How were you a cuck today?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:01 am
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:10 pm

You're a better man than me Mario. Clothes washer was throwing a code "F21" which is some kind of interruptus in the discharge of water. Sears dude came out, charged me $175 to clean a filter, which had an interesting assortment of shit in it....couple of keys, bottle cap, etc. Not sure how they got there as they are a lot bigger than the holes in the washer. Felt like a bit of a dumbass as that is pretty easy button stuff. THEN, it kept throwing the code. Same dudebro came out and replaced the pump, which he had in his van. Another $400. Still cheaper than a $1200-$1500 front loader that would not match the dryer anyway. Thing lasted 12 years without incident, :notbad:. Anyway, I did none of this myself, paid others to do it which arguably makes me the CUCKMASTER GENERAL. CSB.
A true cuck would take the wife to Lowes and offer to procure a new matching set of her liking.
Fair point. My wife would be very :wtf: about turuning a $500 problem into a $3000 problem :doe: Nobody likes doing laundry that much.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

It was all pre scheduled months ago, the good news is it was mostly floating on the boat and in the water, sooo not horrible in the grand scheme of family visits.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

wap wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:25 am Wife's aunt and uncle left yesterday, realized that I've spent most of my month off so far visiting her friends and family. I'm not really mad about it, but I'm really over it. Start work in a week and a half and almost feel like I haven't had much me time. that makes me :|
:wtf: :disgust: :|

Part of the joy of being a loner with a smalllllllll small family. My wife has her dad and visits him a lot when he comes into the state and usually I let them be and hang out.
When you're not a lonely kind of person it's pretty nice to have nothing but me time the majority of the time. But that's just me. My mom was going out with all the covid and shit under the guise of "I'm just lonely, I miss having margaritas with mah frans".
Bitch please. You gonna get that shit and then I'm gonna have to plan your funeral and take over your finances. You can keep that shit. Stay your ass home woman. I ain't got time to be bothered by your negligence.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:35 pm

Part of the joy of being a loner with a smalllllllll small family. My wife has her dad and visits him a lot when he comes into the state and usually I let them be and hang out.
When you're not a lonely kind of person it's pretty nice to have nothing but me time the majority of the time. But that's just me. My mom was going out with all the covid and shit under the guise of "I'm just lonely, I miss having margaritas with mah frans".
Bitch please. You gonna get that shit and then I'm gonna have to plan your funeral and take over your finances. You can keep that shit. Stay your ass home woman. I ain't got time to be bothered by your negligence.
I find it interesting that the only two people in the entire state of Louisiana who feel that COVID-19 is some kind of legitimate public health issue are on our forum.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
wap wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:23 pm :wtf: :disgust: :|
Because we live in an Arctic frozen wasteland, the only acceptable month to visit us August, so it's just been non stop it seems. Oh well, at least it's out of the way for a while I guess.
No one ever visited us in NY, but I don't think it had to do with the weather. :foreveralone:

The real test will be over the winter in FL. Will we suddenly have "friends" then?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:34 pm It was all pre scheduled months ago, the good news is it was mostly floating on the boat and in the water, sooo not horrible in the grand scheme of family visits.
I sent my daughter as my ambassador of goodwill to my mother's for two weeks. She did online classes @ UCLA and bro'd out with Grandma and my sister/brother in law. I feel this completely satisfies my family obligations in the Midwest since they would rather see her than me anyway. :magic:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Because we live in an Arctic frozen wasteland, the only acceptable month to visit us August, so it's just been non stop it seems. Oh well, at least it's out of the way for a while I guess.
No one ever visited us in NY, but I don't think it had to do with the weather. :foreveralone:

The real test will be over the winter in FL. Will we suddenly have "friends" then?
Haven't you got that pretty much covered vis a vis house size? You can't sleep on a Steinway.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:34 pm It was all pre scheduled months ago, the good news is it was mostly floating on the boat and in the water, sooo not horrible in the grand scheme of family visits.
I sent my daughter as my ambassador of goodwill to my mother's for two weeks. She did online classes @ UCLA and bro'd out with Grandma and my sister/brother in law. I feel this completely satisfies my family obligations in the Midwest since they would rather see her than me anyway. :magic:
:winning:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:33 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:01 am

A true cuck would take the wife to Lowes and offer to procure a new matching set of her liking.
Fair point. My wife would be very :wtf: about turuning a $500 problem into a $3000 problem :doe: Nobody likes doing laundry that much.
We had to get :fancy: ones because they are in our kitchen and visible by everyone who visits our house. At least we got a homie hookup from an Electrolux employee. They are nice :doe:

This is a small price to pay for having a Troy sized house where no one can stay here :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Acid666 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:35 pm

:jelly:

I try to have the wife's family only be her thing, it works sometimes. Trouble is, she hates seeing them, so I usually get roped in to make her feel less bad the whole timie.

Her fam is a bunch of Trump humping, COVID non-believing, non-white person hating mothuh fuckahs. Fortunately we've gotten down to only seeing them quarterly or so at the most. They live about 1.25 hours from here in BFE, NC.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:44 pm No one ever visited us in NY, but I don't think it had to do with the weather. :foreveralone:

Haven't you got that pretty much covered vis a vis house size? You can't sleep on a Steinway.
People can visit, they just won't get free lodging. There's an airbnb about 30 feet from our house plus obviously hotels of every type along the beach.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:23 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
People can visit, they just won't get free lodging. There's an airbnb about 30 feet from our house plus obviously hotels of every type along the beach.
I feel like that is the ideal scenario for everyone. There are literally two exceptions in the universe to the rule that I would rather just stay at a hotel regardless of cost because just as you want your freedumbs, I don't want to see you 24/7 either. The two exceptions are a single guy with a 5000 square foot house in the midwest, and one guy in the Pay Area whose wife literally takes offense to me not staying with them.
Both situations involve a lot of onsite cooking and drinking during the evenings, so I'm ok with that.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:23 pm People can visit, they just won't get free lodging. There's an airbnb about 30 feet from our house plus obviously hotels of every type along the beach.
I feel like that is the ideal scenario for everyone. There are literally two exceptions in the universe to the rule that I would rather just stay at a hotel regardless of cost because just as you want your freedumbs, I don't want to see you 24/7 either. The two exceptions are a single guy with a 5000 square foot house in the midwest, and one guy in the Pay Area whose wife literally takes offense to me not staying with them.
Both situations involve a lot of onsite cooking and drinking during the evenings, so I'm ok with that.
:dat:

The main issue here is the fact that we have only one small bathroom. It's annoying enough to share with one person. More than one? :nope:

Maybe a younger single dude who's fine with crashing on the couch and takes 5 minutes in the shower, but we're getting well beyond the point of knowing any of those guys. Everyone's got wives and dogs and babies by now.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:29 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:23 pm People can visit, they just won't get free lodging. There's an airbnb about 30 feet from our house plus obviously hotels of every type along the beach.
Our house, while small, is duplicated downstairs, so guests have a bedroom and bathroom all to themselves all wrapped in a concrete shell. You can't tell anyone is down there when they are, it's pretty solid when everyone wants some downtime.

I think the wife wanted to :mindblown: her SoCal family with where we live since they assume everything between LA and NYC is just flat farm frozen wasteland. They were properly :mindblown: by it here. "it looks just like the ocean" or "I feel like I'm in the Bahamas", etc.

SoCal and Hawaii is still way better apparently, had to field countless mentions of "so when do you move back", but once word of my remote job HQd in NYC started flying, the assumption is we're moving to NYC. Nobody could possibly bear living in the middle of nowhere like we do for long, let's be real right?! Reality is, I never would've taken a job in NYC if it didn't let me live in the middle of nowhere. I look forward to visiting, NFW am I living there.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:11 am

Our house, while small, is duplicated downstairs, so guests have a bedroom and bathroom all to themselves all wrapped in a concrete shell. You can't tell anyone is down there when they are, it's pretty solid when everyone wants some downtime.

I think the wife wanted to :mindblown: her SoCal family with where we live since they assume everything between LA and NYC is just flat farm frozen wasteland. They were properly :mindblown: by it here. "it looks just like the ocean" or "I feel like I'm in the Bahamas", etc.

SoCal and Hawaii is still way better apparently, had to field countless mentions of "so when do you move back", but once word of my remote job HQd in NYC started flying, the assumption is we're moving to NYC. Nobody could possibly bear living in the middle of nowhere like we do for long, let's be real right?! Reality is, I never would've taken a job in NYC if it didn't let me live in the middle of nowhere. I look forward to visiting, NFW am I living there.
I would keep an apartment in Manhattan and spend December through May there.

ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:02 am

I would keep an apartment in Manhattan and spend December through May there.

Our house is cheap enough to enable that. If the job works out and I get promoted to stay for a while, I wouldn't rule it out.

But I've also never been there, so while I'm not ruling it out now, we'll see how I feel after being there for a week. I hate people, but it's my understanding that everyone hates each other in NYC anyway, so it could end up being my perfect city. I miss culture sometimes.
troyguitar

NYC is fucking awesome if you have at least $5k a month to blow on rent and actually experiencing the city. Ideally probably closer to double that. It's one of the best places in the world for rich people.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

In the desert many homes are built with a separate "house" in the backyard or a bedroom with a separate entrance known as a "casita." That's what you've got right cher. It is lovely when guests come.......it is detrimental in that it encourages their arrival.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:15 am NYC is fucking awesome if you have at least $5k a month to blow on rent and actually experiencing the city. Ideally probably closer to double that. It's one of the best places in the world for rich people.
Yup, thats why the 6th borough in NY is Boca Raton, FL, or even Florida for that matter. Although having only like what 4K in bank does not exactly mean you’re rich, you are just simply able to pay for a living there. I wouldn’t exactly call it something you could ‘’afford’’ when you’re essentially living paycheck to paycheck.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:15 am NYC is fucking awesome if you have at least $5k a month to blow on rent and actually experiencing the city. Ideally probably closer to double that. It's one of the best places in the world for rich people.
I'd need a promotion to give me a reason to do something like this, mostly because of this exactly. $5k/mo in rent is :fullretard: to me, but if I get paid for it, then :aintcare: would be fun for a while at least. I'm "rich" compared to most of the country, but in NYC, I'd barely be scraping by. Um, no.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:20 am

In the desert many homes are built with a separate "house" in the backyard or a bedroom with a separate entrance known as a "casita." That's what you've got right cher. It is lovely when guests come.......it is detrimental in that it encourages their arrival.
We have a Casita bunker. :notbad:

But we probably won't have visitors until next August, which is fine. Funny because I think September into October absolutely destroys August up here, but most of the wife's family are educators and want to travel without taking time off for obvious reasons. At least all they wanted to do was drink, take the boat out, and float in the water, which is all I really want to do so, :aintcare:

Aunt and uncle that visited this past weekend are the ones we bought the boat from, and they were properly :fuckyeah: to see it's new life and go out onto Lake MI in it.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:09 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:20 am

But we probably won't have visitors until next August, which is fine. Funny because I think September into October absolutely destroys August up here, but most of the wife's family are educators and want to travel without taking time off for obvious reasons. At least all they wanted to do was drink, take the boat out, and float in the water, which is all I really want to do so, :aintcare:

Aunt and uncle that visited this past weekend are the ones we bought the boat from, and they were properly :fuckyeah: to see it's new life and go out onto Lake MI in it.
Well they gave you a bro deal so you needed to take care of them.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:06 pm
I'd need a promotion to give me a reason to do something like this, mostly because of this exactly. $5k/mo in rent is :fullretard: to me, but if I get paid for it, then :aintcare: would be fun for a while at least. I'm "rich" compared to most of the country, but in NYC, I'd barely be scraping by. Um, no.
I'm counting both rent AND going out to restaurants/shows in that minimum, because if you're just sitting in your little apartment and only going out to get overpriced groceries that are a PITA to carry home on the subway then you shouldn't be in the city. There's a reason that you almost never see anyone cooking or eating at home (besides delivery/takeout) in any TV show set in the city.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:06 pm
I'm counting both rent AND going out to restaurants/shows in that minimum, because if you're just sitting in your little apartment and only going out to get overpriced groceries that are a PITA to carry home on the subway then you shouldn't be in the city. There's a reason that you almost never see anyone cooking or eating at home (besides delivery/takeout) in any TV show set in the city.
Oh, that's not terrible in that case. Not sustainable without more money, but would be fun for a while
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:09 pm

Well they gave you a bro deal so you needed to take care of them.
My thinking as well.