So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:48 pm So, after recent events and realizing how important sleep is, I bought a new bed last night.

Ended up getting another Sleep Number, but this time one that raises/lowers your head/feet. Also bought a few accessories like the custom sheets and one of the temp controllers to make the bet warmer/cooler. Came in at just over $11k :shock:

It has the whole SleepIQ setup that works with your phone/tablet and monitors your sleep/restlessness/out of bed time, heart rate and more and tracks it all. The manager at the store showed us his personal last many days report, pretty cool.

https://www.sleepnumber.com/sn/en/beds/ ... ?size=King

https://www.sleepnumber.com/sn/en/All-B ... /dualtemp3
That sounds absolutely worth it. I’d love a bed that I could adjust to a slightly cooler temp. Feet a little elevated sounds nice too.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

$430 :wasteful: :aintcare:

The first row of pictures is what I've been using for the last few years, and the bottom is the new one.ImageImage

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:37 am $430 :wasteful: :aintcare:

The first row of pictures is what I've been using for the last few years, and the bottom is the new one.ImageImage

Looks like something inspired by something from the 1970s trying to imagine something from the 2030s

I like it.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:06 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:37 am $430 :wasteful: :aintcare:

Looks like something inspired by something from the 1970s trying to imagine something from the 2030s

I like it.
It's definitely eye catching but that style will be the new norm. They've started moving the darkening lens closer and closer to your face to widen the field of view necessitating that wide lens on the exterior.

I almost bought this for the field of view alone:

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

$200 in jeans. Pricey, but my first pair from this brand is still perfect 3-4 years later, and they grow with my fat ass.

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:34 pm $200 in jeans. Pricey, but my first pair from this brand is still perfect 3-4 years later, and they grow with my fat ass.

:shock:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Just bought a new, unlocked Moto G6 phone from Best Buy's website. It was on sale for $109 + $40 activation fee from Verizon. A couple months ago I somehow broke the glass in front of the camera lens so pictures were coming out no bueno.
So far I'm liking the new phone. It's incrementally better than the old one (Moto G4) but the battery improvement is :amaze: . After a full day of using it I still have 50-60% battery life left without needing a mid-day charge. My old one would need to be on the charger driving to and from work and it would still be down to like 8% at the end of the day.
It's definitely nothing fancy but at 64g it's got twice as much storage as my old phone.

Last edited by wap on Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:43 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:34 pm $200 in jeans. Pricey, but my first pair from this brand is still perfect 3-4 years later, and they grow with my fat ass.

Believe it or not I think they've actually saved me money. I wouldn't be shocked if my waist is 2" larger than when I bought them and they still stretch to fit me. So I've saved by not having to buy bigger jeans :lolol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

wap wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:43 am

:dat:

$40-50 per pair max...
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:49 am Just bought a new, unlocked Moto G6 phone from Best Buy's website. It was on sale for $109 + $40 activation fee from Verizon. A couple months ago I somehow broke the glass in front of the camera lens so pictures were coming out no bueno.
So far I'm liking the new phone. It's incrementally better than the old one (Moto G4) but the battery improvement is :amaze: . After a full day of using it I still have 50-60% battery life left without needing a mid-day charge. My old one would need to be on the charger driving to and from work and it would still be down to like 8% at the end of the day.
It's definitely nothing fancy but at 64g it's got twice as much storage as my old phone.

*High five from the only other Moto user left in the world*
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:50 am
wap wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:49 am Just bought a new, unlocked Moto G6 phone from Best Buy's website. It was on sale for $109 + $40 activation fee from Verizon. A couple months ago I somehow broke the glass in front of the camera lens so pictures were coming out no bueno.

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I was a diehard Moto user until the Pixel 3a came out. We had Moto X4's previously, and they were great for about a year, then started getting super buggy. Was sad to off them, but the Pixel is SO much better.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:29 am

I was a diehard Moto user until the Pixel 3a came out. We had Moto X4's previously, and they were great for about a year, then started getting super buggy. Was sad to off them, but the Pixel is SO much better.
I've only had Moto since the OG Droid :mindblown: I had the X with walnut back cover, X2 with red leather :jimp: and now two Moto Z Force models with the 3 year warranty against screen cracking and Dem MODS
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:37 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:29 am
I've only had Moto since the OG Droid :mindblown: I had the X with walnut back cover, X2 with red leather :jimp: and now two Moto Z Force models with the 3 year warranty against screen cracking and Dem MODS
My first phone was a moto flip phone. Then when the Razr came out, I got that. Then that turned into an OG Droid, then that the rebooted Razr (which was pretty :neat: at the time), then the first X, then an X2, then the X4. Was kind of sad to leave, but that X4 was rather :flaccid:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:19 pm

My first phone was a moto flip phone. Then when the Razr came out, I got that. Then that turned into an OG Droid, then that the rebooted Razr (which was pretty :neat: at the time), then the first X, then an X2, then the X4. Was kind of sad to leave, but that X4 was rather :flaccid:
My first smart phone was a Razr, too, then I switched to the G series. No idea what the difference(s) is/are between the X's and the G's, :doe:. Do you?
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:37 pm
My first smart phone was a Razr, too, then I switched to the G series. No idea what the difference(s) is/are between the X's and the G's, :doe:. Do you?
I think they've mostly abandoned X...replaced with G from what I can tell.
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:54 pm
wap wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Their website still shows Z's, X's, G's, and E's. No idea what Z and G is, :doe: :iono:
All phones

Motorola One Moto Z Moto X Moto G Moto E Compare phones
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:54 pm
Their website still shows Z's, X's, G's, and E's. No idea what Z and G is, :doe: :iono:
All phones

Motorola One Moto Z Moto X Moto G Moto E Compare phones
It does...but they haven't updated the Moto X in ages.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Kids... :D

My first cellphone was an Alpine in-car unit, but my first portable was the Motorola Microtac Lite and then Ultra Lite. All were analog and had the best call sound quality compared to anything today.

Fun fact, the Ultra Light was the first cell phone with a vibrating ringer.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:14 pm

Kids... :D

My first cellphone was an Alpine in-car unit, but my first portable was the Motorola Microtac Lite and then Ultra Lite. All were analog and had the best call sound quality compared to anything today.

Fun fact, the Ultra Light was the first cell phone with a vibrating ringer.
I remember my dad buying my mom a Microtac for "emergencies". She didn't trust it and never used it. Then he got a StarTAC for work and I remember how :mindblown: it was that the tiny thing was a phone.

I didn't get my first cell phone until college. I've always hated talking on the phone and never wanted one. Funny thing is, I still hate talking on the phone and barely do now. A lot of that has to do with how horrible the sound quality is and how difficult it is to hear people. I hate it.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:03 pm
wap wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:00 pm

Z is the one you can stick things to the back of. Like a JBL speaker, projector, 5g adapter, zoom camera etc.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:03 pm
Z is the one you can stick things to the back of. Like a JBL speaker, projector, 5g adapter, zoom camera etc.
I always thought that was a neat concept. I wonder how they work in practice?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:31 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:23 pm

I've had a Z for the last 3 years and I literally keep the speaker on all the time, as the phone is too thin to hold onto. The screen on my "Force" model has yet to crack after at least 200 drops onto concrete or asphalt. I can't tell you how much the speaker comes in handy while using GPS in a vehicle that doesn't have any aux/bt etc. You can hear the directions and still have the radio on or be talking to someone. It was a life saver the second time I was in Dubai as they changed all the road names from the year prior and they weren't updated in maps so hearing TURN NOW or whatever saved my ass.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:31 pm
I've had a Z for the last 3 years and I literally keep the speaker on all the time, as the phone is too thin to hold onto. The screen on my "Force" model has yet to crack after at least 200 drops onto concrete or asphalt. I can't tell you how much the speaker comes in handy while using GPS in a vehicle that doesn't have any aux/bt etc. You can hear the directions and still have the radio on or be talking to someone. It was a life saver the second time I was in Dubai as they changed all the road names from the year prior and they weren't updated in maps so hearing TURN NOW or whatever saved my ass.
How's the speaker sound playing music? We use our phones to play music often, and the built-in speakers are...not great.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:37 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:35 pm

How's the speaker sound playing music? We use our phones to play music often, and the built-in speakers are...not great.
Better than a regular phone speaker but not Bluetooth speaker good. Two 27mm speakers at 3W each. It does have its own battery which is nice. Can charge on/off the phone, and be powered by the phone if it's battery dies.