Wasteful tears apart the Pov Mahal

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:17 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:34 pm

Yeah. It was an idea, kind of makes teh most sense though, that way it doesn't intrude in the room. Reclaimed barn wood. Sliding metal thing. Live laugh love in distressed white.
Pocket door, doe?
Possibru but fewer pinshit points
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:25 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:43 pm

:whocares:

Let him light the money on fire and be happy.
Basically I think I'd be ok lighting some of this on fire, but if it's $30-40k to get the bathroom I wouldn't want it all to be for naught. Hopefully that would add value to the house but I have no way to know how much.
Doesn't adding a master bath to a 1 bathroom house bring it out of the fking dark ages? I would think it would add a TON of value. I get that you live IN CITY in Philly, but one tiny bathroom sucks the dedong and you could not pry money out of my wallet to remedy that shit fast enough.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:35 pm

Basically I think I'd be ok lighting some of this on fire, but if it's $30-40k to get the bathroom I wouldn't want it all to be for naught. Hopefully that would add value to the house but I have no way to know how much.
Doesn't adding a master bath to a 1 bathroom house bring it out of the fking dark ages? I would think it would add a TON of value. I get that you live IN CITY in Philly, but one tiny bathroom sucks the dedong and you could not pry money out of my wallet to remedy that shit fast enough.
Now imagine the one bathroom being so tiny you sit sideways on the toilet. And then the toilet paper sticks to teh side of the bowl because you're sitting sideways and dropping not into the water so you have to use the little scrubby brush every single :poop: just to move the paper down the bowl.

:mahman:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Now imagine the one bathroom being so tiny you sit sideways on the toilet. And then the toilet paper sticks to teh side of the bowl because you're sitting sideways and dropping not into the water so you have to use the little scrubby brush every single :poop: just to move the paper down the bowl.

Graphic illustration is graphic. Even further ammo for this already no brainer decision.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

At least we now know that Mr. and Mrs. Wasteful aren’t part of the group of weirdos who throw used toilet paper in the trash instead of flushing it.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

SAWCE wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:04 pm At least we now know that Mr. and Mrs. Wasteful aren’t part of the group of weirdos who throw used toilet paper in the trash instead of flushing it.
It fills up the hole faster, that way I don't have to dig another outhouse pit so soon.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I don’t miss the days of having to dig up our septic tank with my dad as a kid. It somehow always seemed to happen the week or two leading up to Thanksgiving, rather than happening after thanksgiving as one might imagine it would :lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

If you see my post, it could actually PAY a 75% return. Just dont go full :troywax: on fixtures and 8 shower heads w/ steam option.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:bruh:

throw the entire house away and start over.

:disgust: no one deserves to shit on such an inadequate thrown.
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:23 pm

If you see my post, it could actually PAY a 75% return. Just dont go full :troywax: on fixtures and 8 shower heads w/ steam option.
It would have to be a high occupancy shower :doe:

:hubba:

That's HER requirement not mine per se.

:hubba:
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:24 pm

There is one good thing though. The toilet has the power of Moses at the Red Sea. It'll flush anything, the bitch has literally not clogged a single time since I've lived here. But it won't flush pooper mache stuck to the bowl :mahman:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:43 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:31 pm

:notsure:

I'm going on record saying that if you move forward with this it will end poorly for your pocket book.
:whocares:

Let him light the money on fire and be happy.
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:16 pm Here is a sketch

I vote for option 2 all the way. You'll really like your own private bathroom and it's got to add value to your :haus:

Would you still do the wardrobes too?
wap

Agreed.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I'm going to be different and say that converting the existing closet space into a full wall is cheap and easy DIY for 2k. I'd do that and argue that the upstairs is too small for another bedroom.

TBH, I'd sell and get another place with the space needs of a growing family. No guarantees that the added bathroom will get close enough to a 1:1 payout if the rooms start shrinking.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Ok so if moving isn't an option I'd look at spending 30k in the basement instead. Added bathroom and guest room/dog house sleep quarter where :wasteful: can jerk off in peace once in a while.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:32 pm Ok so if moving isn't an option I'd look at spending 30k in the basement instead. Added bathroom and guest room/dog house sleep quarter where :wasteful: can jerk off in peace once in a while.
This post made me laugh. The post of a combat veteran.
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:32 pm Ok so if moving isn't an option I'd look at spending 30k in the basement instead. Added bathroom and guest room/dog house sleep quarter where :wasteful: can jerk off in peace once in a while.
:lolol: make a masterbatorium?

The basement isn't half bad as is. I don't know how expensive it would be to finish the front half of it at least. We have plenty of lounging area though, don't really need more of that. Do need the closet space adjustment.
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:30 pm I'm going to be different and say that converting the existing closet space into a full wall is cheap and easy DIY for 2k. I'd do that and argue that the upstairs is too small for another bedroom.

TBH, I'd sell and get another place with the space needs of a growing family. No guarantees that the added bathroom will get close enough to a 1:1 payout if the rooms start shrinking.
What I couldn't show by drawing is the drywall shrine that's in between the two closets. Think curved at the top with a peak. I'd have to tear that wall out either way, lol, ain't nobody easily installing a closet there.

Shrinkage would be limited to lopping 2 ish feet off the master and 2+ ish feet off the center bedroom. I think I can wedge a small bathroom with shower in a 4' x 8' hole.
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:58 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:16 pm Here is a sketch

I vote for option 2 all the way. You'll really like your own private bathroom and it's got to add value to your :haus:

Would you still do the wardrobes too?
Yeah the wardrobes would happen either way. Not sure which wall they'd go on in option 2.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

also a value add for a possible basement apartment or VRBO.

hell, Reno that into the nice space?
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:19 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:24 pm

There is one good thing though. The toilet has the power of Moses at the Red Sea. It'll flush anything, the bitch has literally not clogged a single time since I've lived here. But it won't flush pooper mache stuck to the bowl :mahman:
just install a hose attachement for the washdown.

Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:33 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:26 pm

:lolol: make a masterbatorium?

The basement isn't half bad as is. I don't know how expensive it would be to finish the front half of it at least. We have plenty of lounging area though, don't really need more of that. Do need the closet space adjustment.
It was Colonel Wasteful, with the lube injector, in the masterbatorium.
Lube injector. Hm. Apple TV Gen 1 remote. :notbad:
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:31 pm
also a value add for a possible basement apartment or VRBO.

hell, Reno that into the nice space?
Possible but it’s the bike storage shed and general shit collection room. There is a lot of junk down there. One wall is all shelving racks and it’s loaded.

No VRBO or apartment. Not with insanity circus animals I have right now.

Wouldn’t be bad as a second living room for more activities. She never wants to be down there because it’s colder.

It also has a efflorescence problem. We tried neutralizing and sealing it but that shit didn’t work and it’s back with a vengeance. I did a lot of concrete patching. All for nothing. Some of it crumbled the concrete down to the base foundation stones. Yikes.
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:51 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:19 pm

just install a hose attachement for the washdown.

I have an idea how to spruce that jawn up but it’s complicated and would be really :notsure: space wise. I’d need to see it rendered in 3D.

Complication is she wants to keep the tub which is the right call but makes things a lot harder to manage.