How life sucked donkey balls today: the :eeyore : thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:30 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:46 am @Max sorry to hear it man, that is frustrating, particularly when you have the skills required and put in work prepping for the interviews. Other things certainly will come your way but each application/interview is a big time suck and :rage: when it turns out to be a time waste.

I’m starting to get rather :disgust: with my lack of commission of late. Growth goal in June against June ‘21 was 49 fucking percent… so I hit 40% growth and yet still get almost zero commission for that.
Yea I think the targets for everyone were set based on Unobtanium goals this year. No one will bonus... mark my words. Or it'll be a fraction. So you're not alone and the grass is not going to be greener else where. Now is the time to hunker down.
New spark plugs in the old Toyota and go!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:46 am @Max sorry to hear it man, that is frustrating, particularly when you have the skills required and put in work prepping for the interviews. Other things certainly will come your way but each application/interview is a big time suck and :rage: when it turns out to be a time waste.

I’m starting to get rather :disgust: with my lack of commission of late. Growth goal in June against June ‘21 was 49 fucking percent… so I hit 40% growth and yet still get almost zero commission for that.
Yea I think the targets for everyone were set based on Unobtanium goals this year. No one will bonus... mark my words. Or it'll be a fraction. So you're not alone and the grass is not going to be greener else where. Now is the time to hunker down.
Yep, at least I got a 25% base pay bump when I got promoted at the beginning of this year. I've still made less than I had at this point in '21 :doe: :ohwell:

I'm glad I have a dece rapport at this company and four years under my belt, I think I'd be pretty far up on the chopping block list if it comes to that.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:29 pm
Tar wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:42 pm

Aw dang, that sucks. These dodo birds don't know what they're throwing away, your experience in HW would be perfect for the role they are filling.

If and when you're inclined, I'd love to know what kind of scenarios they painted and how you responded. As hairbrained as it may seem,maybe they have a very skewed priority list and your logical approach to problem solving doesn't cater to some woke-ism or some shit.

Hope things work out for the best, looking at it from outside in, I'd say that you're doing awesome for yourself and are easy ahead of everyone I know your age. Financial success is a lifelong process for most of us and takes sacrifice, so don't rush it.
Some of the scenarios involved overzealous engineers, and bridging that gap with the ops/go to market teams in order to achieve success. :wat:

The question was VAGUE AF by design, overzealous how? What does ops want etc? It left me with more questions than answers. Ironically i have done everything that was asked in the interview. It was just like a wackamole type interview where she shows me 10% of the problem and expects 90% of the solution. Sometimes more input is necessary to really understand what was being asked...

After it was done about a week ago I had my strong doubts already because I felt like the questions really didn't paint a good picture of the internal workings and showed a lot of turmoil and misalignment within the org.

That said I also know that they are burning through 10billion... yes billion annually. So perhaps this is for the best.
So the chips fell and left you with a secure job that pays dece, I like it!

The overzealous engineers should be fired.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:29 pm

Some of the scenarios involved overzealous engineers, and bridging that gap with the ops/go to market teams in order to achieve success. :wat:

The question was VAGUE AF by design, overzealous how? What does ops want etc? It left me with more questions than answers. Ironically i have done everything that was asked in the interview. It was just like a wackamole type interview where she shows me 10% of the problem and expects 90% of the solution. Sometimes more input is necessary to really understand what was being asked...

After it was done about a week ago I had my strong doubts already because I felt like the questions really didn't paint a good picture of the internal workings and showed a lot of turmoil and misalignment within the org.

That said I also know that they are burning through 10billion... yes billion annually. So perhaps this is for the best.

The overzealous engineers should be fired.
:lolol: probably :dat:

I'm :amazing: sometimes at how impossible it is to get shit canned from a corp though... Y'all may remember some drama I was a part of a month or two ago involving the guy who was hired to take over my previous role. I was basically blamed for his lack of performance even though I am not his manager and don't really work with him directly at all, I just trained him some. At the time it's like, just dump him if you think he sucks that much and isn't adding to the team. It's at-will. Instead they came in and made me all :pout: for no benefit.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The overzealous engineers should be killed and placed on pikes in Cupertino for the techbro world to see .
If only he knew for sure that the interview was going to be a bust he could have just gone full Pulp Fiction.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:53 pm

The overzealous engineers should be killed and placed on pikes in Cupertino for the techbro world to see .
If only he knew for sure that the interview was going to be a bust he could have just gone full Pulp Fiction.
Oh that would be epic!

"Um, we typically ball-gag our overzealous employees and drag them into the basement to be supervised by the resident gimp for a while before we all take turns plowing their anuses. Do you guys follow a similar process here?"
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:38 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:35 am

I still use my 8+ for my phone in Turkey, still works flawlessly. Iphone 15 at earliest, hopefully i won't ran out of memory by then :hue: since I have the 256 gb
The camera is now shit, but it's otherwise :thisisfine: I am pretty :aintcare: about new phones, particularly since I can just throw my work one in airplane mode on trips and stuff if I want a better camera.
My 8+ is still good, it has the same tech as the iphone x at the time camera wise, so it got portrait mode and bunch of other modes which is :neat: for it's time. I was just not ready for the buttonless home button. I still use it to take pics on the occasion. My previous 6 I used to have on the other hand the camera has gotten a little hazy.

Also what phone is your work phone? My uncle works for Global sales organization for Marriott for Turkey, his work gave him an iphone 12 pro, which is a huge deal in Turkey cause most people still use iphone 6's to this day since our currency and economy is dogshit. He uses his work phone as his personal phone cause he's :scrooge: except for cars, now has a first gen q7 3.0 tdi with 300k kms and an e63 BMW M6 v10.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

We are getting a 3.5% mid-year, at least a 3.5 end of year if not more. Our org is smaller and more fiscally conservative as far as financial/credit union goes.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:38 am

The camera is now shit, but it's otherwise :thisisfine: I am pretty :aintcare: about new phones, particularly since I can just throw my work one in airplane mode on trips and stuff if I want a better camera.
My 8+ is still good, it has the same tech as the iphone x at the time camera wise, so it got portrait mode and bunch of other modes which is :neat: for it's time. I was just not ready for the buttonless home button. I still use it to take pics on the occasion. My previous 6 I used to have on the other hand the camera has gotten a little hazy.

Also what phone is your work phone? My uncle works for Global sales organization for Marriott for Turkey, his work gave him an iphone 12 pro, which is a huge deal in Turkey cause most people still use iphone 6's to this day since our currency and economy is dogshit. He uses his work phone as his personal phone cause he's :scrooge: except for cars, now has a first gen q7 3.0 tdi with 300k kms and an e63 BMW M6 v10.
The work one is an iPhone 12 mini, it’s pretty nice honestly, although I prefer the home button style. The face recognition for unlocking is a pain in the ass. Outside of that it’s great though, the cameras are nice and it has the wide angle which I enjoy.

I could :scrooge: and use the work one as well but I am willing to pay $45/month for some separation.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Our go-to bar got rid of the pool table and became generic arcade style bar #93 for the city.

:rage:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:04 am Our go-to bar got rid of the pool table and became generic arcade style bar #93 for the city.

:rage:
:disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Check the OT, :tits: got covid after our trip, I may potentially have it, will test it again first thing in the morning. I have a dry throat, dry as death valley.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:28 pm Check the OT, :tits: got covid after our trip, I may potentially have it, will test it again first thing in the morning. I have a dry throat, dry as death valley.
:impressive:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:28 pm Check the OT, :tits: got covid after our trip, I may potentially have it, will test it again first thing in the morning. I have a dry throat, dry as death valley.
Dang. Good luck, :mahman:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:yikes:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I thought you already tested positive. If tits has it and you have symptoms it’s pretty much a for certain that you do. Isolate for a bit
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:39 pm
I thought you already tested positive. If tits has it and you have symptoms it’s pretty much a for certain that you do. Isolate for a bit
I was typing on my phone and i typed positive instead of negative for myself, but im positive now :sad:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:00 am
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:39 pm

I was typing on my phone and i typed positive instead of negative for myself, but im positive now :sad:
You’ll be just fine. Symptoms are milder than the flu for this go around. And maybe it’s a blessing in disguise. You’ll get to relax and do nothing after your trip. Instead of going straight back to work. And you’ll be immune for a bit.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:59 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:00 am

You’ll be just fine. Symptoms are milder than the flu for this go around. And maybe it’s a blessing in disguise. You’ll get to relax and do nothing after your trip. Instead of going straight back to work. And you’ll be immune for a bit.
I think it is a good sign from god, I was happy to be back at work now that we're under a new management and things are getting better.