago. My carry on is 30 years old this year, has crossed the Atlantic over 2 dozen times, has been on several cruises and road trips, and still looks and performs as new. The whole thing is made basically out of ballistic nylon with ridiculously over-engineered zippers, buckles, and hardware, and is even waterproof. It was pretty :waxer: , but I bought it on clearance 30 years ago as noted for $250. Worth every penny. Its only drawback is that it was from the pre-wheeled era so I have to sling it over my shoulder or hand it off of the wife's wheelie so that's not a yuuge deal.

That Away brand looks interesting, and it's not even that expensive. I4review.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Dat :tits: anium doe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:nice:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex

wap wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:44 pm:nice:
I’ve been wanting to add something to my usual work wear instead of the same watch every day.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:38 pm Dat :tits: anium doe.

I have a titanium Citizen watch for eight years or so and it's held up really nicely. Yours looks better :doe: :like:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Good stuff. I like the look of that one a lot. What's the case size and model?
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Good stuff. I like the look of that one a lot. What's the case size and model?
It’s a 43mm case, slightly larger than the other Citizen I got as a college graduation present many years ago. This is only a mineral crystal but works for me.
Link to this model:
https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/prod ... 00&start=6
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So, after recent events and realizing how important sleep is, I bought a new bed last night.

Ended up getting another Sleep Number, but this time one that raises/lowers your head/feet. Also bought a few accessories like the custom sheets and one of the temp controllers to make the bet warmer/cooler. Came in at just over $11k :shock:

It has the whole SleepIQ setup that works with your phone/tablet and monitors your sleep/restlessness/out of bed time, heart rate and more and tracks it all. The manager at the store showed us his personal last many days report, pretty cool.

https://www.sleepnumber.com/sn/en/beds/ ... ?size=King

https://www.sleepnumber.com/sn/en/All-B ... /dualtemp3
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:48 pm So, after recent events and realizing how important sleep is, I bought a new bed last night.

Ended up getting another Sleep Number, but this time one that raises/lowers your head/feet. Also bought a few accessories like the custom sheets and one of the temp controllers to make the bet warmer/cooler. Came in at just over $11k :shock:

It has the whole SleepIQ setup that works with your phone/tablet and monitors your sleep/restlessness/out of bed time, heart rate and more and tracks it all. The manager at the store showed us his personal last many days report, pretty cool.

https://www.sleepnumber.com/sn/en/beds/ ... ?size=King

https://www.sleepnumber.com/sn/en/All-B ... /dualtemp3
*Gives my $450 mattress in a bag from the internet this look :disgust: *

That bed sounds like true luxury