The Relationship Thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote:
[user not found] wrote: I told my wife she should volunteer yesterday. Nope. Excuse city.
I'd love to bring up the "So you have time to protest, but don't have time to:

- Wash your own dishes from cooking meals for yourself during the day
- Fill the soap containers when they get empty
- Clean the stovetop when YOU get it dirty
- Fold your laundry in a timely manner
- Vacuum your car
- Help me with yardwork"

All the stupid little shit piles up.

:|
:(
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote:
[user not found] wrote: I told my wife she should volunteer yesterday. Nope. Excuse city.

- Vacuum your car
- Help me with yardwork"

that pent up BS is relationship poison.

Perhaps its time to set some chore expectations, for both of you.
brain go brrrrrr
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: All the E46 M3s

"Hey would you mind refilling the soap?"

Would that be effective?
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

:dat:

Wife and I did these things called Love Language Profiles. Totally cheesy but actually really insightful. We were trying to communicate and show our love in contradictory ways, now we understand how to show the other one love and it's really helped our marriage a ton. Takes like 20 minutes.
Woa, link?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

Oh we've tried that discussion. Never ends well.

For some reason I unofficially have tasks that are things that apparently only I am to do and she can't be bothered to ever do them. I don't get it.

Right now I'm seeing what she does when the soap dispenser in the bathroom just sits without soap. There's a full thing of soap in in the cabinet under the sink. This isn't fucking rocket science here.
Man, dont do that shit, it will just continue to eat at you. Do the thing :[user not found]: is talking about.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

lagunasecaballs wrote:"Hey would you mind refilling the soap?"

Would that be effective?

Communication is a two-way street. Wife :rage: with me if I leave a pan on the stove. Sorry, I was running late and couldn't clean it immediately after use. A simple "hey clean the pan" would work better than :rage:
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
[user not found] wrote:
Oh we've tried that discussion. Never ends well.

For some reason I unofficially have tasks that are things that apparently only I am to do and she can't be bothered to ever do them. I don't get it.

Right now I'm seeing what she does when the soap dispenser in the bathroom just sits without soap. There's a full thing of soap in in the cabinet under the sink. This isn't fucking rocket science here.
Man, dont do that shit, it will just continue to eat at you. Do the thing :[user not found]: is talking about.
:dat: sounds 5/7.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: Woa, link?
http://www.5lovelanguages.com/

We just did the tests, talked about it, and sent our profiles to each other so we can remind ourselves. We didn't buy the book or anything.

I read Jul's profile every couple months to keep me focused on it.
Will do this with Infamous.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:

- Vacuum your car
- Help me with yardwork"

Z, let's be honest about the one that really bothers you.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Would that be effective?
:amazing:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: Will do this with Infamous.
I seriously recommend it.

She got a 0 on receiving gifts while I had been buying her expensive and amazing stuff for years because I thought that's what she wanted. Nope, she was just acting surprised and thrilled because of the effort I put in, had no fucks given about the stuff.

Really cool insights like that.
This is super valuable info for a relationship, I think.

Granted Infamous is pretty vocal about what she wants/needs...I do suspect this will reveal more I wasn't aware of.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote:

Would that be effective?
Tried it. She forgets/doesn't notice/I don't fucking know what goes through her head.

If the soap dispenser is spitting bubbles, common sense should dicate that one refills it, no? :iono:
everyone has their things that annoy the fuck out you

A big one for me its leaving the door(s) open to the outside. The woman has some things she hates too, most of its NBD to me so i just do it, but we had a pretty serious fight one day about the doors. basically came down to ' i do a million little thing that annoy you and i try to change and not do them. You can close the fucking door because it annoys me'

I mean, can we afford the 20-50 bucks extra on the electric bill? sure. But sometimes thats not the point.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: Will do this with Infamous.
I seriously recommend it.

She got a 0 on receiving gifts while I had been buying her expensive and amazing stuff for years because I thought that's what she wanted. Nope, she was just acting surprised and thrilled because of the effort I put in, had no fucks given about the stuff.

Really cool insights like that.
So just toss a box of Junior Mints under the tree this year and call it good? :notbad: :themoreyouknow:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: :dat:

Communication is a two-way street. Wife :rage: with me if I leave a pan on the stove. Sorry, I was running late and couldn't clean it immediately after use. A simple "hey clean the pan" would work better than :rage:
Thing is, I do this. I make a small requests like "please clean your pan" or "please clean your dishes."

They end up getting put in the sink, they pile up, and eventually get in the way of me washing things, so I just end up washing them anyway at some point.

And then when it reaches that point I give her a sarcastic thanks for leaving the dishes in the sink.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:

- Vacuum your car
- Help me with yardwork"

Outside looking in.

Soap Container issue is infrequent enough that you can just do it.
Stovetop. Do you guys ever just "clean house?" There are people out there who don't feel the need to wipe the stovetop after every freaking use. Every few days maybe?
Need more info on the laundry. How does this negatively impact you?
Vaccum your car: Possibly OCD Zilbro issue?
Help with Yardwork: Such as? You do rent, yes?
Dishes in the Sink: Advantage Z. Every human has an obligation to clean their dishes after use, IMHO.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote:Dat Franklin doe.

I'm sure he was a fine fellah to have a brew with.
[user not found] wrote:

Would that be effective?
Tried it. She forgets/doesn't notice/I don't fucking know what goes through her head.

If the soap dispenser is spitting bubbles, common sense should dicate that one refills it, no? :iono:
Yeah man, I've been down that road. It ain't getting done, and you'll only get lead to frustration.
You have to accept that those tasks previously mentioned will be yours, or ask her to help.

Jessi is kind of like this, I have no idea why she is, to me she appears lazy, IDK.
So, she's a slob, but she makes up for it in many other ways, so it's a game of balance.
Anyone else would have been long gone because their personality sucked, her's doesn't she's just not a go-getter.

You got to vent those frustrations :doe:
Communication is key. Jessi and I always talk about the things that piss each other off.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote:
Detroit wrote:Dat Franklin doe.

I'm sure he was a fine fellah to have a brew with.
[user not found] wrote:

Yeah man, I've been down that road. It ain't getting done, and you'll only get lead to frustration.
You have to accept that those tasks previously mentioned will be yours, or ask her to help.

Jessi is kind of like this, I have no idea why she is, to me she appears lazy, IDK.
So, she's a slob, but she makes up for it in many other ways, so it's a game of balance.
Anyone else would have been long gone because their personality sucked, her's doesn't she's just not a go-getter.

You got to vent those frustrations :doe:
Communication is key. Jessi and I always talk about the things that piss each other off.
Yeah Z. People who are firing on all cylinders take the good and the bad and are in love with the balance.
While obvi none of my business other than concern for your well being, this is not the first time we've heard about this sort of stuff and focusing
on it is the road to perdition for any relationship. Ask me how I know, LOL.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Get this OT shit out of the politics thread, I'm fucking tired of it.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

troyguitar wrote:Get this OT shit out of the politics thread, I'm fucking tired of it.
Troy haz a point.

Fuck Trump.

[user not found] wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:
Yeah Z. People who are firing on all cylinders take the good and the bad and are in love with the balance.
While obvi none of my business other than concern for your well being, this is not the first time we've heard about this sort of stuff and focusing
on it is the road to perdition for any relationship. Ask me how I know, LOL.
Yeah, no shit.

I need a third party to disclose my frustrations at this point because me telling her has no influence.

I really have no interest in buying a house any longer thanks to all of this.

You got my # man.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:
Outside looking in.

Stovetop. Do you guys ever just "clean house?" There are people out there who don't feel the need to wipe the stovetop after every freaking use. Every few days maybe?
Dishes in the Sink: Advantage Z. Every human has an obligation to clean their dishes after use, IMHO.
Soap container is EVERY FUCKING TIME. She'll let it get down until it spits bubbles and then I don't know what she does. Maybe she just stops using the soap. I've tried asking. It just gets ignored.

Stovetop is a glass cooktop and needs to be cleaned after every use or it just gets baked into a crispy patina after a few heat cycles, and that's not easy to clean off. I've communicated this to her.

Laundry, she ends up with 2-3 baskets of clean unfolded laundry, or a dryer full of laundry - and then it's a challenge for me to do my own laundry. No, I'm not doing it for her. She doesn't like the way I fold clothes, so we agreed to do our own laundry.

Vacuum the car. Not really an OCD issue - but when I get in her car and it hasn't been vacuumed in 3 months and there's a cloud of dog hair swirling about, that's fucking disgusting. Take some pride in your shit!

Yardwork. So, you're saying that because we rent we shouldn't keep the yard tidy? Fuck off with that mentality. Sometimes it'd be nice to have a little help raking leaves, cleaning up the yard seasonally. I'm not asking her to mow the grass or anything, but sometimes some stuff is just easier with two people.

One of the reasons i added an extra 2' to the width of the house (and many $$) was so i could have a separate vanity from the wife. Separate toothpaste, soap, her shit cant leak over to my side, etc.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:
Outside looking in.

Soap container is EVERY FUCKING TIME. She'll let it get down until it spits bubbles and then I don't know what she does. Maybe she just stops using the soap. I've tried asking. It just gets ignored.

Stovetop is a glass cooktop and needs to be cleaned after every use or it just gets baked into a crispy patina after a few heat cycles, and that's not easy to clean off. I've communicated this to her.

Laundry, she ends up with 2-3 baskets of clean unfolded laundry, or a dryer full of laundry - and then it's a challenge for me to do my own laundry. No, I'm not doing it for her. She doesn't like the way I fold clothes, so we agreed to do our own laundry.

Vacuum the car. Not really an OCD issue - but when I get in her car and it hasn't been vacuumed in 3 months and there's a cloud of dog hair swirling about, that's fucking disgusting. Take some pride in your shit!

Yardwork. So, you're saying that because we rent we shouldn't keep the yard tidy? Fuck off with that mentality. Sometimes it'd be nice to have a little help raking leaves, cleaning up the yard seasonally. I'm not asking her to mow the grass or anything, but sometimes some stuff is just easier with two people.
Sounds like there is a global sense that she's not contributing. If I were you I would examine your discontent in all phases, do some soul searching about some things you could improve on as well so you're bringing something to the table, and have a sit down. Otherwise this will get unfixable and lead to splitsville or, even worse, prolonged misery. Every day that goes by that you don't deal with it is a lost day.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote:
Yeah, no shit.

I need a third party to disclose my frustrations at this point because me telling her has no influence.

I really have no interest in buying a house any longer thanks to all of this.
Yea, I had some of those feels to man:(

So far doe, shes been keeping house thumper clean. I know its only a week, but i have not tripped over shoes once.
troyguitar wrote:Get this OT shit out of the politics thread, I'm fucking tired of it.
you're a towel

:trollface:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote:As it's popping into political threads, this could be useful.

I suggest everyone does this with their significant other:
http://www.5lovelanguages.com/

Really interesting and helpful. Its cheesy but give it an open mind.
:disgust:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote:
[user not found] wrote:Relationship thread created in the mudroom.
And now I'll move this shit to that thread. :lolol:
:ban:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: :disgust:
I'm gonna disgust you right into a good marriage and threeways.
:notbad: :fuckyeah:
brain go brrrrrr