Dramatic Downsizing - Dafuq Do I Doit?

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:19 pm After some anguish we're putting in a low-ish offer on this one:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... 200#photo0

It's got a decent attached garage, about 24x19 feet. Doesn't "need" anything and there's a (non-vehicular) path available where the wife can walk 0.5 miles to the office if she feels like it vs driving the 1.5 miles around on the regular road. WAY the fuck more money than the smaller options or apartments, on the order of $1200/mo, and is more like 4-5 miles to :rudy: downtown stuff but fuck it. That's more incentive to work harder to get jobs in a better location ASAP. :wasteful: :wasteful: :wasteful:

:waiting:
:bruh: Thats the.... :fullretard: option .... its not even that nice, and way too big for 2 people..... you heating bill with vinyl siding is going to be atrocious....

:thisisfine: :thisisfine: :thisisfine: :thisisfine: :thisisfine: :thisisfine: :thisisfine: :thisisfine: :thisisfine:
:thisisfine: :gonbgud: :gonbgud: :gonbgud: :gonbgud: :gonbgud: :gonbgud: :gonbgud: :thisisfine:
:thisisfine: :gonbgud: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :gonbgud: :thisisfine:
:thisisfine: :gonbgud: :popcorn: :wasteful: :wasteful: :wasteful: :popcorn: :gonbgud: :thisisfine:
:thisisfine: :gonbgud: :popcorn: :wasteful: :mahtroy: :wasteful: :popcorn: :gonbgud: :thisisfine:
:thisisfine: :gonbgud: :popcorn: :wasteful: :wasteful: :wasteful: :popcorn: :gonbgud: :thisisfine:
:thisisfine: :gonbgud: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :gonbgud: :thisisfine:
:thisisfine: :gonbgud: :gonbgud: :gonbgud: :gonbgud: :gonbgud: :gonbgud: :gonbgud: :thisisfine:
:thisisfine: :thisisfine: :thisisfine: :thisisfine: :thisisfine: :thisisfine: :thisisfine: :thisisfine: :thisisfine:
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Oh man this went from living poverty lyfe inside town for maximum mobility to buying at the top of the market cost in a giant house outside of the town with $10k in property taxes per year and due for reassessment in a stale retail market.

Holy shit.

:popcorn:

It looks like a nice house to me. I'd probably want radiators but meh. Vinyl, whatever, you won't need to service it at least. Garage is great.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

This is the single largest :alpo: move I've seen, second only the :alpo: #1 getting the fancy pastarocket with 4 fellatios in the back seat.

:mahtroy: needs :troyluck: to be redefined.

1. wife is bread winner
2. has nice things
3. travels to fancy countries
4. works from home
5. given a chunk of money from inlaws
6. still unhappy.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Just heard back that they don't want to budge on price, we might :nope: out on that shit.

We really don't want to live in NY, getting a better place might be making it too comfortable on a daily basis to provide the urgency needed to get the fuck out of there. Cheapass place that is :disgust: in daily life could be more motivating. :iono:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:55 am Just heard back that they don't want to budge on price, we might :nope: out on that shit.

We really don't want to live in NY, getting a better place might be making it too comfortable on a daily basis to provide the urgency needed to get the fuck out of there. Cheapass place that is :disgust: in daily life could be more motivating. :iono:
yea, due :nope: the fuck out on that shit
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:55 am Just heard back that they don't want to budge on price, we might :nope: out on that shit.

Not if you're like me, apparently :hai: :sad:
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:32 pm

yea, due :nope: the fuck out on that shit
The fax is not wrong on this juan
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:37 pm

Your other half actually wants to stay :doe: and even you seem to like the city itself if not that particular house. The wife and I disagree on where we'd like to end up, but neither of us has any long term interest in NY.

I'm kind of hoping that we can get decent jobs somewhere like Nashville in 2-3 years. Better weather and no income tax == good place to :scrooge: for a decade and retire to a progressive utopia.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:53 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:37 pm

Your other half actually wants to stay :doe: and even you seem to like the city itself if not that particular house. The wife and I disagree on where we'd like to end up, but neither of us has any long term interest in NY.

I'm kind of hoping that we can get decent jobs somewhere like Nashville in 2-3 years. Better weather and no income tax == good place to :scrooge: for a decade and retire to a progressive utopia.
Nashville area is pretty nice! Lots of great stuff in that city as well. I like this plan.
troyguitar

Yeah, fuck it. Her parents don't live in the real world and haven't since the 80s, upon ignoring their bubble-minded influence it's clear that a $300k place with maybe 2% per year upside and 4.3% interest plus $1000 a fucking month in taxes is :fullretard: :nope:

This one is the compromise between the epic :pinshit: palace and the beige :bobble: bubble.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... 172#photo0
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

5/7 would live in Nashville.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

"Newer" is actually a meaningless :dillerman: style term that is always technically true. The roof is 12 years old, furnace and ac are also "newer" relative to the :haus: but not actually new. The place is cheap :doe: and has proper hardwood with central air and a serviceable 11x23 garage.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:21 am Yeah, fuck it. Her parents don't live in the real world and haven't since the 80s, upon ignoring their bubble-minded influence it's clear that a $300k place with maybe 2% per year upside and 4.3% interest plus $1000 a fucking month in taxes is :fullretard: :nope:

This one is the compromise between the epic :pinshit: palace and the beige :bobble: bubble.

Sweet, bedrooms for the parents to sleep in!

Take the corp money, parent gift money and live mortgage free. I'd offer $115 if my wife and I both agreed that this is the one.

Save ALL of your rent/car expenses and put it in a steady growth high interest account until you're ready to live in another part of the world.

Turo if/when you need two cars, heck grab an R8 one weekend and autocross it!
troyguitar

Tarspin wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:13 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:21 am Yeah, fuck it. Her parents don't live in the real world and haven't since the 80s, upon ignoring their bubble-minded influence it's clear that a $300k place with maybe 2% per year upside and 4.3% interest plus $1000 a fucking month in taxes is :fullretard: :nope:

Take the corp money, parent gift money and live mortgage free. I'd offer $115 if my wife and I both agreed that this is the one.

Save ALL of your rent/car expenses and put it in a steady growth high interest account until you're ready to live in another part of the world.

:notsure:

If we took all of our equity from the current :haus: and all of the :alpo: contributions combined with some of our semi-liquid savings, we could just barely pay cash for that place but have almost nothing available for either investment or repairs/emergencies... or we could get a 15 year mortgage at 3.7%ish interest and pay only $750/mo (plus $500/mo in taxes but those always have to be paid) with $25k down and take $100k to Vegas i.e. mutual funds.

Turo also doesn't really exist when the town population is 11000 and most of them are poor. Hertz might have a Versa SV available.

https://turo.com/search?country=US&defa ... me=10%3A00

:eeyore:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:34 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:13 pm

:notsure:

If we took all of our equity from the current :haus: and all of the :alpo: contributions combined with some of our semi-liquid savings, we could just barely pay cash for that place but have almost nothing available for either investment or repairs/emergencies... or we could get a 15 year mortgage at 3.7%ish interest and pay only $750/mo (plus $500/mo in taxes but those always have to be paid) with $25k down and take $100k to Vegas i.e. mutual funds.

Turo also doesn't really exist when the town population is 11000 and most of them are poor. Hertz might have a Versa SV available.

https://turo.com/search?country=US&defa ... me=10%3A00

:eeyore:
I am a poor financial advisor, admittedly so but if it were me I'd pay the bitch off and sit on a line of credit to use in case of emergencies, gambling that there won't be a need to dip in. That way I would be sitting at ground zero but would save the mortgage interest which would help me put away real cash.

I'm totally :wrong: always but it is the way I roll, always have. Buy property, and ditch the bank ASAP. I'll be doing that on my second property aggressively as well.

Re Turo... :disgust:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:38 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:24 am 5/7 would live in Nashville.
TN is ideal.
According to 1/2 the forum its the best state in the country. Yet nobody lives there. :notsure:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:35 pm

TN is ideal.
According to 1/2 the forum its the best state in the country. Yet nobody lives there. :notsure:
I'm not talking bumfuck TN by the TOTD, but the opposite corner of the state. Nashville is a rapidly expanding metropolis full of insufficient infrastructure and overpriced but not SF/NYC/Toronto/Vancouver 7-figures-for-a-shack housing, with some actual decent jobs available combined with decent weather and minimal taxes. I see it as a great place to work for 10 years before moving away.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

TN is ideal.
Landlocked state. :notsure: about living there.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:38 pm

Need to be able to phone in your job.

Not much in terms of industry there. But gorgeous state and ideal clime.
Right. I look for opportunities there constantly and come up with nothing. Would absolutely move to Nashville if I could find a job there.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:25 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:38 pm

Need to be able to phone in your job.

Not much in terms of industry there. But gorgeous state and ideal clime.
Right. I look for opportunities there constantly and come up with nothing. Would absolutely move to Nashville if I could find a job there.
Need to learn how to play the banjo brah.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:25 pm
Need to learn how to play the banjo brah.
It's on my to-do list.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:35 pm
It's on my to-do list.
Ellis Juan's Mountain Hooch.
That's a solid moonshine brand name. :notbad:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:notbad: overall but I'm confused about the 5th pic of a room that appears to have 2 beds and a sofa in it. What room is that supposed to be? I mean, I know it's irrelevant to the purchase decision, I'm just :wtf: is all.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:51 am "Newer" is actually a meaningless :dillerman: style term that is always technically true. The roof is 12 years old, furnace and ac are also "newer" relative to the :haus: but not actually new. The place is cheap :doe: and has proper hardwood with central air and a serviceable 11x23 garage.
and a hobit trail to a trailer :notbad:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

pull that cord :mahtroy:

:nope: in pride.

can you still collect on the :alpo: if you make a wiser choice?