OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Oh hi. 2am wake up to come to a job site where my contact sleeps cozily in his recliner chair as a movie rolls on said dudes screen. :fuckyeah:

I found another cozy recliner and enjoying it with a brewed Italian coffee grind in my to go thermos. Today is a stat holiday so they pay me twice as much to recline, :fuckyeah:
Last edited by Tar on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Lulz on that sugar incident, cute kid face :wub:

There still would have been a boatload of sugar in that mix prior to the block falling in. :shock:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

All went well enough for me to hang back and shop for more gym equipment on crangslist, checked out the gift shop and snagged this cool ass t-shirt for $20. The logo reminds of Thundercats but brands so well!

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:hai:

Happy Monday.

Weekend was dece out here, :tits: was in the mountains with a couple of friends so I chilled, went for my first 100 km bike ride Saturday, did a bit of yard/house shit, cleaned up the :poorvette: and got it ready for the trip to CT on Saturday, and chilled with the :doge: and some weed.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:20 am :hai:

Happy Monday.

Weekend was dece out here, :tits: was in the mountains with a couple of friends so I chilled, went for my first 100 km bike ride Saturday, did a bit of yard/house shit, cleaned up the :poorvette: and got it ready for the trip to CT on Saturday, and chilled with the :doge: and some weed.
Sound nice. Had a buddy kind of in town from WA. His parents have a time share up in Carlsbad, so Saturday morning I drive up there to pick him up and bring him down to my place. We hit the gym, ate some poke, then I drove him back up and caught up with his parents for a bit. I just about lived at their house in high school, so always good to see them now. Got home and had that Taco Bell cheat meal. Michelle had been craving a Blizzard for a while, so she was ordering one on uber eats and I had her throw in a turkey blt for me too since I’ve as still hungry. A few hours after that I went to my taco shop and got a California burrito :lol:

Yesterday I was at the gym for like 4 hours. Was closed to the public while it got professionally disinfected. Lifted for the first hour and a half or so, then spent a little over 2 hours helping to deep clean it after the disinfectant. Mostly just sweeping and dusting areas that have probably never been swept or dusted. Looks pretty good now. Did some grocery shopping after that and then cooked burgers and grilled hotdogs last night.

Pretty solid weekend.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Ugh, already have a bunch of customers bitching today. :notsure:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Brunch today in honor of Wilford Brimley. :diabeetus:

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Spent all weekend :pinshit: refreshing the basement that's nasty/dingy in prep for sale.

Got a lot of rain, which we need badly.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:48 pm Brunch today in honor of Wilford Brimley. :diabeetus:

I was surprised to learn he was 85 when he passed. I thought he was 85 like 20 years ago.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:48 pm Brunch today in honor of Wilford Brimley. :diabeetus:

I was surprised to learn he was 85 when he passed. I thought he was 85 like 20 years ago.
#metoo
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:nice:

I had never heard of Wilford Brimley until yesterday.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:02 pm

:nice:

I had never heard of Wilford Brimley until yesterday.
I recognize the face, but couldn’t have ever told you his name.
ChrisoftheNorth

Anyone that watched daytime TV in the 90's (Price is Right, Soap Operas, etc) should remember the disbeetus commercials "I'm Wilfred Brimley and I've had diabeetus...etc"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvzIktiFY6k
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:20 pm Anyone that watched daytime TV in the 90's (Price is Right, Soap Operas, etc) should remember the disbeetus commercials "I'm Wilfred Brimley and I've had diabeetus...etc"

We didn't have cable growing up and were pretty much a TV free household. It's funny, at the time I thought it was so :disgust: that my parents were too :scrooge: for cable TV, but really they were just way ahead of their time :wap: :millennial: :okboomer:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:22 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:20 pm Anyone that watched daytime TV in the 90's (Price is Right, Soap Operas, etc) should remember the disbeetus commercials "I'm Wilfred Brimley and I've had diabeetus...etc"

We didn't have cable growing up and were pretty much a TV free household. It's funny, at the time I thought it was so :disgust: that my parents were too :scrooge: for cable TV, but really they were just way ahead of their time :wap: :millennial: :okboomer:
These all aired on poverty broadcast TV...mostly CBS.

I haven't had cable TV in 10 years now. Funny because I grew up with it, but don't miss it at all.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:30 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:22 pm

I haven't had cable TV in 10 years now. Funny because I grew up with it, but don't miss it at all.
I feel like our reception just sucked or they never turned it on or :iono:

Watching TV just really wasn't a thing in our household. Read or :gtfo: of the house.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:40 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:30 pm

Watching TV just really wasn't a thing in our household. Read or :gtfo: of the house.
We always had TV on in the house growing up, but it was background noise at best. My mom wasted hours watching TV, but :ohwell: that was her choice. I was too busy playing with Legos or whatever if stuck inside (rain, snow) to pay attention to the boob toob. These days, we never watch TV except for maybe a 30 minute show at night.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:45 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:40 pm

We always had TV on in the house growing up, but it was background noise at best. My mom wasted hours watching TV, but :ohwell: that was her choice. I was too busy playing with Legos or whatever if stuck inside (rain, snow) to pay attention to the boob toob. These days, we never watch TV except for maybe a 30 minute show at night.
I did a lot of Legoing as well.
SAWCE

Legos and Knex.

I saw this rad Super Mario LEGO set the other day. Looks like you can build whole levels from SMB3. Might grab some for shits and giggles.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:43 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:29 pm Legos and Knex.

I saw this rad Super Mario LEGO set the other day. Looks like you can build whole levels from SMB3. Might grab some for shits and giggles.
Whoaaaa link?
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/adve ... urse-71360

Apparently the Mario figure gets a couple of AAA batteries and can tell what color block he’s on and has animations or something to correspond. :neat: lots of explanation sets after that basic starter set. Man somebody could drop some serious :waxer: building out a full course with all the sets.
SAWCE

Also, looks a little more Super Mario World than SMB3 Like I thought it was going to be based on.
ChrisoftheNorth

I remember asking for lego sets not for the set, but for the unique parts to build other shit. I rarely built what was in the instructions.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:12 pm I remember asking for lego sets not for the set, but for the unique parts to build other shit. I rarely built what was in the instructions.
Back in my day ( :wap: ), Legos didn't come in "sets". You just got various sizes of packages of the bricks (they sometimes came in big cardboard cans), and you built shit solely from your imagination.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

wap wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:19 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:12 pm I remember asking for lego sets not for the set, but for the unique parts to build other shit. I rarely built what was in the instructions.
Back in my day ( :wap: ), Legos didn't come in "sets". You just got various sizes of packages of the bricks (they sometimes came in big cardboard cans), and you built shit solely from your imagination.
Yeah, a "set" of legos was just a box with assorted pieces and colors. Usually not enough to make anything color coordinated, but we just knew to :dealwithit: and carry on with one oddly yellow brick in our lego gun.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap