How life sucked donkey balls today: the :eeyore : thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

maxtdi wrote:
fledonfoot wrote:

Basic story is a 6'8" 280lb meathead brought in 2008 a Cadillac CTS for an oil change. With no history of us ever working on the car or having any kind of relationship with the guy ever before.

To a Toyota :dillerman: no less.

Car has aftermarket alarm, several accessories and 20" :ramz: amongst a bunch of other shit. We pull the car in, drain the oil, find out we don't have the right filter in stock for the car and send a parts guy up the street to the local GM :dillerman: to get a filter. I go out to the guy, let him know it'll be a few extra minutes while we run up to get the filter and he starts with the obviously over-dramatic incredulous behavior. I try to calm him down, and crack a joke about how many Caddy's we work on every day as a Toyota service department, and head back to my desk.

20 minutes later we've got oil back in the car and I start closing out the paperwork. Didn't even bother with any upsells because it's an off market car for us and not really something I want to get involved in trying to make money on, given his attitude and only 30 minutes before I'm supposed to leave for the day. Car generally had OK brakes and tires and no visible safety issues.

Car doesn't start.

It's either got a weird alarm issue or a fuel pump issue at startup. We spend a good 20 minutes with the car trying to get it started, and strike out with all the quick tricks. I go out to the guy, ask him if there's a trick I need to know about with his aftermarket equipment and he stands up and comes towards me asking what I'm talking about and starting with the whole meathead dominating persona schtick. I immediately turn around, head back to the shop and we spend a few more minutes before we're able to get it started by dumping tons of 2+2 into the intake while we crank it.

It's a fuel issue.

I go back around to get the customer, let him know it looks like his issue is fuel related. He reaches out for me to grab me by the shoulder and shove me into the corner of the room and start with the intimidation shit. I dodge, but end up backing myself against a wall. Not very comfortable with the situation. He starts with the meathead schtick again starts screaming that I'm trying to scam him and that "I don't take that shit from anybody and you're going to regret fucking with me".

My anxiety is on full bore and i'm starting to have a panic attack. I ask him to back up so we can figure this out. He's still screaming about things. I tell him he needs to back up or I'm going to call the cops and pull out my phone. Thankfully some random customer said something to him to distract him and I was able to slip away. I made the call, a service manager came over and they basically had a screaming match for another few minutes.

I just wanted to :nope: out of the situation. I just wanted him out of there, for me to go home and have a few beers and just get on with things. He was asked to leave and not come back.
Wow how random .... dafuq ?! Who brings a caddy to a yoder?! Wow
given his behavior he probably knew something was wrong with the car so he wanted to maybe see if he could get anything out of making a big deal about it? :iono:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
fledonfoot wrote:

Basic story is a 6'8" 280lb meathead brought in 2008 a Cadillac CTS for an oil change. With no history of us ever working on the car or having any kind of relationship with the guy ever before.

To a Toyota :dillerman: no less.

Car has aftermarket alarm, several accessories and 20" :ramz: amongst a bunch of other shit. We pull the car in, drain the oil, find out we don't have the right filter in stock for the car and send a parts guy up the street to the local GM :dillerman: to get a filter. I go out to the guy, let him know it'll be a few extra minutes while we run up to get the filter and he starts with the obviously over-dramatic incredulous behavior. I try to calm him down, and crack a joke about how many Caddy's we work on every day as a Toyota service department, and head back to my desk.

20 minutes later we've got oil back in the car and I start closing out the paperwork. Didn't even bother with any upsells because it's an off market car for us and not really something I want to get involved in trying to make money on, given his attitude and only 30 minutes before I'm supposed to leave for the day. Car generally had OK brakes and tires and no visible safety issues.

Car doesn't start.

It's either got a weird alarm issue or a fuel pump issue at startup. We spend a good 20 minutes with the car trying to get it started, and strike out with all the quick tricks. I go out to the guy, ask him if there's a trick I need to know about with his aftermarket equipment and he stands up and comes towards me asking what I'm talking about and starting with the whole meathead dominating persona schtick. I immediately turn around, head back to the shop and we spend a few more minutes before we're able to get it started by dumping tons of 2+2 into the intake while we crank it.

It's a fuel issue.

I go back around to get the customer, let him know it looks like his issue is fuel related. He reaches out for me to grab me by the shoulder and shove me into the corner of the room and start with the intimidation shit. I dodge, but end up backing myself against a wall. Not very comfortable with the situation. He starts with the meathead schtick again starts screaming that I'm trying to scam him and that "I don't take that shit from anybody and you're going to regret fucking with me".

My anxiety is on full bore and i'm starting to have a panic attack. I ask him to back up so we can figure this out. He's still screaming about things. I tell him he needs to back up or I'm going to call the cops and pull out my phone. Thankfully some random customer said something to him to distract him and I was able to slip away. I made the call, a service manager came over and they basically had a screaming match for another few minutes.

I just wanted to :nope: out of the situation. I just wanted him out of there, for me to go home and have a few beers and just get on with things. He was asked to leave and not come back.
ok

1. Fuck that guy. people like that need to be shot.
2. I dont think you had a legit panic attack. That was a fight or flight response to a legit threat, which is what we call a panic attack when it happens for a non legit reason, like forgetting your wallet at home. Sounds like you are doing great and just take it in stride bud

3. What is 2+2?

Apex wrote:At around 4:30AM we had to put our Ridgeback, Themba, down to sleep.

I miss my buddy. He will always have paw prints on my heart.

Sorry many, losing a pet is never easy.
:dat: :therapist:
:therapist:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:sad:

It's never easy losing a pet. My gf was hysterical when her cat passed. But I told her that without her the cat might not have lived such a great life. It's true, you know?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Big Brain Bradley wrote:

3. What is 2+2?
Carb cleaner/Gum Cutter
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

:(
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

razr390 wrote:
maxtdi wrote:
given his behavior he probably knew something was wrong with the car so he wanted to maybe see if he could get anything out of making a big deal about it? :iono:
thats prob exactly why he bring a GM to a 'yoda :dillerman:
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

razr390 wrote:
maxtdi wrote:
:dat:
Didn't start easy for him, thought he'd bring it to Toyota who would have zero idea WTF is going on and he'd get his problem fixed for free saying the :dillerman: fucked it up.

To hell with that asshole.

Fled you assessed the situation and made the right moves.
Johnny_P

I'm sorry Apex. Man, you've had it rough the last few days. Hang in there dude!!!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

OH NO!! :sad:

So sorry man. I know how hard that is. Ridge's are awesome :doge: s. :sad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Johnny_P wrote:
razr390 wrote:given his behavior he probably knew something was wrong with the car so he wanted to maybe see if he could get anything out of making a big deal about it? :iono:
:dat:
Didn't start easy for him, thought he'd bring it to Toyota who would have zero idea WTF is going on and he'd get his problem fixed for free saying the :dillerman: fucked it up.

To hell with that asshole.

Fled you assessed the situation and made the right moves.
That's exactly what I thought. He tried to set Fled up and scam a free fix. Jagoff.
wap

'Pex, was you doggy sick, old, or did he get hurt?
wap

'Pex, was you doggy sick, old, or did he get hurt?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

My gf is in urgent care at the moment....likely a broken foot from slipping on a wet garage floor last night. Timing on this could be better.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Desertbreh wrote:My gf is in urgent care at the moment....likely a broken foot from slipping on a wet garage floor last night. Timing on this could be better.
2016 keeps delivering
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote:My gf is in urgent care at the moment....likely a broken foot from slipping on a wet garage floor last night. Timing on this could be better.
Someone's getting a new anti-slip garage floor coating...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Someone's getting a new anti-slip garage floor coating...
For the 5 days a year it rains. 5/7 idea though.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:sad:
wap

Fuck.

Sorry man. But bright side. She didn't hit her head or wrench her back. :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: Someone's getting a new anti-slip garage floor coating...
Yea, but water can come from anywhere (hose, wet car, etc). It sucks that she got hurt, doe.

My dad had this coating done with grit in it for the garagemahal. Same stuff they put in dealer service areas. I've walked in motor oil and not slipped. It's 5/7 recommended.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote:
Fuck.

For sure. Like I said, the timing sucks, but by and large I'm this motherfucker right here.... :aintcare: I just need to remind myself of that and handle shit. Looks to be a solo Christmas dinner effort, lol.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:
Yea, but water can come from anywhere (hose, wet car, etc). It sucks that she got hurt, doe.

My dad had this coating done with grit in it for the garagemahal. Same stuff they put in dealer service areas. I've walked in motor oil and not slipped. It's 5/7 recommended.
I will take a look at it for sure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote:
wap wrote: Fuck.

For sure. Like I said, the timing sucks, but by and large I'm this motherfucker right here.... :aintcare: I just need to remind myself of that and handle shit. Looks to be a solo Christmas dinner effort, lol.
Looks like Chinese for Christmas!
Johnny_P

Dang dude. Sorry to hear that.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote:'Pex, was you doggy sick, old, or did he get hurt?
There was nothing wrong with him when we went to bed as far as we knew; he would have been 7 in February (his birthday is exactly 2 weeks before mine).

There was a large fluid/blood filled sack surrounding his heart, slowly crushing it. We couldn't let him suffer in pain so we put him down with all of us (me, gf, and our Boston). He passed with his head in my arms.
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

Apex wrote:
wap wrote:'Pex, was you doggy sick, old, or did he get hurt?
There was nothing wrong with him when we went to bed as far as we knew; he would have been 7 in February (his birthday is exactly 2 weeks before mine).

There was a large fluid/blood filled sack surrounding his heart, slowly crushing it. We couldn't let him suffer in pain so we put him down with all of us (me, gf, and our Boston). He passed with his head in my arms.
Dang man. Sorry to hear that.

Currently on FAPatalk
*reserved for no content*