So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Whats amazing is an antique.tractor can sit for 2 years. Get a new battery, ign coil and a bit of carb cleaning with fresh gas and fire right up.

1965 Farmall cub. I got a coil and gas for it and move it from it's potential death bed. Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:17 pm Whats amazing is an antique.tractor can sit for 2 years. Get a new battery, ign coil and a bit of carb cleaning with fresh gas and fire right up.

1965 Farmall cub. I got a coil and gas for it and move it from it's potential death bed. Image

Bad ass. What are you going to do with it?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

dubshow wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:17 pm Whats amazing is an antique.tractor can sit for 2 years. Get a new battery, ign coil and a bit of carb cleaning with fresh gas and fire right up.

My dad had an IH. He also restored my grandfather's 1953 Case VAC after it sat under my grandmas apple tree for 30 years or so. It's now been 25 years or so since the restoration but still looks good.

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:impressive:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:36 pm

My dad had an IH. He also restored my grandfather's 1953 Case VAC after it sat under my grandmas apple tree for 30 years or so. It's now been 25 years or so since the restoration but still looks good.

That looks like a Hoyt Clagwell!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote:My :scrooge: old guitar amp is acting up and I don't think I'll be able to fix it, now I'm probably going to end up buying a new one. I guess it did OK, I used it for 7-8 years and paid $100 used for it. Comparable new stuff starts at $200 now :doe: and is made in China from particle board vs USA made from real :woodplow: . :notsure:
I need to get one too.

Still kinda thinking about the used made in murica Peavey option. Interested to hear what you end up with.

My most recent :wasteful: : a brand new "justa" Pixel 1.0 phone for $227 shipped.

I have to relinquish my iTrude7 next Friday, my last day at Solid State Logic.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

KYGTIGuy wrote:

:neat:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote:My :scrooge: old guitar amp is acting up and I don't think I'll be able to fix it, now I'm probably going to end up buying a new one. I guess it did OK, I used it for 7-8 years and paid $100 used for it. Comparable new stuff starts at $200 now :doe: and is made in China from particle board vs USA made from real :woodplow: . :notsure:
I need to get one too.

Still kinda thinking about the used made in murica Peavey option. Interested to hear what you end up with.

My most recent :wasteful: : a brand new "justa" Pixel 1.0 phone for $227 shipped.

I forgot what exactly you were looking for, but if you want tubes specifically the Monoprice tube amps review well - the small one is only $99 brand new.

I'm probably going to skip tubes for now because I want something that is lightweight and sounds decent at both low and high volumes. My old Carvin has been perfect for that, it's a 100W little 1x12 combo that only weighs 24 lbs. Fits in the :wankel: trunk and can play with a full band with no unwanted distortion. I'm looking at the newer Boss Katana 50, gotta go try one at Guitar Center sometime.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote:
D Griff wrote: I need to get one too.

I forgot what exactly you were looking for, but if you want tubes specifically the Monoprice tube amps review well - the small one is only $99 brand new.

I'm probably going to skip tubes for now because I want something that is lightweight and sounds decent at both low and high volumes. My old Carvin has been perfect for that, it's a 100W little 1x12 combo that only weighs 24 lbs. Fits in the :wankel: trunk and can play with a full band with no unwanted distortion. I'm looking at the newer Boss Katana 50, gotta go try one at Guitar Center sometime.
I'm kind of torn, tubes are :neat: but I share walls with neighbors so something that can break up at low volumes would probably be a better choice.

I'm hoping to start jamming with friends now that I'll be home more, but my one buddy who would likely host the jams (has drum kit) owns like a dozen cool amps so I'll probably just use mine at home.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Hadn't even considered Monoprice, I've had good luck with other stuff from them :iono:

In4BossReview also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:42 am
D Griff wrote:
I need to get one too.

Ola Englund reviewed a Katana and it's a pretty killer little amp. I've heard great things about the small ass Joyo Zombie I think it is. But that's just a little amp, not a cab.
I just brought my 2X10 GK bass amp for my boss to give to his son since I don't use it. 2 10s don't really do shit for me and if I play at home I just plug into my Helix LT and run headphones.
Otherwise I've gotta run my 900w rig to be heard in a high gain setting.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:54 am Hadn't even considered Monoprice, I've had good luck with other stuff from them :iono:

In4BossReview also.

I had to go into Lexington today so I brought my guitar and screwed around with some stuff in GC. Boss Katana 50 is pretty :notbad: overall and probably great for most people. The clean tones on the Fenders are a little better, but everything else is better on the Katana. I'm happy with my overdrive pedals :doe: and don't really want/need the extra features in the Katana, so it was a coin toss - until the GC guy looked up used prices for me. The Katana starts at $150 used, Fender Champion 40 starts at $100, and neither of them seem to exist on craigslist anywhere near the GC used prices so I said fuck it and ordered the Fender. 45-day return policy too, so if I change my mind I'll just take it back. Unexpectedly :notbad: experience for going through a retail store instead of private parties or interwebs.

It still kind of sucks to replace a 'murican-made amp with real :woodplow: cabinet with a :disgust: chinese box of MDF, but whatever. It'll work for now.

Not that I'm all that into John Mayer, but it's this amp:

:whocares:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:30 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:54 am Hadn't even considered Monoprice, I've had good luck with other stuff from them :iono:

In4BossReview also.

I had to go into Lexington today so I brought my guitar and screwed around with some stuff in GC. Boss Katana 50 is pretty :notbad: overall and probably great for most people. The clean tones on the Fenders are a little better, but everything else is better on the Katana. I'm happy with my overdrive pedals :doe: and don't really want/need the extra features in the Katana, so it was a coin toss - until the GC guy looked up used prices for me. The Katana starts at $150 used, Fender Champion 40 starts at $100, and neither of them seem to exist on craigslist anywhere near the GC used prices so I said fuck it and ordered the Fender. 45-day return policy too, so if I change my mind I'll just take it back. Unexpectedly :notbad: experience for going through a retail store instead of private parties or interwebs.

It still kind of sucks to replace a 'murican-made amp with real :woodplow: cabinet with a :disgust: chinese box of MDF, but whatever. It'll work for now.

Not that I'm all that into John Mayer, but it's this amp:

:whocares:
:notbad:

You can just order used stuff at GC? :impressive:

I've used those before, they've always worked well in my experience, seems like a good amount of amp for $100.
troyguitar

Yep, there is tax and shipping so the price is higher than it seems but still not terrible. The only one I found locally for sale privately was $150 cash, the one I ordered from GC was like $130 total and has a solid return policy. You can just search for stuff and you'll get the new and used options, it's :notbad:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/search?Ntt ... hampion+40
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:43 pm Got a really sweet TV console table/media center at home goods. Normally $1500 got it for $499.
Damn. Robutt lives
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

My new cordless vacuum thing is :impressive:

I got it so I could clean dog hair more effectively off the couch. I was :mindblown: that it pulled out a good 4 fistfuls of dust out of it too, despite me vacuuming the couch the other day. This thing SUCKS.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BH ... UTF8&psc=1

Should help clean up the car too. :fuckyeah:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:33 pm My new cordless vacuum thing is :impressive:

I got it so I could clean dog hair more effectively off the couch. I was :mindblown: that it pulled out a good 4 fistfuls of dust out of it too, despite me vacuuming the couch the other day. This thing SUCKS.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BH ... UTF8&psc=1

Should help clean up the car too. :fuckyeah:
Damn.. I may need to hop on this. I hate seeing hair from Ava and Kai in the Jeep even when it's only in the trunk/hatch.. I'm sure there's stuff embedded in my couch like yours was too...
troyguitar

Sweetwater sound is offering 36 months zero interest on Mesa Boogie guitar amps, I'm really tempted to :troywax: for a perfect one instead of screwing around with cheap chinese particle board shit... "only" $57 a month for a proper high end amp that'll last a lifetime. $2050 vs the $130 I'm spending on the :scrooge: special. :disgust:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:08 pm Sweetwater sound is offering 36 months zero interest on Mesa Boogie guitar amps, I'm really tempted to :troywax: for a perfect one instead of screwing around with cheap chinese particle board shit... "only" $57 a month for a proper high end amp that'll last a lifetime. $2050 vs the $130 I'm spending on the :scrooge: special. :disgust:
:doit: you can’t afford not to.

Real talk though, Mesa Boogie amps do sounds really fucking nice.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:28 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:08 pm Sweetwater sound is offering 36 months zero interest on Mesa Boogie guitar amps, I'm really tempted to :troywax: for a perfect one instead of screwing around with cheap chinese particle board shit... "only" $57 a month for a proper high end amp that'll last a lifetime. $2050 vs the $130 I'm spending on the :scrooge: special. :disgust:
:doit: you can’t afford not to.

Real talk though, Mesa Boogie amps do sounds really fucking nice.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:nice:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

dubshow wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:49 am

Are you going to restore that one?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:53 am
dubshow wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:49 am

Are you going to restore that one?
Other than paint to keep from rusting away, probably not. Just keep it in running shape.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

If I need any gear I always look to Sweetwater first. I think I've got 36 months no apr on a couple of things. Last was my Darkglass amp, and then on the Line6 Helix LT. I don't really go for cheap gear anymore because I always need high power and volume. I never know what I'm dealing with at different venues so I try to make it to where I never have to rely on the house PA and monitors for anything.
Being able to just charge anything and make cheap payments with no financial penalty is a huge plus. Plus free shipping, plus a return policy for credit on gear if I really don't like something. AND THEY SEND YOU FREE CANDY TROY!

The only thing I don't like about Sweetwater is their fretless selection. I've been looking for a decent 5 string fretless for a while but they've only got a few options. And I'm not spending $2K on a damn Bongo fretless. I'll spend $300-500.
troyguitar

Yeah I remember the candy, they really do have great service and somehow don't have prices any higher than other retailers. I bought a Godin guitar (Canadian brand) from them back in 2012-ish and liked it. Since I'm not playing live anytime in the foreseeable future it's hard to really justify buying much. I'm also leaving for France tomorrow so I don't think I'll be ordering anything this week.

I'm going to rock the :scrooge: Fender until I get to a more stable living situation and hopefully start playing with bands again, then re-assess gear. I am also trying to get more into jazz/rock/blues/pop type stuff instead of metal, which means less need for big amps. My metal "band" is only a recording project now, it's all recorded DI with software for the guitar/bass tones.