Dramatic Downsizing - Dafuq Do I Doit?

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

The real question is will :mahtroy: be moved in before :wasteful: retires from employment.

:science:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

dubshow wrote:The real question is will :mahtroy: be moved in before :wasteful: retires from employment.

Movers came yesterday. Welcome to Boxtopia. :boxodicks:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:44 am
dubshow wrote:The real question is will :mahtroy: be moved in before :wasteful: retires from employment.

Movers came yesterday. Welcome to Boxtopia. :boxodicks:

HOLY CHIT

Hey everyone! :mahtroy: WINS.

Hurry the fawk up :wasteful:

I still cant get over, you as a knowledgeable/capable car enthusiast, bought that thing.
troyguitar

I actually like the stupid car, especially around here.

This morning for example: I hit the remote starter, got dressed, broomed off the car, shoveled the driveway in 16F + snowing conditions, drove ~3 miles NFG at 20 mph up and down the hill through slush and potholes while sitting in a cushy heated leather seat and listening to Rush on a good stereo. Even the NA V6 sounds decent taking off in 1st for a few brubs.

Nothing about that usage would be improved by having an "enthusiast" car. Maybe a loaded last-gen C63 AMG 4matic?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:22 pm I actually like the stupid car, especially around here.

This morning for example: I hit the remote starter, got dressed, broomed off the car, shoveled the driveway in 16F + snowing conditions, drove ~3 miles NFG at 20 mph up and down the hill through slush and potholes while sitting in a cushy heated leather seat and listening to Rush on a good stereo. Even the NA V6 sounds decent taking off in 1st for a few brubs.

Nothing about that usage would be improved by having an "enthusiast" car. Maybe a loaded last-gen C63 AMG 4matic?
C63 has never been offered in AWD thus MKZ is the ultimate car.

I really like it :hubba:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:22 pm I actually like the stupid car, especially around here.

I've been saying this for a while. A comfy daily is a fantastic thing.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:12 am

:mahtroy: has seen the light.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:

This car is still decent to drive :doe:

There was definitely a bit of throttle-on oversteer happening on last night's Walmart run on deserted roads in the snow storm... The AWD system isn't fantastic but it is enough to be effective and occasionally entertaining. Real winter tires or at least much better all seasons should be ordered for next winter though, downhill braking in the snow is a bit :notsure: thanks to the 3800 lbs of :fatty: car.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:41 pm
Detroit wrote: I've been saying this for a while. A comfy daily is a fantastic thing.
This car is still decent to drive :doe:

There was definitely a bit of throttle-on oversteer happening on last night's Walmart run on deserted roads in the snow storm... The AWD system isn't fantastic but it is enough to be effective and occasionally entertaining. Real winter tires or at least much better all seasons should be ordered for next winter though, downhill braking in the snow is a bit :notsure: thanks to the 3800 lbs of :fatty: car.
Comfy DDs don't have to drive like clouds. They can be decent.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:41 pm This car is still decent to drive :doe:

Comfy DDs don't have to drive like clouds. They can be decent.
:word:

I've been working that angle for awhile now, even the :wankel: was decently comfortable on 17s with stock springs and exhaust. It just would have sucked up here due to 2WD and super low ground clearance - under 4" to the lowest points.

For this car the MODZZZ will be quite limited: OE Speed6 rear sway bar, some akeBROno brake pads, and some good tires with a proper alignment. That'll improve dynamics without hurting anything else and it is all cheap.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Comfy DDs don't have to drive like clouds. They can be decent.
:word:

I've been working that angle for awhile now, even the :wankel: was decently comfortable on 17s with stock springs and exhaust. It just would have sucked up here due to 2WD and super low ground clearance - under 4" to the lowest points.

For this car the MODZZZ will be quite limited: OE Speed6 rear sway bar, some akeBROno brake pads, and some good tires with a proper alignment. That'll improve dynamics without hurting anything else and it is all cheap.
:notbad:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:04 pm

C63 has never been offered in AWD thus MKZ is the ultimate car.

I really like it :hubba:
well shit. I can't fault your direct logic. :notwrong:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

buys a comfy daily, mods it :stig: style
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar

How I feel trying to go through the mountains of boxes:

troyguitar

The living room wall is all windows facing the street and the fishbowl effect annoys me. Solution: fake stained glass window film. Image
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

speaking of the MKZ, I follow a mustang guy on instagram :millennial: he went from 2 mustang GT's (2015 and 2019) to a brand new MKZ as a daily and he really loves it, since he also bikes for :stig:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:42 pm

speaking of the MKZ, I follow a mustang guy on instagram :millennial: he went from 2 mustang GT's (2015 and 2019) to a brand new MKZ as a daily and he really loves it, since he also bikes for :stig:
I'm also trying to get my dad to ditch his troublesome Bonneville GXP for a MKZ like Troy's
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:11 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:42 pm

I'm also trying to get my dad to ditch his troublesome Bonneville GXP for a MKZ like Troy's
:doit: thats how my dad ended up with the explorer sport. He loves fast acceleration, especially when he drives my GTI. He had an expedition EL and it was such a relief for him too. Faster acceleration (even with the base explorer), better mpg’s, and easier to park. He loves the thing and I also love it as well.

Try to encourage him that pontiac dont have oem for parts on bonneville anymore. MKZ’s are great cars
troyguitar

I have the sway bar and brake pads in boxes here somewhere but haven't done anything with them yet. Early this morning I finally carved out enough space to set up a half-assed desk for the first time in about 6 weeks :doe:Image
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

thats a real poverty desk setup. Impressive.

why does the green guiutar look to be missing the end of the neck?
troyguitar

dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:20 pm thats a real poverty desk setup. Impressive.

why does the green guiutar look to be missing the end of the neck?
It's a combination of :scrooge: and :pinshit: and just getting some more shit out of the way by using it to get the desk up to standing height. The desk top itself is actually a super solid 1975 Herman Miller piece that the wife got on crangslist probably 10 years ago.

The guitar is headless on purpose to make it smaller for transporting it and playing in tiny spaces, the neck and body are full-scale but the whole instrument is about 10" shorter end to end that way. They balance a bit better when holding them as well without the extra mass way out at the end.

https://www.kieselguitars.com/zeus/
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

You've prob been asked this before but do you have any vids of your playing on the tubes or anywhere else?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Irish wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:44 pm You've prob been asked this before but do you have any vids of your playing on the tubes or anywhere else?
troyguitar

Irish wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:44 pm You've prob been asked this before but do you have any vids of your playing on the tubes or anywhere else?
I have really really old videos still up but nothing in the past 10 years or so, hopefully I'll fix that this summer. The newest thing online is the old demo from my band in MI, which I now see was released 8 bloody years ago yet the album is still not finished. :disappoint:

My goal with this basement office/garage/workshop/music space is to clear it out enough to use it for a full band rehearsal/recording area using an electronic drum kit to keep volumes reasonable. Fuck cars, it's time to get back to the muzak.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

troyguitar wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:54 pm
I have really really old videos still up but nothing in the past 10 years or so, hopefully I'll fix that this summer. The newest thing online is the old demo from my band in MI, which I now see was released 8 bloody years ago yet the album is still not finished. :disappoint:

My goal with this basement office/garage/workshop/music space is to clear it out enough to use it for a full band rehearsal/recording area using an electronic drum kit to keep volumes reasonable. Fuck cars, it's time to get back to the muzak.
Damn...this sounds fuking great! Did you tour at all?