MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:16 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:12 am
It's really entirely about confidence.
It goes a long way too. People notice it... I’ve talked to our CEO and other C-suite executives as part of my job but super casually and they always remember the people that aren’t shitting bricks to talk to them.

However, I would shit bricks if I had to report directly to them :lol:
Like when the porsche dealer called out that you drive a GTI, that was gold
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:37 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:16 am
It goes a long way too. People notice it... I’ve talked to our CEO and other C-suite executives as part of my job but super casually and they always remember the people that aren’t shitting bricks to talk to them.

However, I would shit bricks if I had to report directly to them :lol:
I totally shit on that guy. Douchebag sales manager working at porsche but driving an s63 sedan and an Aston db9 lol
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:53 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:37 pm

I totally shit on that guy. Douchebag sales manager working at porsche but driving an s63 sedan and an Aston db9 lol
People that need the car to tell them what their self worth is are :(
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:09 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:53 pm
People that need the car to tell them what their self worth is are :(
An object should not be something to show their self worth, imo. If I get a girl that wants me AFTER noticing that I drive an expensive car or whatever it is maybe, I might be concerned in that aspect. One of my cousins younger brother in Turkey, his wife filed for a divorce because his company went bankrupt, that was eye opening for me.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

2 year post-op Check up today

Mouth, neck and chest Cancer Free

:fuckyeah:

Whollee Fuck 2 years blew the fuck by..... though that first 6 months sucked big time....
Last edited by Irish on Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Irish wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:43 pm 2 year post-op Check up today

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Whollee Fuck 2 years blew the fuck by..... though that first 6 months sucked big time....
:fuckyeah: news :mahman:
So happy to hear it!!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Also, this thread is a solid one to bring back from the dead!
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:46 pm

wap wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:07 pm
:fuckyeah: news :mahman:
So happy to hear it!!
D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:03 pm :fuckyeah:

Also, this thread is a solid one to bring back from the dead!
Thanks fellahs!
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Here's some awesome for ya.
Ready your bodies, ready your airboats. Custom car parts are coming soon bruh.
First I gotta make my tool holder, and tweak my settings after burning thru this calibration kitty.

And then prepare yourself for custom shit like custom dash customizing for off the shelf dash accessories inside of custom awesomeness.
Apex

Acid666 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:04 pm Here's some awesome for ya.
First I gotta make my tool holder, and tweak my settings after burning thru this calibration kitty.

And then prepare yourself for custom shit like custom dash customizing for off the shelf dash accessories inside of custom awesomeness.
But does it let you run 3 Honda Civics with Spoon engines and a MoTeC system exhaust?
Acid666

Apex wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:13 pm But does it let you run 3 Honda Civics with Spoon engines and a MoTeC system exhaust?

Yes. And after all that, I will 3d print you some custom DVD players for you to heist out of an 18 wheeler.
Apex

Acid666 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:46 pm
Apex wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:13 pm But does it let you run 3 Honda Civics with Spoon engines and a MoTeC system exhaust?

Yes. And after all that, I will 3d print you some custom DVD players for you to heist out of an 18 wheeler.

Looks like a really fun tool!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Acid666 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:04 pm Here's some awesome for ya.

Miata forum bros are going to be :jizz: to the digi-dash conversion kit. You should sell these bishes. So much :fuckyeah: , you can 3D print yourself some custom valve caps :lolol:
Acid666

Tarspin wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:32 pm
Miata forum bros are going to be :jizz: to the digi-dash conversion kit. You should sell these bishes. So much :fuckyeah: , you can 3D print yourself some custom valve caps :lolol:
Well the hope is to get a little side hustle going with car parts. There's a ton of people making all sorts of things and basically giving away the files making it all open source. So making side cash might be a bit of a struggle unless you turn key the parts yourself and just sell the end result.
Currently I'm trying to dial in the printer to get it consistent and trying to learn how to calibrate it. I moved it to another spot in my house and I think the drafts of air from the AC are affecting it. I made this tool holder and noticed some first layer warping as the print progressed. So I learned that I need to slow down my first layer, possibly disable the fan to make sure it stays hot and doesn't retract. Also messing with nozzle and base plate temps. There's a ton of trial and error here that's a wonky balance. But I'm slowly making my way to figuring it all out.
Yesterday it bricked on me and I had to reboot it with different firmware until I could get it back running. But I'm documenting it all down so I can remember how to fix dumb shit as it pops up.

This thing holds all of the tools that it came with. Slides into the extruded aluminum.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I had no idea it is that sensitive and temperamental. I saw one printing away at work, and the staff has surrounded it with plexiglass. I assumed it was more of a work/safety precaution. Maybe it could help reduce air-flow? A trial using cardboard should be :thisisfine:

Good for you for making the effort with it. You're a smart dude, it's :impressive: to see what you widdle out of nothing. :megusta:
Acid666

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:44 pm I had no idea it is that sensitive and temperamental. I saw one printing away at work, and the staff has surrounded it with plexiglass. I assumed it was more of a work/safety precaution. Maybe it could help reduce air-flow? A trial using cardboard should be :thisisfine:

Good for you for making the effort with it. You're a smart dude, it's :impressive: to see what you widdle out of nothing. :megusta:
The plexi around it is likely for stability with the environment. An Ac vent cooling and then turning off and then back on can affect it. The amazing thing I found when I started researching getting one was that people make tons of their own custom mods for them. Things like fan ducts that point the flow to a different direction to quiet them down, custom enclosures to mount a raspberry pi, cable protectors to isolate the wiring and tidy it up.
All that shit is crazy simple and all free. Next I'll likely use a guy's plans with corner pieces that you make and then you can build your own plexi container around it.

Once I figure out how to tweak it, I'll start designing my own shit from scratch and doing my own models. I'll probably try to get the full boat motor I designed printed so I can have something interesting to test with.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Had a market adjustment raise today, but nets me almost 15% more base out of the blue, which is significant. I had brought it up prior, market has outpaced my salary in recent years despite pretty healthy merit bumps. Being in a weird niche technical role has paid off.
Apex

rockchops wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:48 pm Had a market adjustment raise today, but nets me almost 15% more base out of the blue, which is significant. I had brought it up prior, market has outpaced my salary in recent years despite pretty healthy merit bumps. Being in a weird niche technical role has paid off.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

rockchops wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:48 pm Had a market adjustment raise today, but nets me almost 15% more base out of the blue, which is significant. I had brought it up prior, market has outpaced my salary in recent years despite pretty healthy merit bumps. Being in a weird niche technical role has paid off.
:nice:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

My company does $0 raises. Not merit, nothing. It's pretty incredible, don't take it for granted like I used to!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Acid666

Damn son that's a pretty hearty bump start to the wallet. I can't wait till we finally get reinstated to our usual pay and I can get away from this damn 20% pay cut from the 'Vid situation
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:47 am
Damn son that's a pretty hearty bump start to the wallet. I can't wait till we finally get reinstated to our usual pay and I can get away from this damn 20% pay cut from the 'Vid situation
Dang, you're still on a 20% cut from the vid? I thought those were gone by now!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Acid666

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:37 am
Acid666 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:47 am

Oilfield takes a while to trickle back up. It's like when the price of oil takes a hit, you'll see it in waves in the roots of the industry. We're starting to get slammed, have a full office of people we had to bring in to take on the work that we got awarded, but have to make sure it's stable enough to keep money in the company in case it takes another slump downwards.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:44 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:37 am
Oilfield takes a while to trickle back up. It's like when the price of oil takes a hit, you'll see it in waves in the roots of the industry. We're starting to get slammed, have a full office of people we had to bring in to take on the work that we got awarded, but have to make sure it's stable enough to keep money in the company in case it takes another slump downwards.
AH, crap. For some reason I thought you managed to be in an industry other than oil down there, though I guess oil pretty much drives all industry down there.

Oil prices are roaring back, hopefully you'll get back to more normal soon.