Have you refinanced during the 'VID?

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:34 pm
Acid666 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:20 pm

It's literally just a couple of clicks to freeze it. I froze all 3 after that Equifax bullshit a couple of years ago.
You can lock it down, or you can open it up for a window with a date range. I gave these refinance people a 60 day window and they surpassed that.
One of them you might have to pay a few bucks for, but Equifax and Transunion were free.
Do you just go to each credit reporting authority website to do this?
Yeah. Just go, login, create an account if you haven't. Freeze is usually an option on the front page. If you don't see it, just search for it in their internal search. I keep mine locked because I rarely open new accounts. So if I did, or if I wanted to get approved for a car or something, I'd just go and open it for a couple of weeks... Or manually do it and close when I'm done.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Acid666 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:34 pm
Do you just go to each credit reporting authority website to do this?
Yeah. Just go, login, create an account if you haven't. Freeze is usually an option on the front page. If you don't see it, just search for it in their internal search. I keep mine locked because I rarely open new accounts. So if I did, or if I wanted to get approved for a car or something, I'd just go and open it for a couple of weeks... Or manually do it and close when I'm done.
Yep, I agree. I almost never open new accounts, so the extra step of locking and unlocking when I want is really NBD. I'm going to work on this.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:34 am
Acid666 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:52 am New hurdle! I set a freeze window on my credit, Transunion was still open, but Experian wasn't. They had WEEKS to chek my credit before the window ran out and it defaulted back to frozen. They actually pinged my Transunion on Monday. Yesterday, late in the day I get this email.

So I went to undo it. And saw the option to keep it locked but give a single use pin to a creditor. I decided to go this route to give them a quick shiv to the kidneys and hope that it irks them a little bit. Part of me is hoping that it doesn't work so I can open it up but then give them a reason to bitch.
In my email giving them the pin, which was short, I ended it with a stern "Let me know when we can finally get this closed out and completed."
Simple and to the point... Get your asses together people.
Interesting. I know nothing about locking credit other than the last time I looked into it, it required calling people and fees and whatnot. Sounds like that's changed? I wish credit would default to locked and you had to give authorization to have a report run...just like you did.
After the Equifax scandal a few years ago I believe you can lock it through the website of each bureau.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Acid666

I closed out my final shit Monday with the notary. Took nearly 4 months. Started Sept 9th. And closed Feb 1st. Nearly 5 months.
So glad to finally have the shit finished.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Acid666 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:55 pm I closed out my final shit Monday with the notary. Took nearly 4 months. Started Sept 9th. And closed Feb 1st. Nearly 5 months.
:impressive:

Congrats on closing finally! Interest rates were in your favor, fortunately.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:30 pm
Acid666 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:55 pm I closed out my final shit Monday with the notary. Took nearly 4 months. Started Sept 9th. And closed Feb 1st. Nearly 5 months.
:impressive:

Congrats on closing finally! Interest rates were in your favor, fortunately.
:dat:
Glad that shit is finally behind you. :fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Acid666

Hey kids! Do you like surveys!?!!?? I fucking love the fuck out of them.
Here's my response to Aimloan's survey on how they handled my refinance. Get your reading glasses!

4. If we could change one thing to serve you better, what would it be?
The response time was atrocious for getting things moving. I completely understand getting hammered by people en masse all applying for refinances during this troubling time. But let me paint a picture of the delays I had to deal with. I was expecting for this process to take about a couple of months tops. I'm a patient person, but if I would of known that this would of dragged out for nearly 5 months, I would of gotten multiple quotes from other companies and weighed my financing options. The ONLY reason I stuck with the process was because Aimloan was highly recommended by a friend, and I was under the impression that at every step of the way we were that much closer to closing out. But every time I thought we were progressing I was hit with new information needed, or a pop up disaster inspection, or a "Oh wait we need 2 more bank statements because we actually had to run your credit for this month and not last month" (due to all of the delays).

9-7-2020: Original date refinance was applied for.
9-8-2020: Automated response from Kelly Hanninen going over Aimloan 7-step process
No response for 9 days

9-17-2020: "Hi Kelly. I was just checking on the status on this submittal and wondering if you were waiting for anything on my end. "No response received

9-22-2020: Email from Shana "Hi Barrett,
I’m following up on the application you made with AimLoan.com for a refinance mortgage. Will you please send me a quick email with a status update?"
9-22-2020: My immediate response "Currently there's no update as I haven't gotten any correspondance yet. I received the first email from Kelly Hanninen (NMLS #:871080) on September 8th detailing the 7 step process. I hadn't heard from her so I sent a follow up email on Sept 17th along with a phone call but I wasn't able to get in touch with her.
I am still interested in refinancing, so let me know what you need from me on my end and we can go from there.
I appreciate the response"

9-25-2020: Still no response from my email, so I followed up again "Shana, I tried a couple of times to get in touch with you but your voice mailbox is full and not able to take in new messages.
Feel free to give me a shout when you can"

23 days of no response from my response to Shana "checking in" on my status

Next response is from Breanna Knight
10-16-2020: Confirm vesting on title
10-16-2020: My response Breanna, you can proceed with it as is. No changes."

Breanna and I trade emails from 10-16-2020 to 11-3-2020. It is then pushed to the underwriting queue and I'm told it should take about 3 weeks until she receives it back.

11-12-2020: File is received back from underwriter. Breanna asks for some more info, 2 bank statements, last check stub, etc
11-17-2020: Breanna says my pay stub is too low for a debt/income ratio. Says we can push paperwork aside until I get my next check, which should be higher.

12-6-2020: I submit a new check stub and 2 bank statments.
12-9-2020: I don't hear anything from Breanna, so I send a follow-up

A full 9 days later I finally get a response, along with finding out that I've got to pass a Disaster Inspection, which was missed in all of our other conversations.
12-15-2020: "Hi Barrett, I did thank you. I apologize I was in trainings last week and was unable to get to my emails."
12-22-2020: Disaster Inspection is ordered

12-29-2020: Disaster Inspection comes back good to go, but I'm asked to sign a separate email saying that the property is not for sale, and I'm asked to provide two more bank statements.
12-29-2020: 2 new bank statements are provided
12-29-2020: Appraisal Waiver signed

12-30-2020: Changed Circumstance - LE Disclosure Dated
12-30-2020: All paperwork signed

1-11-2021: Breanna asks "Dear Barrett:
I apologize the underwriter is asking for 12 months history of payments on your HELOC since it isnt showing up on your credit report. I apologize they did not ask for this last time they reviewed. As well as a copy of the promissory note. Everything else on your file has been approved pending these. For the 12 months proof of payments this can be cancelled checks, bank statements or an account history from Lafayette public trust."
1-12-2021: Heloc payment history provided along with Promissory note

1-13-2021 - 1-19-2021: Credit report is frozen and had to be opened up to run.

1-25-2021: Loan final approval
1-27-2021: Closing Disclosure submitted, I question the cash to close needed ($2,371.78), as I had asked Breanna on November 12th to roll this in with closing.
1-27-2021: Breanna asks if Wells Fargo has paid my insurance premium in December when it was due. If they did then $1,506 will be removed from the prepaids section which would lower my cash to close to about $765
1-27-2021: I submit Wells Fargos insurance payment and agree that I can afford $765 in cash to close and it is not needed to be rolled into the loan. What I do not understand is why this payment from Wells Fargo was not deducted originally in the closing paperwork and only noticed AFTER I mention the out of pocket closing costs.

1-29-2021: Signing date scheduled
Last edited by Acid666 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Holy balls. :dislike:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:impressive: Glad to hear the shit is finally behind you though!

Funny thing, months after starting this thread I think we are actually pulling el trigger on the refi.

Current setup $279k owed, purchase price was $327k, house is now worth $390k or so allegedly. We’re 1/30 years in, rate is 3.75% + $432/year PMI. Monthly payment is about $1750, I’ve been paying $2050.

Looks like we’re going to go for a 15 year at 2.25%. The payment will now be about $2200 so only a bit more than what I’ve been paying, even on a down income year in 2020, so I think we’ll be fine. Break even on the closing costs is only 14 months or so.

I’m sure 15 year is :wrong: but I’m pretty excited to pay down the debt faster. It makes me want to long haul it in this house, the idea of being mortgage/debt free at 47 is exhilarating.
Acid666

D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:38 am :impressive: Glad to hear the shit is finally behind you though!

Funny thing, months after starting this thread I think we are actually pulling el trigger on the refi.

Current setup $279k owed, purchase price was $327k, house is now worth $390k or so allegedly. We’re 1/30 years in, rate is 3.75% + $432/year PMI. Monthly payment is about $1750, I’ve been paying $2050.

Looks like we’re going to go for a 15 year at 2.25%. The payment will now be about $2200 so only a bit more than what I’ve been paying, even on a down income year in 2020, so I think we’ll be fine. Break even on the closing costs is only 14 months or so.

I’m sure 15 year is :wrong: but I’m pretty excited to pay down the debt faster. It makes me want to long haul it in this house, the idea of being mortgage/debt free at 47 is exhilarating.

I'd say that you made a good choice. I could of gone down to a 10 or 15 year. I think a 10 year would of put my mortgage only about $150 higher than it currently is, but I opted for the 20 year and saving about $150 a month with the option to pay more. We got dropped down to hourly plus a 20% pay cut (I took a 42% pay cut for the entire year for 2020), so I wanted to save money monthly rather than worry about coming up with more for a shorter mortgage. I went from 30 to 20, and I'm about 5 years in, so I basically cut 5 years out of it.

What's weird is my PMI is only $20 with this other company but it was $120 with my previous one. But my escrow is even more. I may try to pay that in cash at the beginning of the year if I can afford it, which basically is like paying an extra month or so of mortgage every year.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:38 am :impressive: Glad to hear the shit is finally behind you though!

:notwrong: 2.25% is free.com and being mortgage free is the path of the righteous man.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I don’t think the wife will want to be here long haul due to size and me due to car port, but at least we’ll have equity. Maybe we’ll decide to build on a garage and more sq. ft. rather than move too :iono: