So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:42 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:33 pm

I didn’t know people wanted progress pics. This kit is :impressive: in its attention to detail.

I’m about 5 hours in and probably just short of being half-way done.
In my lifetime, I've probably logged more time playing with Legos than any other toy by a long shot. Yet as an adult, I've never built one of those kits because I'm too :scrooge: to buy one. Was hoping to live vicariously through you, but I see how it is.

:trollface:
Another 2 hours or so on the build... First pic was when I started tonight and the second is where I finished for tonight.

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:31 pm
:well: progress pics?

:hibachi:
I didn’t know people wanted progress pics. This kit is :impressive: in its attention to detail.

A couple years ago LEGO had the GT3RS Kit in orange for sale. We sold them in our parts department for $299.

During a particularly slow February, we built one because it was February at a sports car service department And we were bored. My parts manager put it out on display next to the box, and jokingly put a $399 price tag on it.

We sold two of them.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:17 pm

A couple years ago LEGO had the GT3RS Kit in orange for sale. We sold them in our parts department for $299.

During a particularly slow February, we built one because it was February at a sports car service department And we were bored. My parts manager put it out on display next to the box, and jokingly put a $399 price tag on it.

We sold two of them.
:impressive:

I’ve wanted the GT3RS kit, but tre hundo was a bit much. The RSR is half that and I figured :troywax:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Got a Ring doorbell and an indoor camera to start us out. I know there might be better versions from different manufacturers, but the ecosystem is pretty :tits: and it was super easy to set up. We are leaving for a week and will have someone taking care of our cats (coming in 15-30 mins a day to feed/change water/change litter), so I'd like to get an eye on the place.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:19 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:42 pm
In my lifetime, I've probably logged more time playing with Legos than any other toy by a long shot. Yet as an adult, I've never built one of those kits because I'm too :scrooge: to buy one. Was hoping to live vicariously through you, but I see how it is.

:trollface:
Another 2 hours or so on the build... First pic was when I started tonight and the second is where I finished for tonight.

Pretty solid detail in the chassis it looks like.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:40 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:19 pm

There is, it’s been fun building the engine, suspension, steering, etc.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:40 pm

There is, it’s been fun building the engine, suspension, steering, etc.
Love that stuff!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Nearly finished, and it’s looking like a car now. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:44 am Image

Nearly finished, and it’s looking like a car now. :lol:
:ohdang: coming along nicely!
Apex

I have a RSR!

All in all, took roughly 10 casual hours to build. 5/7 would recommend.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:45 pm I have a RSR!

:nice:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

That's a cool kit!
ChrisoftheNorth

:fuckyeah:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Great!

Now you need to tear it down and rebuild it with glue. ;)
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:06 pm

Great!

Now you need to tear it down and rebuild it with glue. ;)
That’s not a bad idea with a toddler who loves to play with Legos... :lol:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

This is sweet. My boss bought me the orange Z06 one for my 10 year anniversary at work. It got put together that night. I really want the bigger ones but my fucking god, that price tag is just retarded. Legos are pretty much the reason I do what I do with my career. Going into Architecture and switching to Industrial Design was pretty much because I constantly tinkered and learned to problem solve mechanical and design issues. Same goes for why I dig doing mechanical drawings for parts for a career.
My wife nagged me once because she couldn't figure out a drawing for how to put some shit together and said it was ultra confusing and I wouldn't be able to figure it out.
BISH, I DO THIS SHIT FOR A LIVING :bruh:
Apex

Acid666 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:14 pm

This is sweet. My boss bought me the orange Z06 one for my 10 year anniversary at work. It got put together that night. I really want the bigger ones but my fucking god, that price tag is just retarded. Legos are pretty much the reason I do what I do with my career. Going into Architecture and switching to Industrial Design was pretty much because I constantly tinkered and learned to problem solve mechanical and design issues. Same goes for why I dig doing mechanical drawings for parts for a career.
My wife nagged me once because she couldn't figure out a drawing for how to put some shit together and said it was ultra confusing and I wouldn't be able to figure it out.
Yeah, the big kits certainly can get expensive quick. But it was so much fun building something for a few hours each night. Also, really neat that Lego was the catalyst for your career. Nothing wrong with building/designing cool shit!

Way better than staring at my phone or TV for that time.
Acid666

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:19 pm
Acid666 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:14 pm

Yeah, the big kits certainly can get expensive quick. But it was so much fun building something for a few hours each night. Also, really neat that Lego was the catalyst for your career. Nothing wrong with building/designing cool shit!

When the pandemic started, the wife and I started to put together one of the Jekca cats I got for valentines day a year ago. It's like a 2,000 piece thing with little 90° twist rivets to help lock the pieces in place. I need to get back on it. I wanna say we've got about 5 or 6 hours invested and only have about 15% of it done.
https://www.jekca.com/index.php?route=common/home
Apex

Acid666 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:57 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:19 pm

When the pandemic started, the wife and I started to put together one of the Jekca cats I got for valentines day a year ago. It's like a 2,000 piece thing with little 90° twist rivets to help lock the pieces in place. I need to get back on it. I wanna say we've got about 5 or 6 hours invested and only have about 15% of it done.
:ohdang:
Those look pretty cool!
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:05 pm
Acid666 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:57 pm

:ohdang:
Those look pretty cool!
:dat:

I had no idea these existed! I probably stand a pretty good chance at getting one of these as a display thing. :notbad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

180lbs of weights, two screw end dumbbells, a curl bar and 5.5ft straight bar incoming! Time for some :massles:
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:54 pm Image

180lbs of weights, two screw end dumbbells, a curl bar and 5.5ft straight bar incoming! Time for some :massles:
:mahman:
Acid666

I did the thing today.

I went to Northern Tool to purchase this but there was none on the shelf, and none in the back. Dude told me to order online and it'll ship to the store for free. I searched on Amazon, and it was the same price, but was from the Northern Tool Amazon store. So I double dipped and got free shipping on top of being able to use my Amazon card for 5% cash back. So I got nearly $30 back (on my next purchase at least). Lol.

Also decided on this helmet. Good reviews, good sized lens, but a few people said their auto-dim feature on the lens stopped working correctly so they submitted a claim on their warranty and got completely reimbursed from Amazon no questions asked. So great customer service and it looks like they honor their 1 year warranty, but the 4 year warranty from Amazon was only $9 so I said fuck it. If I had problems past the year I'll get a new one. Or if I do enough welding I'll purchase a really nice $300 one.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Acid666 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:32 pm I did the thing today.

I went to Northern Tool to purchase this but there was none on the shelf, and none in the back. Dude told me to order online and it'll ship to the store for free. I searched on Amazon, and it was the same price, but was from the Northern Tool Amazon store. So I double dipped and got free shipping on top of being able to use my Amazon card for 5% cash back. So I got nearly $30 back (on my next purchase at least). Lol.

Also decided on this helmet. Good reviews, good sized lens, but a few people said their auto-dim feature on the lens stopped working correctly so they submitted a claim on their warranty and got completely reimbursed from Amazon no questions asked. So great customer service and it looks like they honor their 1 year warranty, but the 4 year warranty from Amazon was only $9 so I said fuck it. If I had problems past the year I'll get a new one. Or if I do enough welding I'll purchase a really nice $300 one.
Whatever you do don't buy the Panoramaxx Crystal because I'll be so jealous I might die
Acid666

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:42 am
Acid666 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:32 pm I did the thing today.

Whatever you do don't buy the Panoramaxx Crystal because I'll be so jealous I might die
I had to look it up, I thought it was something from Labyrinth or some shit. I ain't spending that kinda dough yet. I still got some big ticket items for the Lemons Poverty NSX. I do need to purchase some other things like grinding wheels and sanding shit. I'm looking at the Northern tool welding table right now because grounding individual pieces of steel is gonna be tiring when I can just ground to the damn work table.