OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Ad DesertBreh said, it's really been not a massive shift, but I do feel for those with kiddos.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:31 pm
coogles wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:58 pm

I don't want to pass it on to someone who may not survive, but I'm not going to live my life in a bubble forever because some people in my life are anti-vaxxers. My MIL is 66 and diabetic, for example, both of which put her at high risk, but she's been eligible to get the vaccine for months now and won't get it. I'm refuse to remove myself from society forever to keep her from possibly catching covid from us. The chances of us passing on an infection now both having had it and being fully vaccinated are extremely low, and that's just going to have to be good enough. :ohwell:

I'm going back to playing hockey, I'm going back to the gym, fuck it.
:word:
I totally get :aintcare: about helping/saving people who don't give a shit about helping/saving themselves.
And that's the stage we're at now. People who care and don't want the virus got the vaccine or are in the process. There's zero excuse now, other than :derp:

The rest should be left to whatever, but I'm done dealing with this to "save" people that clearly don't care about being "saved".
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:57 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:49 pm

It sucks, but is awesome in it's own weird way. Plus at our age, we're not exactly high risk for death or irreparable damage. Besides, if we are worried, we can get vaccinated.

The hardest part really is the homeschooling while working full-time fucking jobs. Mine is high demand with good pay, and I really can't keep LARGE clients waiting for quick and high quality responses to their emergencies. I would love to see my boys grow up and do well in school, for that I need to be present. :sad:
This is what I was referring to. I actually got perfect timing on this as the last half of the last half senior year in hs was throwaway as all college apps already made. Our public school district floundered terribly in dealing with this. I would have strongly considered switching to private school had this been during an earlier year.
Yeah, that's called the last quarter, Dirk.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:07 pm
wap wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:31 pm
:word:
I totally get :aintcare: about helping/saving people who don't give a shit about helping/saving themselves.
And that's the stage we're at now. People who care and don't want the virus got the vaccine or are in the process. There's zero excuse now, other than :derp:

The rest should be left to whatever, but I'm done dealing with this to "save" people that clearly don't care about being "saved".
Honestly, :notwrong:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:28 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:57 pm

This is what I was referring to. I actually got perfect timing on this as the last half of the last half senior year in hs was throwaway as all college apps already made. Our public school district floundered terribly in dealing with this. I would have strongly considered switching to private school had this been during an earlier year.
:amazing:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:29 pm

:lol:
:mahman:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:29 pm

:lol:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

My daughter got screwed out of the last half of her Senior year in HS, graduation, the social bliss of the summer between HS and College.

Her college freshman year was irrevocably marred , though it was infinitely better than having to stay home with us.

She was supposed to be going to France this summer as part of a scholarship she won but that trip got cancelled. I pray it will be rescheduled.

On the plus side, none of our loved ones was hospitalized or died of COVID.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:06 pm My daughter got screwed out of the last half of her Senior year in HS, graduation, the social bliss of the summer between HS and College.

Her college freshman year was irrevocably marred , though it was infinitely better than having to stay home with us.

She was supposed to be going to France this summer as part of a scholarship she won but that trip got cancelled. I pray it will be rescheduled.

That bites. My daughter would have been happy to go to college after her junior year, so NFG about graduation and social bliss. Thankfully she was quite philosophical about an online first year in college.
Not much to be done, every single UC/Cal State student had to do the same thing. Getting a trip abroad nixed would have put a fair amount of pee in the Cheerios :doe:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

The first two years of college are glorified high school with the core classes. If you miss any years of in-person, those are probably the best ones
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Irish

Middle Son .... 21 years old ......48 hours after second Moderna...... Arm pain and Mild lethargy
wap

Irish wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:11 pm Middle Son .... 21 years old ......48 hours after second Moderna...... Arm pain and Mild lethargy
Updating to add Spawn of Irish

SECOND DOSE ONLY (or DOSE for J&J)

Moderna:
6 total.
4 peeps with zero to very minimal reactions, including Son if Irish with arm pain and mild lethargy.
2 with fatigue, soreness, and significant body aches beginning the evening of the 2nd shot and progressing to the point where one didn't come into work and the other one left early (these are both coworkers).

Pfizer:
18 total.
3 zero reaction.
10 minimal to moderate (headache, fatigue) I include myself, Griff, Zilch, :melon: , Coogles, Desert Man and [user not found]. I never had a headache yet, but did feel a bit fatigued the morning after.
3 fairly bad, 1 starting with elevated heart rate and progressing the next day to a full day of extreme fatigue, significant body pain, cold sweats, headache. Totally fine by the third day. 2, including Haley, with fatigue, nausea, headache, muscle and full body aches/fever that night into the next day. Fine by the day after that.
1 (bossbro) VERY BAD. Got it Monday morning, didn't come back to work. Came in Tuesday but left early feeling very fatigued, achy, etc. Stayed home yesterday and today so far.
1 needed 1 day off feeling fatigued and some soreness. Came back to work second day mostly fine.

One-and-done J&J:
3 total.
1 with extreme fatigue for almost 24 hours (described as like being on Nyquil all day). Came back to work the next day.
1 (our own Huckleberry) with chills and fever.
1 (Pecs) with nothing but arm soreness.
wap

Detroit, let us know how you're feeling tomorrow morning.
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:17 pm
Irish wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:06 pm My daughter got screwed out of the last half of her Senior year in HS, graduation, the social bliss of the summer between HS and College.

That bites. My daughter would have been happy to go to college after her junior year, so NFG about graduation and social bliss. Thankfully she was quite philosophical about an online first year in college.
Not much to be done, every single UC/Cal State student had to do the same thing. Getting a trip abroad nixed would have put a fair amount of pee in the Cheerios :doe:
She attends a really small school in a rural county with low Covid numbers (Juniata) so they held in person classes. She was was going :derp: at home with us. She was fortunately to fall in with a tight knit group of friends right away and thus she has flourished. Her cousin who "attends" PITT-Johnstown did so from Home her entire sophomore year.... but she was actually happier that way.

Hopefully the France trip will be rescheduled and she is also slated to spend a year (Prob Junior year) attending classes over there. She did take 4 years of French and has no great love for our government so she may very well expatriate...
Last edited by Irish on Fri May 07, 2021 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:19 pm Detroit, let us know how you're feeling tomorrow morning.
Welp, it's been 21 hours since the jab, and it's been shockingly NBD. The injection site pain is way less than it was with the first shot (barely there), and I've felt no other side effects other than being tired. We both crashed around 10pm last night and couldn't really wake up before 8:30...just exhausted overall.

I'm feeling almost perfect right now, other than the dull pain in my shoulder. If this is it, then :fuckyeah:

Maybe more is on the way? We'll see...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Irish wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:17 pm That bites. My daughter would have been happy to go to college after her junior year, so NFG about graduation and social bliss. Thankfully she was quite philosophical about an online first year in college.
She attends a really small school in a rural county with low Covid numbers (Juniata) so they held in person classes. She was was going :derp: at home with us. She was fortunately to fall in with a tight knit group of friends right away and thus she has flourished. Her cousin who "attends" PITT-Johnstown did so from Home her entire sophomore year.... but she was actually happier that way.

Hopefully the France trip will be rescheduled and she is also slated to spend a year (Prob Junior year) attending classes over there. She did take 4 years of French and has no great love for our government so she may very well expatriate...
:jelly:

I wish I had worked harder on getting to Europe, now it's too late.
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:01 am
wap wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:19 pm Detroit, let us know how you're feeling tomorrow morning.
Welp, it's been 21 hours since the jab, and it's been shockingly NBD. The injection site pain is way less than it was with the first shot (barely there), and I've felt no other side effects other than being tired. We both crashed around 10pm last night and couldn't really wake up before 8:30...just exhausted overall.

I'm feeling almost perfect right now, other than the dull pain in my shoulder. If this is it, then :fuckyeah:

Nah, at this point I'm pretty sure that's going to be it for you. That's great! Your experience basically mirrors mine. Arm soreness, some fatigue, plus I also had a tiny amount of random muscle cramps. :whocares: It was a totally :notbad: experience.
wap

Updating to add Detroit

SECOND DOSE ONLY (or DOSE for J&J)

Moderna:
6 total.
4 peeps with zero to very minimal reactions, including Son if Irish with arm pain and mild lethargy.
2 with fatigue, soreness, and significant body aches beginning the evening of the 2nd shot and progressing to the point where one didn't come into work and the other one left early (these are both coworkers).

Pfizer:
19 total.
3 zero reaction.
11 minimal to moderate (headache, fatigue) I include myself, Griff, Zilch, :melon: , Coogles, Desert Man, [user not found], and DPlac. I never had a headache yet, but did feel a bit fatigued the morning after. No time off work needed.
4 fairly bad:
1 starting with elevated heart rate and progressing the next day to a full day of extreme fatigue, significant body pain, cold sweats, headache. Totally fine by the third day.
2, including Haley, with fatigue, nausea, headache, muscle and full body aches/fever that night into the next day. Fine by the day after that.
1 needed 1 day off feeling fatigued and some soreness. Came back to work second day mostly fine.
1 (bossbro) VERY BAD. Got it Monday morning, didn't come back to work. Came in Tuesday but left early feeling very fatigued, achy, etc. Stayed home yesterday and today so far.

One-and-done J&J:
3 total.
1 with extreme fatigue for almost 24 hours (described as like being on Nyquil all day). Came back to work the next day.
1 (our own Huckleberry) with chills and fever.
1 (Pecs) with nothing but arm soreness.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:59 am

Nah, at this point I'm pretty sure that's going to be it for you. That's great! Your experience basically mirrors mine. Arm soreness, some fatigue, plus I also had a tiny amount of random muscle cramps. :whocares: It was a totally :notbad: experience.
Yep, minor fatigue (I'm not doing push ups today like I normally do) and some super minor random muscle cramps, and I'm tired. Overall super easy and it hasn't really changed.
razr390

Irish wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:32 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:17 pm

The grass is always greener. Happy for her passion for France. Let’s see if that translates if she does move there long term. They have more tumultuous politics than we do. We just don’t see much of it until their cities are burning just like ours :lol:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

@wap;

My lady’s side effects went away. She basically had chills overnight after the shot, mild nausea in the morning, major headache and body soreness/aches.

Everything except the soreness in the receiving arm is gone.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Nope, show's over.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

:fuckyeah: that's great to hear!

Getting mine in 4.5 hours and hope for a similar experience.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:56 pm

Nope, show's over.
Not so fast...

Coming up on 24 hours and the fatigue is increasing and I'm chilled and cannot get warm. I feel like I just ran a marathon. Have some meetings to get out of the way then nap time. Hopefully it doesn't get worse.

So weird.
ChrisoftheNorth

And a headache is starting...