So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:59 am
Acid666 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:55 am

I spent enough on the Miata in the last few months that I didn't wanna spend more. Also have a termite yearly spray that I need to pay, a dentist visit, I gave my mom $100 to pitch in on my nephew and niece's gifts, and I just bought a whole weekend trip to Nola with dinner, Dave and Busters, and AcroCats/RockCats show to pay two friends that took care of our cats when we went on our D.C. trip who wont accept cash. So yeah, I'm tapped out. The Bedjet was $300, and was more of a "Holy shit, this is a little more than I wanted to spend but it knocks out a major birthday and part Christmas gift and she'll completely love this damn thing".

I should get a pit. Part of the reason we don't have people over more often is because we just cook for ourselves. If we had a bbq pit we could actually have more of a reason to get people over for longer periods.
A house in Louisiana without a device to smoke mass pork is......almost impossibru to imagine.
Dad never really taught me how to cook or bbq. (WAHHHHHHHHHHHH).
I don't really cook, just kinda minimally, and I can follow directions. I do cook a decent steak tho.

You gave me a million dollar idea. I'm going to stuff spiced meats and bacon into my pajama pants and shirt, and then tuck myself into the wife's side of the bed and let the Bedjet smoke us out all night. Next morning, you're covered in delicious bacon juice and you can pick off the deliciousness one bite at a time.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Acid666 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:01 pm

A house in Louisiana without a device to smoke mass pork is......almost impossibru to imagine.
I don't really cook, just kinda minimally, and I can follow directions. I do cook a decent steak tho.

You gave me a million dollar idea. I'm going to stuff spiced meats and bacon into my pajama pants and shirt, and then tuck myself into the wife's side of the bed and let the Bedjet smoke us out all night. Next morning, you're covered in delicious bacon juice and you can pick off the deliciousness one bite at a time.
:lolol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:30 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Ha ha!, and thank you . Had it here. https://www.ranchobernardoinn.com/. Thanksgiving dinner for 20, Friday after wedding dinner, wine country party limo/bus on Saturday, this that and the other (buying our judge officiant, who also provided incredible wine for the wedding dinner) a staycation, etc. etc., was 15Kish. Really beautiful and turned out beyond our expecations, mostly close friends, + a few relatives (only the cool ones),everybody had a blast. The gf was pleased, that's really all that matters Not included in the 15K, we had our hardware custom built in Santa Fe, that was :waxer: af but very nice.

I truly feel no different after the event, but it meant a lot to her and that makes me happy.
Right in my backyard. TFTI :(
If I could tell you how many people we "should" have invited but did not because of some negative issue you would hardly feel slighted. Both of her sisters axed. The first because she's a rich housewife gone amok who would tell us how to improve our wedding instead of simply enjoying it. The second because she wouldn't agree to shut up and not tell the first. That's just the beginning. We used "elope for a month in Europe" as our default and then went backwards from there in terms of what kind of ceremony/guest list gave the autonomy/enjoyment that people our age have quite frankly earned. When you are 25 you perhaps have an obligation to invite wacky Aunt Ruth and weird cousin Delvin. At our age those obligations are no longer in play. We get to do what we want to do.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:01 pm

Airboat Delight.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Acid666

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:11 pm

If I could tell you how many people we "should" have invited but did not because of some negative issue you would hardly feel slighted. Both of her sisters axed. The first because she's a rich housewife gone amok who would tell us how to improve our wedding instead of simply enjoying it. The second because she wouldn't agree to shut up and not tell the first. That's just the beginning. We used "elope for a month in Europe" as our default and then went backwards from there in terms of what kind of ceremony/guest list gave the autonomy/enjoyment that people our age have quite frankly earned. When you are 25 you perhaps have an obligation to invite wacky Aunt Ruth and weird cousin Delvin. At our age those obligations are no longer in play. We get to do what we want to do.
LOLOLO the sister thing is great! My mom gave me hell on some of our choices and I told her where she could shove it. "Well you've gotta invite So and So, and then there's X, Y, and Z!"
"I ain't gotta do shit. We're inviting about 40 people and their plus 1s"
"BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS SPECIAL COUSIN THAT YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IN 15 YEARS AND ETC ETC ETC>.....?"
"Yeah, fuck those people. Also, we're having a halloween and cat themed wedding. Suck it".

She knows half of Lafayette so I gave her 12, FUCKING 12 plus 1s. She invited none of them. Didn't matter. All our closest friends had fun and loved the cat and halloween theme. It was basically a big house party with table games, open bar, and cupcakes.
Do what you want, and don't invite tons of people unless that's your personality.
SAWCE

Haha just messing with you. That's awesome that you guys actually axed ridiculous family members from the list. My sisters had random people that we grew up going to church with at their weddings.. no way that shit is happening whenever mine finally happens. Sisters and their husbands (no kids), my parents, then maybe 4 or 5 close friends of mine and their +1 if married or in a long-term relationship and I like their partner.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:18 pm

Haha just messing with you. That's awesome that you guys actually axed ridiculous family members from the list. My sisters had random people that we grew up going to church with at their weddings.. no way that shit is happening whenever mine finally happens. Sisters and their husbands (no kids), my parents, then maybe 4 or 5 close friends of mine and their +1 if married or in a long-term relationship and I like their partner.
Have you reserved the Mr. Olympia stage as your venue yet?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:35 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
Ha ha!, and thank you . Had it here. https://www.ranchobernardoinn.com/. Thanksgiving dinner for 20, Friday after wedding dinner, wine country party limo/bus on Saturday, this that and the other (buying our judge officiant, who also provided incredible wine for the wedding dinner) a staycation, etc. etc., was 15Kish. Really beautiful and turned out beyond our expecations, mostly close friends, + a few relatives (only the cool ones),everybody had a blast. The gf was pleased, that's really all that matters Not included in the 15K, we had our hardware custom built in Santa Fe, that was :waxer: af but very nice.

I truly feel no different after the event, but it meant a lot to her and that makes me happy.
Sounds familiar, we hit 12 years together on the day of our wedding. I don't feel any different either but she's really happy about it - and luckily she still feels that way over a year later.
Pretty easy to navigate $20 hamburgers in Fingerlakes Country with this attitude. I've got a buddy who blow a half a million a year trying to avoid the basic fact that his marriage sucks balls.
Last edited by Desertbreh on Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:20 pm

Hahaha good idea.

I actually considered popping the question to Michelle at my show with both our families there, but I'm gonna wait a bit. Planning on a show in 2020, so unless I get some major pressure between now and then maybe I'll actually do it after that show.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

This was also major criteria. You're a big time buddy of mine but your wife is a bitch? Sorry, you don't make the cut.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:27 pm

Hahaha good idea.

I actually considered popping the question to Michelle at my show with both our families there, but I'm gonna wait a bit. Planning on a show in 2020, so unless I get some major pressure between now and then maybe I'll actually do it after that show.
Wow, I was wrong about this one.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:03 pm :neat:

Congrats. You should have hired a planner.
Ha ha!, and thank you . Had it here. https://www.ranchobernardoinn.com/. Thanksgiving dinner for 20, Friday after wedding dinner, wine country party limo/bus on Saturday, this that and the other (buying our judge officiant, who also provided incredible wine for the wedding dinner) a staycation, etc. etc., was 15Kish. Really beautiful and turned out beyond our expecations, mostly close friends, + a few relatives (only the cool ones),everybody had a blast. The wife unit was pleased, that's really all that matters Not included in the 15K, we had our hardware custom built in Santa Fe, that was :waxer: af but very nice.

bold = FIFY
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Ha ha!, and thank you . Had it here. https://www.ranchobernardoinn.com/. Thanksgiving dinner for 20, Friday after wedding dinner, wine country party limo/bus on Saturday, this that and the other (buying our judge officiant, who also provided incredible wine for the wedding dinner) a staycation, etc. etc., was 15Kish. Really beautiful and turned out beyond our expecations, mostly close friends, + a few relatives (only the cool ones),everybody had a blast. The wife unit was pleased, that's really all that matters Not included in the 15K, we had our hardware custom built in Santa Fe, that was :waxer: af but very nice.

bold = FIFY
:notwrong:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:18 pm

LOLOLO the sister thing is great! My mom gave me hell on some of our choices and I told her where she could shove it. "Well you've gotta invite So and So, and then there's X, Y, and Z!"
"I ain't gotta do shit. We're inviting about 40 people and their plus 1s"
"BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS SPECIAL COUSIN THAT YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IN 15 YEARS AND ETC ETC ETC>.....?"
"Yeah, fuck those people. Also, we're having a halloween and cat themed wedding. Suck it".

She knows half of Lafayette so I gave her 12, FUCKING 12 plus 1s. She invited none of them. Didn't matter. All our closest friends had fun and loved the cat and halloween theme. It was basically a big house party with table games, open bar, and cupcakes.
Do what you want, and don't invite tons of people unless that's your personality.
My mother made the list, her sister did not. I love my aunt but her partner is a PITA. Result=:nope:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Hahaha good idea.

:ohdang:
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Hahaha good idea.

We'll see. I kinda had to pull my head out of my ass with the whole bodybuilding thing, but at the same time, as the show got closer and she saw how much this actually means to me she came around in her own right. We have a much better understanding of each other and our respective needs than we did when we split back in May. Going to give living together a shot again next year, and that'll be the make or break for us.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:58 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:30 pm

We'll see. I kinda had to pull my head out of my ass with the whole bodybuilding thing, but at the same time, as the show got closer and she saw how much this actually means to me she came around in her own right. We have a much better understanding of each other and our respective needs than we did when we split back in May. Going to give living together a shot again next year, and that'll be the make or break for us.
what a solid adult like plan
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:04 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:58 pm

what a solid adult like plan
:word: We've even been talking about what went wrong last time and what we need from the other person to make it work this time instead of just pulling the trigger over a weekend like we did before. :bow:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:28 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:22 am WTF do I want for Christmas
:lolgasm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Acid666 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:29 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:27 am
This looks incredible.
My wife works graveyards, and is constantly having trouble getting to sleep. When she doesn't sleep enough during the day then I get to deal with super crankyness when I get home at 5pm.
This seems to be helping a bunch.
Grave digger?
Grave robber?
Organ thief?
:iono:
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:57 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:52 am Who'd you marry?
Ze gf. Just formalizing a pre-existing condition.
:ohdang:
Congrats Breh!
wap

troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:03 pm :neat:

Congrats. You should have hired a planner.

:nice:
Acid666

wap wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:55 pm
Acid666 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:29 am

My wife works graveyards, and is constantly having trouble getting to sleep. When she doesn't sleep enough during the day then I get to deal with super crankyness when I get home at 5pm.
This seems to be helping a bunch.
Grave digger?
Grave robber?
Organ thief?
:iono:
No thieving. She just literally works the graveyards.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:29 pm

This was also major criteria. You're a big time buddy of mine but your wife is a bitch? Sorry, you don't make the cut.
Cold blooded
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:08 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:29 pm

Cold blooded
Yea I could see that potentially ending some friendships.