OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

razr390 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:45 pm +1 on the Canada train. Wifey and I visited Montreal and it was awesome. Super nice people and beautiful country. However, there is insane amount of wealth in big cities in Canada and likewise shit is also expensive there.

I'd love to retire and fuck off to Montana eventually. :eeyore:
Montana and Wyoming are on my short list for the house after Vegas.

The wife thinks she doesn't want snow, but I'm betting 8-10 years in Vegas will make her perfectly fine with cold winters. :lol:
I almost had her ready for that now, but I need gigabit internet and she wants to be closer to her mom... so Vegas works for now to fit both needs.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

razr390 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:45 pm +1 on the Canada train. Wifey and I visited Montreal and it was awesome. Super nice people and beautiful country. However, there is insane amount of wealth in big cities in Canada and likewise shit is also expensive there.

I'd love to retire and fuck off to Montana eventually. :eeyore:
Wifey sent me a link to a 10acre property in Idaho yesterday, for under $400k.
#retirementgoals
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:47 pm I'd move to Toronto tomorrow but Canada doesn't want us. :thankstrump:
Total new COVID cases in Ontario (the second largest cluster in the nation) is 116 people today. We were peaking at 1000 or something in April at its worst. FL in comparison is 16,000 new cases per day which is :ludacris: . Once it gets wiped out here I'm guessing that it will be international flights that restart the whole process. People here are all :hellno: about opening the border right now, I'm curious to see if they even :doit:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:08 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:47 pm I'd move to Toronto tomorrow but Canada doesn't want us. :thankstrump:
Total new COVID cases in Ontario (the second largest cluster in the nation) is 116 people today. We were peaking at 1000 or something in April at its worst. FL in comparison is 16,000 new cases per day which is :ludacris: . Once it gets wiped out here I'm guessing that it will be international flights that restart the whole process. People here are all :hellno: about opening the border right now, I'm curious to see if they even :doit:
California is shutting everything down again based on testing numbers..... which is flawed IMO. We're testing so many more people now that obviously the numbers are going to increase.... but no, we must all be afraid of the invisible boogeyman. Put that cloth over your face that you can easily breath through, because the good masks are needed by important people....

Fuck it, let's get sick and thin the herd if it's so bad. If I'm one of them, so be it. If you don't want to test the waters, by all means, stay home. Who wants to live in fear in their basement anyway?

The preceding is wholly my opinion and any objection to the above can and should be directed at someone that gives a shit about social justice shaming. :)
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:25 pm

California is shutting everything down again based on testing numbers..... which is flawed IMO. We're testing so many more people now that obviously the numbers are going to increase.... but no, we must all be afraid of the invisible boogeyman. Put that cloth over your face that you can easily breath through, because the good masks are needed by important people....

Fuck it, let's get sick and thin the herd if it's so bad. If I'm one of them, so be it. If you don't want to test the waters, by all means, stay home. Who wants to live in fear in their basement anyway?

The preceding is wholly my opinion and any objection to the above can and should be directed at someone that gives a shit about social justice shaming. :)
:mahman: :highfive:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:37 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:07 pm One time a pregnant wifey and I went to a Mexican restaurant to eat. There was a family next table to us playing baby shark on repeat.... in various languages too. I didn’t even know they had it in other languages.

Worst restaurant ever
Just how many pregnant women have you been married to??

I'm starting to think I don't know you like I thought I did.....

:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Toronto is great. Reminded me a lot of Chicago; :neat: skyline, on a big lake so they also have a 5/7 lakefront, they even have a Second City comedy club. Like a safer Chicago. We're pretty friendly here but Toronto is probably friendlier because Canada.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

razr390 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:07 pm One time a pregnant wifey and I went to a Mexican restaurant to eat. There was a family next table to us playing baby shark on repeat.... in various languages too. I didn’t even know they had it in other languages.

Worst restaurant ever

Meant to say once upon a time..
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:35 pm

Just so you know, a lot of that is a bit of an exaggeration, but not much. I just think that the overall handling of this is completely ridiculous. We shut down. I didn't go anywhere other than to my mother-in-law's house where she didn't go anywhere for for 3 months. Then I gave up and went to Vegas for 8 nights w/o masks living it up and spending $1,200 on dinners each night with 100% tips for the damned poor servers that were shut down for those months making little to NOTHING.

We didn't get sick. The numbers are suspect since 40% of the deaths here in Califuckedya are from nursing homes that already provided questionable care practices.

One of my best friend's ex girlfriends that I closely hung out with (she was very close to me) from 1987 until 2015 died supposedly of COVID as the report says. Fact is, she loved cocaine and meth and her heart was shot. She gained a lot of weight in recent years and had a massive heart attack and they still pinned it on COVID.... W...T...F... That's when I had enough.

I think this is all a personal decision, but IDGAF about "laws" created by governors that aren't legally able to create actual laws.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I haven't been around as long as you have, nor do I claim to be as smart but i do believe that a group effort to cover your mouth in busy public spots should reduce the spread of a virus that exits the mouth.

They are testing 25k people here daily which is reasonable. I don't think it is that bad of a virus, definitely a clingy little fucker and from someone that I spoke with who had it, sounds like the virus is pretty vigorous in some people, even healthy ones.

Another way to tackle the issue is by taking the frail groups and quarantining them only, who knows I fix robots not people. :iono: :aintcare: most days.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:50 pm

Meant to say once upon a time..
OH NO.... I'm not letting it go that easy... :D
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I’m really trying to keep doing the right preventative things but it kind of gets harder and harder to not feel the way you do. I’m just :notsure: anymore.
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:52 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:35 pm

Just so you know, a lot of that is a bit of an exaggeration, but not much. I just think that the overall handling of this is completely ridiculous. We shut down. I didn't go anywhere other than to my mother-in-law's house where she didn't go anywhere for for 3 months. Then I gave up and went to Vegas for 8 nights w/o masks living it up and spending $1,200 on dinners each night with 100% tips for the damned poor servers that were shut down for those months making little to NOTHING.

We didn't get sick. The numbers are suspect since 40% of the deaths here in Califuckedya are from nursing homes that already provided questionable care practices.

One of my best friend's ex girlfriends that I closely hung out with (she was very close to me) from 1987 until 2015 died supposedly of COVID as the report says. Fact is, she loved cocaine and meth and her heart was shot. She gained a lot of weight in recent years and had a massive heart attack and they still pinned it on COVID.... W...T...F... That's when I had enough.

I think this is all a personal decision, but IDGAF about "laws" created by governors that aren't legally able to create actual laws.
I hear ya Waxer.

Everyone can make decisions for themselves; and we each make our choices on what we feel is best for our individual families/situations.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I am masking and shit and have no desire to start hitting the bars as many have... but at a certain point hanging out on my patio with a few friends seems pretty ok to me and has been refreshing.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

The testing at my work is 30% effective. We are judging one positive test and going along with it? Not even water quality testing that we do is that careless. I triple check sample points, recalibrate equipment, use other tools and equipment yet we are sending people home on administration leave on one "positive test". How is the test administered? Sit outside with 1000 other people and let them touch your face without gloves?. :lol: :nope: So i never ended up getting tested. I will not subject myself to that. Kaiser won't even test you unless you have symptoms so you must LIE to get tested. Clinics around town will not test me because I have health insurance. Well its been 44 + days since I was exposed so I'm fine.
Last edited by NeonJonny on Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:43 pm Laws are required because the majority of Americans are not even REMOTELY CLOSE to as smart as those of us posting here. The big issue is we didn't actually shut down in round one. If we would have shut down (TRULY shut down) nationally in a robust and appropriate manner and implemented proper mask laws, we would be opened back up by now and not on the verge of shutdown #2.

The health and economic impacts are going to be way worse than they needed to be because we didn't commit to it properly in the first place.
Agreed. Instead of Califuckedya and Washington shutting down mostly alone, there should have been an overall plan for EVERYONE. But the incompetence here to reopen when testing is increasing has been a complete joke.

My friend is my Barber. I've been going to him for 30 years and he just got his first unemployment check after being shut down for 4 months.... He was allowed to open today, but like most barber shops is closed Mondays..... He opened and before the end of the day they ordered to close all barber/beauty shops again. So now this cycle for him continues for another 4 months before he gets any more money? His twins both got accepted to Santa Clara University this fall and you know what?? Even if learning is online he's gotta come out of pocket for his portion not covered by the scholarships.

Today I have so much less faith in the system than I had before, and I never had much.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:43 pm Laws are required because the majority of Americans are not even REMOTELY CLOSE to as smart as those of us posting here. The big issue is we didn't actually shut down in round one. If we would have shut down (TRULY shut down) nationally in a robust and appropriate manner and implemented proper mask laws, we would be opened back up by now and not on the verge of shutdown #2.

The health and economic impacts are going to be way worse than they needed to be because we didn't commit to it properly in the first place.
Why do you hate freedom?
wap

All :dat:
The lack of federal leadership has been so :disgust:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I would tend to agree that the lack of a singular response coordinated by the federal gov made this exponentially worse.

Every state had different reopening guidelines with phases that meant different things to each state. Bunch of confusion and complexity. Here in Texas we had the governor saying one thing, and then our county and city government saying another. At one point people are either going to be so confused or tired of the politics that they just will stop giving a shit. And I think that’s what’s happening in places where it’s spiking.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:hai:
Apex

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:22 am:hai:
:howdy:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

razr390 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:13 am I would tend to agree that the lack of a singular response coordinated by the federal gov made this exponentially worse.

Every state had different reopening guidelines with phases that meant different things to each state. Bunch of confusion and complexity. Here in Texas we had the governor saying one thing, and then our county and city government saying another. At one point people are either going to be so confused or tired of the politics that they just will stop giving a shit. And I think that’s what’s happening in places where it’s spiking.
:dat: plays a role for sure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:13 am I would tend to agree that the lack of a singular response coordinated by the federal gov made this exponentially worse.

:notwrong:

I am doing my best to just do what I think will help - avoid public indoor places when I can, wear a mask in them for times I need to go (grocery store, etc). All in all most of what I like to do is outside anyway so it's NFG. One thing that seems to be happening here is that outdoor places like breweries are really booming with tons of people congregating together. That is a big :nope: from me, but having a few people over and having brews on out patio is definitely something we've done a good bit.
wap

:dat:
Not to mention all the states having to fight each other and bid against each other on the open market for PPE. :|
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:10 pm

I’m really trying to keep doing the right preventative things but it kind of gets harder and harder to not feel the way you do. I’m just :notsure: anymore.
:dat:

Frankly, I just DGAF anymore. I'll be polite and wear the mask in public enclosed spaces, but if I get it, I get it. If I die, I die. :aintcare:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.