Florida Man Cometh

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

It's official, I have a GARAGE and it's 80 degrees out... while we were signing the final papers today it was snowing all day in Hoth.

:fuckyeah: :carlton: :thisisfine: :sweaty:

Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:54 pm It's official, I have a GARAGE and it's 80 degrees out... while we were signing the final papers today it was snowing all day in Hoth.

:fuckyeah: :carlton: :thisisfine: :sweaty:

That the new place??

:fuckyeah: Troy!! So happy for you dude!
troyguitar

Yep, got the keys at noon. Now I'm waiting for the cable guy. The place needs a bunch of random little things on closer inspection but that's to be expected. A few things were also unexpectedly nice, like the fridge is brand new.

It's weird to have a :haus: but no tools or furniture, I'm sitting on the porch in a beach chair debating buying some tools to be able to work on stuff before the movers come (7-14 days from now).

It's just now starting to feel real. I keep waiting to wake up in the cold again.
Apex

:megusta: enjoy it Troy! It’s been a long time coming.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Just wait till you've got zero space due to car parts. That's where I'm currently at.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:06 pm Yep, got the keys at noon. Now I'm waiting for the cable guy. The place needs a bunch of random little things on closer inspection but that's to be expected. A few things were also unexpectedly nice, like the fridge is brand new.

It's weird to have a :haus: but no tools or furniture, I'm sitting on the porch in a beach chair debating buying some tools to be able to work on stuff before the movers come (7-14 days from now).

It's just now starting to feel real. I keep waiting to wake up in the cold again.
I bought a little tool kit from Ikea for $5 years ago. Screwdriver with a bunch of heads, adjustable wrench, pliers, and hammer. It's small enough to keep in the laundry room, and I use that thing nearly every fucking day for random fixes.

Point is, it's probably worth buying a little toolkit to keep in the house. You'll use it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Also, that garage will make a 5/7 bike shop.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah: :mahtroy:

Time to leave the :eeyore: in your rear view mirror.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I hope you still have the Toyota, slap some nice summers on that bad boy.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

[user not found] wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:05 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:07 pm I hope you still have the Toyota, slap some nice summers on that bad boy.
Long gone.
:sad:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Congrats @mahtroy, it's cold AF here RN and we are inan enforced stay at home order. I'm :jelly: , but really happy for you! Good luck with the new home 👍
troyguitar

We weren't going to paint right away, so our stuff is being delivered this weekend... but then we decided to paint too so I'll probably be up for the next 48 hours. :thisisfine:

Lots of other random old :haus: shit to deal with but most of it will wait until I have my tools here. Image
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I have to ask.

Pink?
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar

Melon wrote:I have to ask.

Pink?
Pale pink bedroom, pale purple common areas, teal bathroom. The pink and purple are pretty much gray depending on the lighting. Beats the hell out of the dirty beige/yellow/green stuff that was here.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:57 pm
Melon wrote:I have to ask.

Pink?
Pale pink bedroom, pale purple common areas, teal bathroom. The pink and purple are pretty much gray depending on the lighting. Beats the hell out of the dirty beige/yellow/green stuff that was here.
Right on, I like that light you have in the middle of the room.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar

Melon wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:57 pm Pale pink bedroom, pale purple common areas, teal bathroom. The pink and purple are pretty much gray depending on the lighting. Beats the hell out of the dirty beige/yellow/green stuff that was here.
Right on, I like that light you have in the middle of the room.
:word:

It's almost too bright. Husky 5000 lumen 360-degree picked up this morning from the home despot. Works great for this especially since there are very few built-in lights in the house, plus it's a type of tool that I didn't already own so I don't feel bad about buying it as a temporary measure.
troyguitar

Step into my office.

It's going to be awhile until a car can go in this garage (if ever)... We really live in Florida now though! :sweaty:ImageImage
Apex

:fuckyeah:

I can feel the excitement/relief all the way up here bro. :highfive:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

How far from the Indy/SST race are you?
troyguitar

CaleDeRoo wrote:How far from the Indy/SST race are you?
We heard the cars when the first practice started at 8AM on Friday, didn't have time to go check it out but it's around 2 miles due East.

I really wanted to check out the :truk: race, hopefully they'll be back next year.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:36 pm
We heard the cars when the first practice started at 8AM on Friday, didn't have time to go check it out but it's around 2 miles due East.

I really wanted to check out the :truk: race, hopefully they'll be back next year.
They've been there the last few years I'm sure you'll get your chance.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

troyguitar wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:36 pm

Lots of Drag strips down there..... I used to hit Palm Beach International Raceway every once in a while. Fun.
troyguitar

Moving this from the other thread:

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:33 am I'm still struggling with living in a tiny house with 2 people and hobbies. No idea how to lay this thing out yet. Apparently the garage is not going to hold the car. :doomed:
:butwhy: get a shed for the shit outside
Dunno about you but we have a ton of stuff in the garage that really shouldn't be outside (washer, dryer, water heater, bikes and bike parts/tools, guitar woodworking parts/tools, regular mechanics tools, "winter" clothes, camping stuff...) plus no real space for a shed anyway. We're not in a mansion on a hill, it's a tiny :haus: in the hood.

Outdoor space:

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:30 pm Moving this from the other thread:

max225 wrote:
:butwhy: get a shed for the shit outside
Dunno about you but we have a ton of stuff in the garage that really shouldn't be outside (washer, dryer, water heater, bikes and bike parts/tools, guitar woodworking parts/tools, regular mechanics tools, "winter" clothes, camping stuff...) plus no real space for a shed anyway. We're not in a mansion on a hill, it's a tiny :haus: in the hood.

Outdoor space:

Is there space behind the house?
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Looks like a tropical paradise to me...... time to get used to green scaly things instead of brown and gray furry things....