Palatial Airboat Envy: Get Rich or Bankruptcy Tryin'

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:54 am :bread: update

Cliffs:

-Flagstar threw the loan into a dead end audit review ON the day we were cleared to close. We sat at the closing office for a few hours hoping to resolve it. nope, didnt happen.
-I got ZERO updates or ETA on when they could get us back to close for a full 7 days. They stalled and sat on thumbs. :rage: They are a massive corp with shit policies and some serious lack of urgency, empathy or respect for peoples time and money.

-On day 6 I went to a local lender that has a good reputation.

-Was super pissed and have written Flagstar off as an L. All money has been wired and sitting in holding acct at title place.

-We are paying utilities on future :haus:. We've given the seller/owner a $1500 non-refundable deposit. I've lost $500 on the initial appraisal and have had to order/buy another one.

-New lender says close on April 10th. All process looks great and smooth so far. They picked up and ran with it.

Rates dropped in the mix of all the :poop: Went from a 4.678% to a 4.125% which dropped my payment by $120/mo. :mindblown: :fuckyeah:

So the silver lining is we have a better lender on board. A better rate and lower note. They are also using wife's income, when flagstar wouldnt. Self employment sucks on financing. They worked with us and the 2018 filed tax returns showing she has made good money for the last year.
All you do is win.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:10 pm

Cliffs:

-Flagstar threw the loan into a dead end audit review ON the day we were cleared to close. We sat at the closing office for a few hours hoping to resolve it. nope, didnt happen.
-I got ZERO updates or ETA on when they could get us back to close for a full 7 days. They stalled and sat on thumbs. :rage: They are a massive corp with shit policies and some serious lack of urgency, empathy or respect for peoples time and money.

-Was super pissed and have written Flagstar off as an L. All money has been wired and sitting in holding acct at title place.

-We are paying utilities on future :haus:. We've given the seller/owner a $1500 non-refundable deposit. I've lost $500 on the initial appraisal and have had to order/buy another one.

-New lender says close on April 10th. All process looks great and smooth so far. They picked up and ran with it.

Rates dropped in the mix of all the :poop: Went from a 4.678% to a 4.125% which dropped my payment by $120/mo. :mindblown: :fuckyeah:

So the silver lining is we have a better lender on board. A better rate and lower note. They are also using wife's income, when flagstar wouldnt. Self employment sucks on financing. They worked with us and the 2018 filed tax returns showing she has made good money for the last year.
All you do is win.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:41 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:39 pm Just curious, who's the new lender?
:crang: tree

"We'll finance your house, on our sister's life."
:lolgasm:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:10 pm

Cliffs:

All you do is win.
certainly hasn't felt like it. Big rollercoaster of emotion. Im now $2400 sunk into this attempt to purchase. If we don't close, that money is poof-gone.

But yes the Fed rate drop and news was certainly a blessing.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Im feeling better about it all at this time. I was pretty bummed the last week between crazy work shit and this along with half my house in boxes and spending money on bullshit for a house I can't move to.

Also. :mahtroy: luck. Gas has been turned off/locked. Gas company requires a licensed plumber to file permit, do inspection and request for turn on to utilities. Just because there is a lapse in service... :yeahok:

Quotes to perform just the permit file/inspection are $350-500.... :wtf:

Im reaching out to ray ray to see if he has a contractor buddy that can help me at a lesser rate....
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:41 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:39 pm Just curious, who's the new lender?
:crang: tree

"We'll finance your house, on our sister's life."
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

dubshow wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:25 pm Im feeling better about it all at this time. I was pretty bummed the last week between crazy work shit and this along with half my house in boxes and spending money on bullshit for a house I can't move to.

Also. :mahtroy: luck. Gas has been turned off/locked. Gas company requires a licensed plumber to file permit, do inspection and request for turn on to utilities. Just because there is a lapse in service... :yeahok:

Im reaching out to ray ray to see if he has a contractor buddy that can help me at a lesser rate....
Fuck. :bs:

Hope this all gets resolved soon, dude.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Lender #2 gave the clear to close. The Closing Docs were a bit fucked as to numbers/deposits made and such, hopefully they fix them as Ive requested.

Set to close next thursday. What a fucking ordeal this has been.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:53 pm
dubshow wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:25 pm Im feeling better about it all at this time. I was pretty bummed the last week between crazy work shit and this along with half my house in boxes and spending money on bullshit for a house I can't move to.

Fuck. :bs:

Hope this all gets resolved soon, dude.
The resolve is to just spend more money.

Gas test passed now is pressuring checking for 24 hours. They will come look at the pressure gauge Tuesday or so and turn services back on. $350. POOF.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

dubshow wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:04 pm The resolve is to just spend more money.
:dat: is the answer to damn near all problems. It's pretty simple when you think about it.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:05 pm
dubshow wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:04 pm The resolve is to just spend more money.
:dat: is the answer to damn near all problems. It's pretty simple when you think about it.
Yeah... :iono:

The only upside is we bought a house for $250k and it just appraised again for $297k. If the house sales market crushes this season with the low rates we should be in prime time to appraise well over $300k when we look to suck some equity out for the bath renovation.

As for now, the big renovation is on solid ICE.
Apex

If the rest of us had sugar momma's we'd all be set too!
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:09 pm

Just be born with some silver bootstraps, that's a much smarter plan.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

My sugar momma is about to surpass me in income, this year most likely. Its a really impressive feat as a new business owner.

Women with ambition make me :dong:
Apex

dubshow wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:11 pm

My sugar momma is about to surpass me in income, this year most likely. Its a really impressive feat as a new business owner.

:nice:
She's a vet, right? Or is she the :therapist: ?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:14 pm
dubshow wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:11 pm

:therapist:

my mom is actually a vet. Good enough memory. :notbad:
Apex

dubshow wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:15 pm

:notbad:
Irish

:horse: dis kind of vet or dis kind :fullretard:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:53 pm :horse: dis kind of vet or dis kind :fullretard:
the :horse: , :jackass:

actually way more :doge:
Irish

dubshow wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:57 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:53 pm :horse: dis kind of vet or dis kind :fullretard:

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:01 pm
dubshow wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:57 pm

I guess. But she is 72 this year and still wont fucking retire. She will literally work herself to death. Works nearly 7 days a week. Half dayd saturday and sunday. :disgust:

been like that for my entire 31 years of life.
Irish

dubshow wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:03 pm
I guess. But she is 72 this year and still wont fucking retire. She will literally work herself to death. Works nearly 7 days a week. Half dayd saturday and sunday. :disgust:

I feel you, mang ... but some people are wired up this way and to stop is to die.......
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

dubshow wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:03 pm

My mom is like that. 65 I think, and been teaching for close to 40 years. She could retire, but jesus what the fuck would she do with herself. She's got a group of gal pals that are constantly going to a few local places for their happy hours and shit. Makes me feel like a super introvert compared to her. I just wanna save dat monies bruh
wap

KYJellyGuy's wife is a vet, iirc.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:04 pm

KYJellyGuy's wife is a vet, iirc.
:dat: