Jefé's half a house

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Over the summer my partner and I bought a house.

Her first, my second. Three bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 2200ish square feet in the Parker Lane neighborhood about 4.5 miles from the city center. The house was built in 1963 and was a flip. We bought it completely renovated.

We're pretty happy; it is a beautiful place in a great location with a high probability of the neighborhood value going up. It has not come without frustration, however, as the company that renovated the place seemed to have spent very little of the supposed $125k they put into the house on quality labor. I am betting they got a lot of work done by picking up folks from the Home Depot about 1 mile from the house. Fuck that nonsense though because most of it is fixable in a straightforward fashion and none of it is near emergency level of need. We're enjoying that homeowner life by spending silly amounts of money on furniture and enjoying having a place to call ours.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Damn the inside looks niiiiiiiiiice. Perfect for R/C car drifting
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

[user not found] wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:58 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:57 pm Damn the inside looks niiiiiiiiiice. Perfect for R/C car drifting
Man, hobbies from a past life.

I've got so much R/C shit to get rid of.
R/C shit is so cool, but I can't put that much time/money into it.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

The open space interior and no carpet anywhere were big selling points. I'm pretty happy with the garage set up as well, just need some lighting improvements. I had the floors epoxy coated before we moved in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:neat:
welcome back
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:49 pm :neat:
welcome back
:hai:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Oh nice! I love the epoxy floors! Does the final coat contain sand to keep the surface from getting slick? How much? I likey!

Great looking place sir!
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Tarspin wrote:Oh nice! I love the epoxy floors! Does the final coat contain sand to keep the surface from getting slick? How much? I likey!

Great looking place sir!
Thanks! Yes it has color chips to make it less slippy and to the break up the expanse of gray. It was about $2k to have done. Four coats including clear. I had this done on the 3-car garage in my AZ house and I pretty much never want to own a home again without this.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:40 pm
stripethree wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:43 pm Over the summer my partner and I bought a house.

Her first, my second. Three bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 2200ish square feet in the Parker Lane neighborhood about 4.5 miles from the city center. The house was built in 1963 and was a flip. We bought it completely renovated.

We're pretty happy; it is a beautiful place in a great location with a high probability of the neighborhood value going up. It has not come without frustration, however, as the company that renovated the place seemed to have spent very little of the supposed $125k they put into the house on quality labor. I am betting they got a lot of work done by picking up folks from the Home Depot about 1 mile from the house. Fuck that nonsense though because most of it is fixable in a straightforward fashion and none of it is near emergency level of need. We're enjoying that homeowner life by spending silly amounts of money on furniture and enjoying having a place to call ours.
Austin has some :neat: places.

The interior looks :tits:

Dang, looks a ton like our house's interior, yours is just larger and nicer. https://www.zillow.com/homes/711-Rome-C ... 6783_zpid/

Congratulations, very :neat: :haus:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

D Griff wrote:
Dang, looks a ton like our house's interior, yours is just larger and nicer. https://www.zillow.com/homes/711-Rome-C ... 6783_zpid/

Congratulations, very :neat: :haus:
Thanks! There's definitely some similarities there. Damn near looks like it could be the same floor.