What school did you go to and what was your major?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:rolleyes:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Acid666 wrote:
D Griff wrote: I attended the University of Miami. I graduated high school in 2007, went straight to Miami and graduated four years later in 2011.

My degree is a BS in music engineering, minor in computer engineering. In high school I was in marching band, a rock band and was all about music stuff. I considered music education (being a band director), but ultimately decided to pursue the technology side. Miami was the best program for this on the east coast, it started out as a pipe dream and I would up getting a tuba scholarship for 2/3 tuition, some grants, help from parents and wound up being able to go and come out with "only" $30k in debt.

I bounced around a bit, worked as a freelance live sound engineer, NASCAR production, A/V at a community college and then landed as a sales engineer at an English audio console manufacturer, where I am now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally wanted to do something with music. But I didn't wanna starve. I could totally get into production and recording though.
I tinker at home a little but don't really dig into the weeds much at all. I just thrash some death metal out and call it a day.
It's worked out and been a really fun ride so far! It's definitely an uphill battle of a career path though, you have to really want it for it to be worth it.