How life was awesome today: the :fuckyeah: thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I drove half way to my beach house rental place for work, got done and kept going tonight to setup for renters this long weekend! At the local tavern for a steak and salad. I've got a few linens to strip and see what's up with the garbage bins, beside that just stay out of trouble lol

I love it up here!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:33 pm Weather is nearly 70 and sunny today. Drove the :poorvette: so top is coming off on the way home for the first time this season.

:fuckyeah: :burnout:
:fuckyeah:
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: C5 Z06

Had an interview today with a media company. Didn't seem like it was going to well while I was there. But they called me back later today and offered me a job! :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: Glad to be getting out of the car business and even more glad to be getting weekends off again! Wooo! :thanksobama: :thankstrump:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Purpc5z wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:31 am Had an interview today with a media company. Didn't seem like it was going to well while I was there. But they called me back later today and offered me a job! :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: Glad to be getting out of the car business and even more glad to be getting weekends off again! Wooo! :thanksobama: :thankstrump:
:fuckyeah: Purp!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Purpc5z wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:31 am Had an interview today with a media company. Didn't seem like it was going to well while I was there. But they called me back later today and offered me a job! :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: Glad to be getting out of the car business and even more glad to be getting weekends off again! Wooo! :thanksobama: :thankstrump:

Congrats dude! That's awesome news. New jobs are always an exciting feeling.

What line of work will you be doing at the media company?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:59 am
:fuckyeah: Purp!
:dat:
:fuckyeah: Grats!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:40 pm I drove half way to my beach house rental place for work, got done and kept going tonight to setup for renters this long weekend! At the local tavern for a steak and salad. I've got a few linens to strip and see what's up with the garbage bins, beside that just stay out of trouble lol

I love it up here!

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:28 am
Tarspin wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:40 pm I drove half way to my beach house rental place for work, got done and kept going tonight to setup for renters this long weekend! At the local tavern for a steak and salad. I've got a few linens to strip and see what's up with the garbage bins, beside that just stay out of trouble lol

I love it up here!

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Haha! :dat:

Been on a low carb diet, something like keto but not achieving the 75% fat consumption required, its probably 50%. Feels good man, I'm down in weight, 225lbs -> 205lbs this morning. I've been on it for a couple of months and feel like its the right diet plan. Targeting 185-190lbs.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Detroit wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:30 am Been over a month since a post in here :wtf: guise.

So today, I was going to drive the :poorvette: Walking out to the car, I look down and realize I grabbed truck keys for some reason. Truck parked next to :poorvette: , so instead of going back to switch keys, I just get in the truck.

5 minutes down the road, and I'm sitting a light and BAM...got rear ended. Look in the mirror, and it's a cute blonde girl who I could tell was flustered or something. So I pull off the road, she follows, and I get out. I had a tow ball on the truck that she hit, zero damage at all. I could tell she was starting to tear up, and I ask her if she's ok. She says she's having a rough morning and this was the last thing she needed. She was about to pull out her phone to call (police?), and I told her there's no damage and to not worry about it and hoped she had a better day. She sighed and smiled...could see the look of relief on her face. I told her to take a deep breath, relax, and know she hit the low point of her day early and it's only up from here. She chuckled and off we went.

If I had driven the :poorvette: I'd be replacing the bumper cover and whatnot, so what a great :fuckyeah: that I grabbed truck keys for some reason this morning.

And another :fuckyeah: for hopefully turning someone's day around. Felt good giving someone a break that clearly needed it.
This is a prime example why I believe everything happens for a reason. But good thing you made her feel better about her incident especially when she's having a shitty day, but still could've been worse if it was the :poorvette: or another car.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

:nice:
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Thanks M8s! :wub: :wub:
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:00 am

Thank you!
I'll be doing ad/ event sales. The company has 4 monthly magazines as well as events they host every month. Prospecting, cold calling, and all that fun stuff. Most of the office was purple. Everyone there was dazzled by my purple :poorvette: lmaooo
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Purpc5z wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:00 am

Thank you!
I'll be doing ad/ event sales. The company has 4 monthly magazines as well as events they host every month. Prospecting, cold calling, and all that fun stuff. Most of the office was purple. Everyone there was dazzled by my purple :poorvette: lmaooo
It was meant to be!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:30 am Been over a month since a post in here :wtf: guise.

So today, I was going to drive the :poorvette: Walking out to the car, I look down and realize I grabbed truck keys for some reason. Truck parked next to :poorvette: , so instead of going back to switch keys, I just get in the truck.

5 minutes down the road, and I'm sitting a light and BAM...got rear ended. Look in the mirror, and it's a cute blonde girl who I could tell was flustered or something. So I pull off the road, she follows, and I get out. I had a tow ball on the truck that she hit, zero damage at all. I could tell she was starting to tear up, and I ask her if she's ok. She says she's having a rough morning and this was the last thing she needed. She was about to pull out her phone to call (police?), and I told her there's no damage and to not worry about it and hoped she had a better day. She sighed and smiled...could see the look of relief on her face. I told her to take a deep breath, relax, and know she hit the low point of her day early and it's only up from here. She chuckled and off we went.

If I had driven the :poorvette: I'd be replacing the bumper cover and whatnot, so what a great :fuckyeah: that I grabbed truck keys for some reason this morning.

And another :fuckyeah: for hopefully turning someone's day around. Felt good giving someone a break that clearly needed it.
+2 kahrma
brain go brrrrrr
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

wap wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:26 pm
Purpc5z wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:04 pm

Thank you!
It was meant to be!
Seems so !
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Wife and I finally :dock: . First time since the surgery...... :fuckyeah:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Irish wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:05 pm Wife and I finally :dock: . First time since the surgery...... :fuckyeah:
Congrats.

Did you have to use this to clean up afterwards?

:hue:
Irish

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:45 pm
Irish wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:05 pm Wife and I finally :dock: . First time since the surgery...... :fuckyeah:
Congrats.

:lolgasm: :yesth:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Congrats.

We spent the weekend at the beach up here and I was impressed by the restraint people had for towel/blanket size. I felt self conscious about the size of mine and folded it in half.

I'm used to that though :hubba:
Irish

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:28 am

Congrats.

We spent the weekend at the beach up here and I was impressed by the restraint people had for towel/blanket size. I felt self conscious about the size of mine and folded it in half.

I'm used to that though :hubba:
:iswydt:

I no longer go to beaches where towel size would be a concern. That's why we like OBX so much, uncrowded beaches.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Purpc5z wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:47 pm Thanks M8s! :wub: :wub:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Reality:

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Melon wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:57 pm

Reality:

That needs a Brazzers logo on it. oof.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

The settle up for sail of old house arrived in email. Closing in 7 days. Dont have to make the last payment. :fuckyeah: , interest saved.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Melon wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:57 pm

Reality:

:lolgasm:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.