So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Big Red Trailcock

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:49 am

Apex wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:44 am
Zillon wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:26 am

Fine, I fell victim.

Bought Diode Dynamics SL1s for my low beams and SLFs for the foglights. :wasteful:
:lol: peer pressure!
Surprisingly I didn't get an e-mail from them - checked their site for a discount, saw they had 20% off, and pulled the trigger.

I didn't take advantage of a single e-mail deal I received.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2009 Meata

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:57 am

Zillon wrote:
Apex wrote:

Surprisingly I didn't get an e-mail from them - checked their site for a discount, saw they had 20% off, and pulled the trigger.

so strong willed!
I identify as poor. The government says otherwise.

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:57 am

Zillon wrote:
Apex wrote:

Turns out I saved some money on my waterpump for the :mk6: because of :dill: s being had. 300 list, they do 10% off on the reg, and I bought 10 more bucks off of that :ino:
Weekly :fax:
? wrote: "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid."

Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: CookieMonster

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:01 am

Zillon wrote:
Apex wrote:

:notbad:
That should solve what seems to be your only negative on the WK2, I think?

Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Big Red Trailcock

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:12 am

Apex wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:01 am
Zillon wrote:

:notbad:
That should solve what seems to be your only negative on the WK2, I think?
:dat:
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2009 Meata

CorvetteWaxer
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Turbo Beetle, AWD Egg, JLU

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:46 am

Apex wrote:
Zillon wrote:

Fine, I fell victim.

Bought Diode Dynamics SL1s for my low beams and SLFs for the foglights. :wasteful:
I love that it took less than 12 hours to get a reversal of position. It makes me feel that I am not alone.
I'm on my last bag of peas.

Johnny_P
Drives: Burble

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:00 pm

Zillon wrote:
Zillon wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:56 am

This.

Only thing I wanna buy are some LED bulbs for the WK2 but I’m in full conservation mode so I can throw max funds at the porch projekt.
Fine, I fell victim.

:lolol:

CorvetteWaxer
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:10 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:01 pm
Steak last night
Roasted fish packs tonight

:fatty:

Made some more pierogies for Thanksgiving and we brought them to her parents house with us. 60 of them, gone in about 10 minutes, lol. They were so good.

Joined a buy nothing group on facebook and I'm purging all sorts of bullshit. Lots of stuff that's just been collecting dust, gone in 1 day. :impressive:

Johnny_P wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:17 pm
What kind of loot did everyone pull in for :mahtroy: Friday this year?

I saw JBL, Sony, Sennheiser, etc had some crazy deals on noise-canceling headphones. Almost picked up a pair but couldn't mentally justify it over my already great earbuds so I just :flaccid: bought replacement earbud foam thingies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but those foam "thingies" are "something" and not "nothing".

Don't worry, I'm not on Facebook and won't tell on you. I wouldn't want to see all the sissies on FB rage on you for committing such a heinous crime against humanity.

:hue:

:gag:

SAWCE
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Willys Wheeler

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:34 pm

Ended up buying supplements. 20% off at truenutrition and 15% off at animal.
:sawce:

Johnny_P

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:44 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Johnny_P wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:01 pm
Steak last night
Roasted fish packs tonight

:fatty:

Made some more pierogies for Thanksgiving and we brought them to her parents house with us. 60 of them, gone in about 10 minutes, lol. They were so good.

Joined a buy nothing group on facebook and I'm purging all sorts of bullshit. Lots of stuff that's just been collecting dust, gone in 1 day. :impressive:

Johnny_P wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:17 pm
What kind of loot did everyone pull in for :mahtroy: Friday this year?

I saw JBL, Sony, Sennheiser, etc had some crazy deals on noise-canceling headphones. Almost picked up a pair but couldn't mentally justify it over my already great earbuds so I just :flaccid: bought replacement earbud foam thingies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but those foam "thingies" are "something" and not "nothing".

Don't worry, I'm not on Facebook and won't tell on you. I wouldn't want to see all the sissies on FB rage on you for committing such a heinous crime against humanity.

Hah. I hate fecesbook. BUT, this giving shit away group is an excellent way to purge stuff that would otherwise just go to a landfill. Like, there's no way I'm putting up with crangslist people to sell a cutting board or a brita pitcher. Buy nothing group, someone comes and picks it up and that's that. I off'd a small pile of shit in 1 day which was great.

CorvetteWaxer
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:48 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

Hah. I hate fecesbook. BUT, this giving shit away group is an excellent way to purge stuff that would otherwise just go to a landfill. Like, there's no way I'm putting up with crangslist people to sell a cutting board or a brita pitcher. Buy nothing group, someone comes and picks it up and that's that. I off'd a small pile of shit in 1 day which was great.
:)

I was just giving you shit.

Any outlet to easily offload stuff is cool by me. I hate CL too, I have a few larger things I should post there to get rid of, but I hate dealing with the scum that troll CL.

D Griff
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: AARPurple Brub Tub

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:53 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

I need to look up one of these.

Johnny_P

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Johnny_P wrote:

Any outlet to easily offload stuff is cool by me. I hate CL too, I have a few larger things I should post there to get rid of, but I hate dealing with the scum that troll CL.
Yeah exactly. This group is closed, only people that live in my neighborhood are on it, so it's not like someone is going to be a complete ass to you. I dunno. I probably won't "get" anything on it, but I'll keep offloading with it.

CaleDeRoo
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: C5

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:01 pm

I love how comfortable my wired ones are so figured I'll try these.

D Griff
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:22 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

Yeah exactly. This group is closed, only people that live in my neighborhood are on it, so it's not like someone is going to be a complete ass to you. I dunno. I probably won't "get" anything on it, but I'll keep offloading with it.
There's very little I want to "get" anyway other than tools and a washer and dryer. A free leaf blower would be rad.

CorvetteWaxer
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:42 pm

D Griff wrote:
Johnny_P wrote:

There's very little I want to "get" anyway other than tools and a washer and dryer. A free leaf blower would be rad.
Yeah, I'm on a tool kick as well as more car detailing stuff. Spent a few hundred on towels yesterday and a couple more on some chemicals... Been looking at buying all kinds of Milwaukee tools, but it's truly :wasteful: since I would be replacing perfectly good Dewalt tools.

Johnny_P

Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:45 pm

I like my Milwaukee drills. M12. Solid performers.

CorvetteWaxer
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:02 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:45 pm
I like my Milwaukee drills. M12. Solid performers.
I've got a couple, but debating switching everything over to one system... but then again, I would have M12 and M18, so not really one system.. that's where I keep hitting the pause button.

D Griff
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:06 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
D Griff wrote:

Yeah, I'm on a tool kick as well as more car detailing stuff. Spent a few hundred on towels yesterday and a couple more on some chemicals... Been looking at buying all kinds of Milwaukee tools, but it's truly :wasteful: since I would be replacing perfectly good Dewalt tools.
I'm waiting until we're in our new :haus: and stuff but I think I'm going to go down the Milwaukee road for power tools. I've been on corded HF shit up to this point, it's time to upgrade in a few categories.

Detroit
Drives: Gladiatrice

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:03 am

D Griff wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

I'm waiting until we're in our new :haus: and stuff but I think I'm going to go down the Milwaukee road for power tools. I've been on corded HF shit up to this point, it's time to upgrade in a few categories.
I'm really impressed with the Milwaukee ecosystem. If I didn't already have a bunch of DeWalt stuff, I'd probably switch over.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

CorvetteWaxer
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:59 pm

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote:

I'm really impressed with the Milwaukee ecosystem. If I didn't already have a bunch of DeWalt stuff, I'd probably switch over.
Yeah, that's my whole point. Need to kill some DeWalt tools so I can justify the move.

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:09 pm

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote:

i was super lucky enough to be in search of a new system when they launched. I can't speak highly enough of the new Milwaukee fuel system. Replaced my old makita lith ion where where long in tooth.

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:09 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Detroit wrote:

Yeah, that's my whole point. Need to kill some DeWalt tools so I can justify the move.
sell off used and go get the really nice shit. Its worth it.

Detroit
Drives: Gladiatrice

Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:13 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Detroit wrote:

That's the bad (good?) thing...DeWalt tools are durable AF. My dad has a cordless drill with an NiMH (the battery he's had rebuild a few times) that's well over 20 years old and still functions like a champ.

I've got a cordless drill, impact, oscillating tool, and work light that work with the Li-ion DeWalt system and I really can't complain about any of them. I just really want the Milwaukee sawzall and I think the packaging of their battery pack is smarter than DeWalt.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

Apex
Drives: CookieMonster

Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:14 pm

I’m glad I’m building up a small ecosystem now, and can start with the Milwaukee stuff. I had a crazy shopping cart from a link fled posted awhile back. :lol:

• Information