Florida Man Cometh

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

That is behind the house. On the right is the attached garage. In theory I could do a small lean-to between the garage and the concrete ramp if I delete the handrail, but I really don't have much to put in there so it's low priority. 2 ladders and some shovels/rakes.

Figuring out an interior layout is the bigger problem by far. Creating an office and a music studio on top of regular sleeping/living space isn't easy. We're especially short on conditioned storage. There's no pantry or coat closet for example, nowhere to put most things without adding some kind of cabinets/chests/shelves.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Irish wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:40 pm Looks like a tropical paradise to me...... time to get used to green scaly things instead of brown and gray furry things....
One great investment we made when we moved in down there was a screen room. The HOA hired a company that sprayed the living shit out of the development we were in which reduced the insect population but it certainly didn't eliminate it...

I think some towns did their own thing With spraying too...... Ymmv
Last edited by Irish on Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar

Our 1000 sq ft is really a 2 bed 1 bath 750 sq ft house with a finished/enclosed front porch and breezeway between the :haus: and garage, so those spaces are challenging to utilize.

The porch is a narrow (6 ft front to back) fishbowl and the breezeway has doors on 3 sides plus a big window on the full length of the 4th.
troyguitar

Irish wrote:
Irish wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:40 pm Looks like a tropical paradise to me...... time to get used to green scaly things instead of brown and gray furry things....
One great investment we made when we moved in down there was a screen room. The HOA hired a company that sprayed the living shit out of the development we were in which reduced the insect population but it certainly didn't eliminate it...

I think some towns did their own thing With spraying too...... Ymmv
I've started doing some bug spraying but yeah I might end up screening in the back deck. Right now it's really not usable after about 5 PM. We're going to try fans and torches first though, especially since the fans are needed anyway.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:34 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:30 pm Moving this from the other thread:

Dunno about you but we have a ton of stuff in the garage that really shouldn't be outside (washer, dryer, water heater, bikes and bike parts/tools, guitar woodworking parts/tools, regular mechanics tools, "winter" clothes, camping stuff...) plus no real space for a shed anyway. We're not in a mansion on a hill, it's a tiny :haus: in the hood.

Outdoor space:

Wait, washer and dryer are in the garage?

:wat:
A common event in places where it doesn't freeze.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:40 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:34 pm

Wait, washer and dryer are in the garage?

:wat:
A common event in places where it doesn't freeze.
That’s how mine was growing up.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:40 pm A common event in places where it doesn't freeze.
I am unfamiliar with places that don't freeze. Image
We also don't have basements so it's the only semi-reasonable place for them. I've even seen a few houses with laundry out on the back porch.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Yeah, our washer and drier are in the kitchen because we don't have garages or basements here.

Welcome to tiny house in the hood life :mahman: ! It is a good life.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:51 pm Yeah, our washer and drier are in the kitchen because we don't have garages or basements here.

Though some may turn up their nose at the concept, I always thought having w/d in the kitchen would be :notbad:. Throw in a load of laundry, pop a cold one. Unless you have one of these palaces of streamlined granite and stainless, the Kitchen is just a workspace in many instances, why not put another workspace in the same place.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote:
D Griff wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:51 pm Yeah, our washer and drier are in the kitchen because we don't have garages or basements here.

Though some may turn up their nose at the concept, I always thought having w/d in the kitchen would be :notbad:. Throw in a load of laundry, pop a cold one. Unless you have one of these palaces of streamlined granite and stainless, the Kitchen is just a workspace in many instances, why not put another workspace in the same place.
This works when your kitchen is more than 8x7 feet. :jalepenis:

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:35 pm

It's quite common to find the washer/dryer (often combined into one machine) in European kitchens or bathrooms.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:43 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
This works when your kitchen is more than 8x7 feet. :jalepenis:

I understand your outdoor space isn't too huge either, but with those size limitations I would dropping some serious coin on an outdoor cooking area/sink.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:35 pm

Yeah the wife wanted to get :nice: units because they are out on display basically, so we did and it is :notbad: She seems to be continually slightly :triggered: by it, kind of like how I am about the lack of garage. One nice thing about having a ranch though, laundry is always on the same floor as everything else.

We know this rich family that renovated their house - they put one washer/drier in the laundry room downstairs and a second set in the master bedroom closet. That is some true flexing, owning multiple laundry machines.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Getting our washing machine up to the second floor was an absolute bitch. That things is a UNIT and heavier than any machine I've ever moved before.