Griffdog House Search

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:14 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:03 pm

:notbad:

Most appraisals I’ve seen came back to contract price, or lower if contract price was too high.
I set my offer letter (accepted) for the new gig to the lenders this morning... yo had me a little nervous with last week's comments.
With your base being higher you should be fine, especially since you mentioned it to them previously. Didn’t mean to make you nervous, just didn’t want any scares or issues while you sat at the closing table.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:19 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:14 pm

I set my offer letter (accepted) for the new gig to the lenders this morning... yo had me a little nervous with last week's comments.
With your base being higher you should be fine, especially since you mentioned it to them previously. Didn’t mean to make you nervous, just didn’t want any scares or issues while you sat at the closing table.
I definitely appreciate the heads up!
Apex

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:35 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:19 pm

I definitely appreciate the heads up!
:like:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:57 pm So things are coming along nicely. The inspection came back with very little to report. They are fixing a few plumbing things, there's a few things for me to do when we move in, all basically free and easy.

Pretty :excited: about the :haus: overall, the apartment really put some nice perspective on the living sitch and "appreciating having it good" as it hasn't suited us well.

House appraised at above what we paid by $7500 which is evidently uncommon, so that's nice.
:fuckyeah:
Good stuff, mang.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:57 pm So things are coming along nicely. The inspection came back with very little to report. They are fixing a few plumbing things, there's a few things for me to do when we move in, all basically free and easy.

Pretty :excited: about the :haus: overall, the apartment really put some nice perspective on the living sitch and "appreciating having it good" as it hasn't suited us well.

House appraised at above what we paid by $7500 which is evidently uncommon, so that's nice.
That's:neat: to get appraised over list, it looks like a great house for you and the misses!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Appraisals usually do come back at the contract price or less...unless you bought significantly under market. Our current house came back $10k over what we paid, our realtor was :mindblown: she said she's never seen it come back that high. The house we sold had some appriasal risk and came back right at contract price to the dollar (huge relief).

$7,500 is indeed :impressive: you should feel great about that...instant equity.

I really enjoy living in a house vs apt or anything with shared walls. With a (mostly) clean bill of health, I suspect you'll enjoy the ownershit experience as well. Start to dabble a bit in home repairs and :pinshit: and you can save substantial money while enjoying where you live. 5/7
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:04 am

Appraisals usually do come back at the contract price or less...unless you bought significantly under market. Our current house came back $10k over what we paid, our realtor was :mindblown: she said she's never seen it come back that high. The house we sold had some appriasal risk and came back right at contract price to the dollar (huge relief).

$7,500 is indeed :impressive: you should feel great about that...instant equity.

I really enjoy living in a house vs apt or anything with shared walls. With a (mostly) clean bill of health, I suspect you'll enjoy the ownershit experience as well. Start to dabble a bit in home repairs and :pinshit: and you can save substantial money while enjoying where you live. 5/7
I will definitely be dabbling due to :scrooge: . I don't like paying someone to do shit I can do on my own, it is also gratifying to successfully learn something new and implement it, just like working on cars. It's different from my day to day as a :dillerman: .

I don't hate sharing walls, but just having access to my own outdoor space and car shit is huge to me. This is what I'm most :excited: about.

THe :doge: thing is kind of :sad: :doe: , first fenced in yard ever and the :doge: dies right before.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Appraisals usually do come back at the contract price or less...unless you bought significantly under market. Our current house came back $10k over what we paid, our realtor was :mindblown: she said she's never seen it come back that high.
We got the same talk. But it was $60k higher than purchase price. :alpo:
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:39 am

Appraisals usually do come back at the contract price or less...unless you bought significantly under market. Our current house came back $10k over what we paid, our realtor was :mindblown: she said she's never seen it come back that high.
We got the same talk. But it was $60k higher than purchase price. :alpo:
:mindblown:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Closing on Tuesday :excited:

We aren't going to move until January as we have the apt. through the month and we are on the final countdown for ze wedding. I will likely start moving tools/car shit over there though, maybe working on the shed and stuff.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

D Griff wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:46 am Closing on Tuesday :excited:

We aren't going to move until January as we have the apt. through the month and we are on the final countdown for ze wedding. I will likely start moving tools/car shit over there though, maybe working on the shed and stuff.

Congrats
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

4zilch wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:31 am

Congrats
:dat:
:nice:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

4zilch wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:31 am

Congrats
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:15 am

Nice.

Also, good time to take care of any stuff is when you're not actually living in the :haus:

Plumbing, fixtures, floors, etc.

It's mostly pretty move in ready, I'd like to clean out the shed, clean the gutters, rake the lawn, install a garbage disposal, install a storm door, install an overhead fan/light in the carport. That's about it.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:16 am :dat:

It's mostly pretty move in ready, I'd like to clean out the shed, clean the gutters, rake the lawn, install a garbage disposal, install a storm door, install an overhead fan/light in the carport. That's about it.
Garbage disposal?

:butwhy:
:triggered:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:52 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:16 am

Garbage disposal?

Not having one is a huge pain in the ass... :haus: doesn't appear to have ever had one installed.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:06 am
[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:52 am

Garbage disposal?

Not having one is a huge pain in the ass... :haus: doesn't appear to have ever had one installed.
:notsure: what the benefits of a garbage disposal are over a regular trash can?
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:15 am
Apex wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:11 am

:notsure: what the benefits of a garbage disposal are over a regular trash can?
You get to spend time fixing something else. :lol:
He’s got a tab at Harry’s, so he overnights the parts from Japan. :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Jesus, have y'all ever had a garbage disposal? I've lived both with and without and it saves a ton of time, mess, and work. Also, your trash doesn't smell like ass immediately from having food in it.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Yeah garbage disposal is 5/7. Fixing them is easy on the rare occasion that they do break.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:44 am Jesus, have y'all ever had a garbage disposal? I've lived both with and without and it saves a ton of time, mess, and work. Also, your trash doesn't smell like ass immediately from having food in it.
I've never lived without one.

A lot of people also seem to prefer not having hoods over their stoves and not having air conditioning or (de)humidifiers too, dunno what everyone hates about having a clean and comfortable home...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:53 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:44 am Jesus, have y'all ever had a garbage disposal? I've lived both with and without and it saves a ton of time, mess, and work. Also, your trash doesn't smell like ass immediately from having food in it.
I've never lived without one.

A lot of people also seem to prefer not having hoods over their stoves and not having air conditioning or (de)humidifiers too, dunno what everyone hates about having a clean and comfortable home...

Soon to be in-laws don't have a dishwasher :wtf: and seem to just :aintcare: about adding one, they must have the means. Their house is messy and they just always use paper/plastic dishes and burn it all :thisisfine:
Apex

I’ve never had a garbage disposal that I know of. :iono:

Might be similar to a bidet and I don’t know what I’m missing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:00 pm
I’ve never had a garbage disposal that I know of. :iono:

Might be similar to a bidet and I don’t know what I’m missing.
They are pretty great.