OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:10 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:42 pm

:wat: is this :spinulator: you speak of?
:lolol:
Sorry, I misspelled it. It's incentive spirometer.
Looks like this:

It helps to restore lung function after major surgery. What happens is, when they put you waaaay under for a surgery like he (or I) had, most of your autonomic nervous system is paralyzed, including your ability to breathe on your own. Your lungs therefore deflate and the tiny air sacks, called alveoli (where oxygen enters your blood and CO2 is expelled), fill with fluid and sort of stick shut. This obviously seriously degrades your lung function. The spirometer is a device you use to help fill your lungs by enabling you to see how much air you're bringing in and, over time, those alveoli will pop open and restore full lung function. Those "pops" are what you doc hears as "crackles" when he listens to your lungs through a stethoscope. What was really freaky was that, as I would lie awake at night unable to sleep a few days after my surgery, I could actually hear my own crackles as I breathed in heavily. If you look at the pic, you'll see a graduated cylinder with a ball in it. When you inhale on the tube you elevate the ball which indicates the volume of air you are able to take in. In my case, right after my surgery I was only inhaling about 500 units (maybe cc's, but I forget). 2 weeks later I was inhaling over 2,000 units and am still at around 2,500 today. I had to use it 10 time/hour every waking hour for at least 2-3 weeks. I was also encouraged to cough as often as possible to bring up the fluid in my lungs, even though it hurt like a motherfucker to cough.
Dang, I'm sending him this response! Thanks :wap:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I replaced "fucker" with "*", otherwise it went straight to Pa!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:46 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:10 pm

:lolol:
Sorry, I misspelled it. It's incentive spirometer.
Looks like this:

It helps to restore lung function after major surgery. What happens is, when they put you waaaay under for a surgery like he (or I) had, most of your autonomic nervous system is paralyzed, including your ability to breathe on your own. Your lungs therefore deflate and the tiny air sacks, called alveoli (where oxygen enters your blood and CO2 is expelled), fill with fluid and sort of stick shut. This obviously seriously degrades your lung function. The spirometer is a device you use to help fill your lungs by enabling you to see how much air you're bringing in and, over time, those alveoli will pop open and restore full lung function. Those "pops" are what you doc hears as "crackles" when he listens to your lungs through a stethoscope. What was really freaky was that, as I would lie awake at night unable to sleep a few days after my surgery, I could actually hear my own crackles as I breathed in heavily. If you look at the pic, you'll see a graduated cylinder with a ball in it. When you inhale on the tube you elevate the ball which indicates the volume of air you are able to take in. In my case, right after my surgery I was only inhaling about 500 units (maybe cc's, but I forget). 2 weeks later I was inhaling over 2,000 units and am still at around 2,500 today. I had to use it 10 time/hour every waking hour for at least 2-3 weeks. I was also encouraged to cough as often as possible to bring up the fluid in my lungs, even though it hurt like a motherfucker to cough.
You're welcome, :mahman: !

I'd be surprised if his hospital didn't already give him one. Mine gave me one 3 days before my surgery and a quick lesson on how to use it properly so I could practice. It's really important for proper, quick recovery. I still have it today.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:54 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:46 pm

I'd be surprised if his hospital didn't already give him one. Mine gave me one 3 days before my surgery and a quick lesson on how to use it properly so I could practice. It's really important for proper, quick recovery. I still have it today.
Orly... well then, they will be able to enjoy the quality wordsmithery bestowed upon us all and muse at my interest in his speedy recovery! It's a win-win :D
wap

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:52 pm I replaced "fucker" with "*", otherwise it went straight to Pa!
:lol:

Hope it helps!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:04 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:52 pm I replaced "fucker" with "*", otherwise it went straight to Pa!
:lol:

Hope it helps!
Thank you!
wap

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:57 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:54 pm

Orly... well then, they will be able to enjoy the quality wordsmithery bestowed upon us all and muse at my interest in his speedy recovery! It's a win-win :D
:fuckyeah:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Took my mom’s old collection of 45s home. Playing through a few of them and cataloging them into my collection this morning. Currently spinning some Dionne Warwick - I’ll Never Love This Way Again.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:29 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:55 am Got another :popcorn: story and I would've also been in trouble too if I took the bait.

Thing is, in Turkey where I spend my summers in an island, there's this sports/beach sort of club where its private member only (not a :waxer: place). Thats where I learned how to swim and played waterpolo growing up as an early teen. My parents and my grandparents go there, along with their and my friends (like we are friends in generations). Also thats how I met most of my friends in Turkey too.

Anyway, I grew up with these twin sisters and they basically show a lot of cleavage than literally ANY other girl, not that im complaining about or being a :crang: but theres a LOT of kids there, and :wap: and so on.

This year, boy oh boy one of those twins is just being a whore asking for attention. She does like flirtatious touches left and right with a bunch of guys, including me. Sometimes even in front of my parents. I know for sure I'm not going to partake in her shenanigans, as I almost fell for a trap with someone like her years ago (yes i got flashbacks for it too).

One night, we have like small nightclub ish rooftop nights as a get together with friends and of course they come and the blondie seduces me and a bunch of other guys. I just act cool and give like a false promise. I left a little early and so did most of my friends in the group. Theres this other kid I played waterpolo with. Hes a super good dude, helps with his grandparents, good with kids, a role model. The blondie twin asked to go to the bathroom (you already knew what was about to happen :dock: ). The other twin guards the bathroom for that important to take care of. These little 4-5 year olds who are also good friends with my of my friends niece, tried to get in. Have to tell you those little girls are snitches and kinda savage, like my 3 year old cousin. They called their grandmas to come and see cause they hear the you know what noises. Boom, one of the ladies barged right in and saw what happened. These girls and that guy got kicked for this season and next season. Literally basically like degrassi and the like.

How I found out about this? The administrator lady showed my mom a pic of that girl and that guy (the guy does look a lot like me) with pills and lot of other bs as pictured. Asking if it was me. Which I wasn't.

In our culture, more particularly mine. Im still getting treated like a kid to an extent, even if im 50-60, thats still the case and the be careful lectures, etc. As a result, i would lose all my friends, the rest of the family. Basically having nothing in Turkey as a result if I ever jump in, oh and my cousins in the US too as rumors spread easily as well. But I'm super glad that I know better. :alpo:
Damn dude! The social landmines you have to navigate are REAL. Good on you for recognizing them and steering clear.
Thanks, and you know how some guys complain girls that aren't easy. Well im not an easy guy. Seeing her doing it to other guys are pretty clear what her intentions are.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:55 am Took my mom’s old collection of 45s home. Playing through a few of them and cataloging them into my collection this morning. Currently spinning some Dionne Warwick - I’ll Never Love This Way Again.
Man, haven't heard or thought about that song in at least 20 years but the mention of it actually makes me think of my mom as well and her listening to it when I was a kid.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:03 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:55 am Took my mom’s old collection of 45s home. Playing through a few of them and cataloging them into my collection this morning. Currently spinning some Dionne Warwick - I’ll Never Love This Way Again.
Man, haven't heard or thought about that song in at least 20 years but the mention of it actually makes me think of my mom as well and her listening to it when I was a kid.
:wub: I don’t know what I’d ever heard the song before this. BTO - Taking Care Of Business / Stone Gates was up next. The Stone Gates side doesn’t want to play, dragging my needle pretty bad. I need to buy a cleaning kit and see if cleaning some of these up will fix their issues.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:10 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:03 pm

:wub: I don’t know what I’d ever heard the song before this. BTO - Taking Care Of Business / Stone Gates was up next. The Stone Gates side doesn’t want to play, dragging my needle pretty bad. I need to buy a cleaning kit and see if cleaning some of these up will fix their issues.
Roy Orbison reminds me of my youth. My parents used to play it (along with other vibin' classics) in the summer while working on house projects together. Brings me right back to when I was seven. I'm amazed how much I remember when correlating it to music.
SAWCE

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:28 pm

Roy Orbison reminds me of my youth. My parents used to play it (along with other vibin' classics) in the summer while working on house projects together. Brings me right back to when I was seven. I'm amazed how much I remember when correlating it to music.
Music is a powerful thing. It’s crazy the memories it’ll bring up.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:35 pm

:dat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:35 pm

:dat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:pinshit: before :pinshit: was cool!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

How's everyone doing?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:13 pm How's everyone doing?
Hai you're back, my bound in erdoganistan is almost done and coming back to the land of the free.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Little update about the :dock: and that broad. Everyone fucking knew whats up, and even some of my friends who noticed the girl flirting for attention to me was glad I didn't fall for the bait.

Another thing, one of the friends in the group recently got married a month ago, she also tried to get him to :dock: her as well, even though she knows that he's married. I am just :disgust: hearing this. One of their best friends who I also get along pretty well and actually a decent person, is embarrassed to show up at the place the girls got kicked out of. I truly feel bad for her too.

On a bit of a positive side, I miss the greatest country on earth, looking forward for the upcoming gigs as things seem to pick up right now. I may subject to visit LA/socal for 10 days actually for bizness, so needless to say i'm :excited: other than seeing the homeless apocalypse.
SAWCE

Went to our favorite restaurant tonight. The wild boar burger wasn’t on the menu, but their item of the month was a smash burger with two wagyu patties, American cheese, crispy onions, and pickles. :fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:howdy:

Good to see you back! Things going well in the north overall, how about you?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:37 am Went to our favorite restaurant tonight. The wild boar burger wasn’t on the menu, but their item of the month was a smash burger with two wagyu patties, American cheese, crispy onions, and pickles. :fuckyeah:
:drool:

Some places treat smashburgers as a cop-out for overcooking the meat. A true smashburger is legit :megusta: :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:47 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:37 am Went to our favorite restaurant tonight. The wild boar burger wasn’t on the menu, but their item of the month was a smash burger with two wagyu patties, American cheese, crispy onions, and pickles. :fuckyeah:
:drool:

Some places treat smashburgers as a cop-out for overcooking the meat. A true smashburger is legit :megusta: :doe:
It was so good. I’m tempted to go back before the month is over so I can have it again.
wap

:hai: folks.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:hai:

What's new with you other than the bike racing? In4more bike talk :doe: