D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote:
Detroit wrote:Image

My DD Shinola.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I love this watch. CF, orange. It's right up my alley.
Yeah that's dope. I'm not really about expensive watches, but I'd probably Shinola if I was.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

So far my MVMT (movement) watch turns out to be way more reliable than my nixon watch that costs double the price, after having it for 17 months. Don’t need a new battery. Only problem was the date indicator doesn’t work, but not a big deal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote:Because Apple Watch, I don’t nerd out over timepieces anymore :sad:
:millennial:

Do you enjoy extra access to notifications and whatnot? I kinda want to stay a little less plugged in, already addicted to the iTrude.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:It arrived.

Attention to detail is excellent. The quick release toggles on the straps are also genius.

Size wise, it may be a bit big on my wrist but I’ve gotta break the straps in a bit and wear it a bit.

Love the design though.

5/7 design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:08 pm
Apex wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:52 pm

How much :troywax: did this set you back? I like it a lot.
Massdrop had a drop - $109 + S&H.

Normally they’re $160ish.
That’s :notbad: at all.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:28 pm
razr390 wrote:Because Apple Watch, I don’t nerd out over timepieces anymore :sad:
:millennial:

Do you enjoy extra access to notifications and whatnot? I kinda want to stay a little less plugged in, already addicted to the iTrude.
I like to see the positive side of the Apple Watch in which if you want to stay off your phone more, having the notification on your wrist to determine whether pulling out the iTrude is mandated,
Or if you can continue onwards. I only use the Apple Watch for timekeeping, work outs, and notifications. Using it more than that would be :fullretard:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

My daily for $60. :wub: Image
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:17 am My daily for $60. :wub: Image
can't go wrong
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:17 am My daily for $60. :wub: Image
can't go wrong
I like its subtle color scheme and low price. ZFG if it gets scratched. And so far its been exposed to welding, pools and the ocean.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Probably going to get an entry level :waxer: watch next month. My buddies are telling me to go Omega Sea Masters as that's what they have. They're awesome but well outside my price range.

I've been deep down the watch rabbit hole this last week or so trying to learn. I've only had a Seiko and a Citizen which are the basic department store types.

Does anyone have experience with Luminox? This seems like their only entry into the higher tier watch but I'm not sure on the Sellita SW220 movement. Is it a quality piece?

https://www.luminox.com/watch-collectio ... -6502.html

I'd also be looking at a Tag Aquaracer but I'd likely go for a used one with the automatic Calibre 5 movement. I'll definitely be making the trek out to Tourneau next month to check their selection of new and used.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:00 pm Probably going to get an entry level :waxer: watch next month. My buddies are telling me to go Omega Sea Masters as that's what they have. They're awesome but well outside my price range.

I've been deep down the watch rabbit hole this last week or so trying to learn. I've only had a Seiko and a Citizen which are the basic department store types.

Does anyone have experience with Luminox? This seems like their only entry into the higher tier watch but I'm not sure on the Sellita SW220 movement. Is it a quality piece?

I'd also be looking at a Tag Aquaracer but I'd likely go for a used one with the automatic Calibre 5 movement. I'll definitely be making the trek out to Tourneau next month to check their selection of new and used.
https://www.longislandwatch.com/Seiko_S ... p309k1.htm

Not to curb your elitism but the Seiko OM is a serious piece of stainless steel that draws a lot of compliments. Heavy, tough watch. And light on the wallet.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:00 pm Probably going to get an entry level :waxer: watch next month. My buddies are telling me to go Omega Sea Masters as that's what they have. They're awesome but well outside my price range.

Also if you want a nice diver's watch with a Swiss movement, built like a brick shithouse, helium escape valve and all that jazz consider a used Kemmner Octopus.

https://www.mywatchmart.com/listing/339 ... -for-real/

Lotta, lotta money left over from your Omega and very unique
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:06 pm

Also if you want a nice diver's watch with a Swiss movement, built like a brick shithouse, helium escape valve and all that jazz consider a used Kemmner Octopus.

https://www.mywatchmart.com/listing/339 ... -for-real/

Lotta, lotta money left over from your Omega and very unique
That’s a gorgeous watch.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:00 pm

https://www.longislandwatch.com/Seiko_S ... p309k1.htm

Not to curb your elitism but the Seiko OM is a serious piece of stainless steel that draws a lot of compliments. Heavy, tough watch. And light on the wallet.
Didn't mean to sound elitist but what I've got just isn't really anything special I guess? My Seiko doesn't really work anymore and the Citizen is nice but I do want the swiss movement.

I said I wasn't getting an Omega doe. Way too :waxer:

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Was going thru old posts and caught my post when i got my movement watch. Almost 2 year update, still works well for showing time, never needed to change battery (unlike my previous nixon), but can’t get the date backwards, but :aintcare:

Also recently got a komono watch from a friend, battery nuked shortly after I got it, luckily I was in Turkey at the time, so got the new battery equivalent for $3 bucks