Dramatic Downsizing - Dafuq Do I Doit?

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:25 pm :dat:

And basically no decent places with AC. It's fucked. I just looked at one place today with AC for an additional $650/mo and with no parking. :disgust:
This type of thing is your solution.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=honeywell+mn ... zd8onwyo_e
Yep. It's just another thing to take up floor space when we're already cramming our shit into a space half the size of the one we moved from... I'm hoping for a dry few days when the movers show up because a bunch of shit is going to be sitting out in the yard until I can get rid of it somehow. :disgust:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:45 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
This type of thing is your solution.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=honeywell+mn ... zd8onwyo_e
Yep. It's just another thing to take up floor space when we're already cramming our shit into a space half the size of the one we moved from... I'm hoping for a dry few days when the movers show up because a bunch of shit is going to be sitting out in the yard until I can get rid of it somehow. :disgust:
Putting a "free" sign on stuff usually moves it pretty quickly
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:45 pm Yep. It's just another thing to take up floor space when we're already cramming our shit into a space half the size of the one we moved from... I'm hoping for a dry few days when the movers show up because a bunch of shit is going to be sitting out in the yard until I can get rid of it somehow. :disgust:
Putting a "free" sign on stuff usually moves it pretty quickly
I've already gotten rid of most of the big stuff that is worthless and we don't intend to use eventually. Everything else is a PITA because I either know that I'll end up buying it again for 10x what it's worth today or it needs to have some work done on it followed by a photo session and ebay listing and packing and shipping. Dumping any of that in the trash is lighting even more money on fire.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Exactly. I had an ex that worked at one years ago. She wasn't necessarily bright at all. I found her years later while working in the mall where she came into my store (Godiva) and I could see her tat around her belly button that said "GAY BY NATURE" that looked like it was done in a prison yard by Micheal J. Fox on a sugar rush. One of the many bad choices she made in her life, along with not many brains... And verified that I was right to just hit it and quit it even at the young age of 19.

Point being, she was a manager at a Little Ceasars and when I looked what it really took to run one of those things combined with how dumb she was, I was in awe at how simple the formula was to make one of those successful. Hire some high school kids that won't wanna constantly smoke pot in the back or bring their boyfriends to bang in the back office (*clears throat*), and you could basically get that place to run itself while you work on more locations.
troyguitar

Acid666 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:16 pm
Exactly. I had an ex that worked at one years ago. She wasn't necessarily bright at all. I found her years later while working in the mall where she came into my store (Godiva) and I could see her tat around her belly button that said "GAY BY NATURE" that looked like it was done in a prison yard by Micheal J. Fox on a sugar rush. One of the many bad choices she made in her life, along with not many brains... And verified that I was right to just hit it and quit it even at the young age of 19.

Point being, she was a manager at a Little Ceasars and when I looked what it really took to run one of those things combined with how dumb she was, I was in awe at how simple the formula was to make one of those successful. Hire some high school kids that won't wanna constantly smoke pot in the back or bring their boyfriends to bang in the back office (*clears throat*), and you could basically get that place to run itself while you work on more locations.
The owner, on the other hand, needs to put up likely around $100k in cash plus take out big loans and basically live at the place for a number of months/years in order to ensure success. I do have a couple of acquaintances who have owned pizza franchises, neither got rich and both worked 7 days a week at their store(s).
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:40 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:26 am

Can confirm. Took my Merrell boots to DC snow day and after hours of running in snow and snowball fight my feet were still dry.
you mean those boots you bought at REI when we docked?
No i didn’t buy any remember? Just tried them on.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:55 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:40 am

you mean those boots you bought at REI when we docked?
No i didn’t buy any remember? Just tried them on.
massive brain fart :sad: yes now I remember you were returning something.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar

So the hiking shoes were worth buying. I had to walk a bunch in the shitty slush today and my feet actually stayed dry and warm. Hopefully by the weekend I'll actually have a car, but still every parking lot right now is full of :disgust: slush so the shoes would still be necessary. I got these things at the local store for like $60:

https://www.ghbass.com/product/trail+to ... ion=563093

and sprayed them with whatever water repellent shit they had there. 5/7 would buy again if I had to keep living up here.

Progress is slow on other fronts. The movers just told me 2/26 is their next available delivery date which is :disgust: - so even if I could get the car sooner, I wouldn't have my :ramz: available to put suitable tires on the damn thing until the end of the month. Driving in this shit on unknown shitty tarz is worse than walking in many cases. I guess I'm going to be spending a lot of time sitting in this hotel room...
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:32 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:41 am

i need to get little ceasers one day, my local one just got closed. I guess its worth to drive 4 miles or so to get it one night.
Actually :hellno:
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Acid666 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:16 pm

:amaze:
:lolgasm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:46 pm So the hiking shoes were worth buying. I had to walk a bunch in the shitty slush today and my feet actually stayed dry and warm. Hopefully by the weekend I'll actually have a car, but still every parking lot right now is full of :disgust: slush so the shoes would still be necessary. I got these things at the local store for like $60:

and sprayed them with whatever water repellent shit they had there. 5/7 would buy again if I had to keep living up here.

Progress is slow on other fronts. The movers just told me 2/26 is their next available delivery date which is :disgust: - so even if I could get the car sooner, I wouldn't have my :ramz: available to put suitable tires on the damn thing until the end of the month. Driving in this shit on unknown shitty tarz is worse than walking in many cases. I guess I'm going to be spending a lot of time sitting in this hotel room...
Nah just use the car. Doze heated butts
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:46 pm So the hiking shoes were worth buying. I had to walk a bunch in the shitty slush today and my feet actually stayed dry and warm. Hopefully by the weekend I'll actually have a car, but still every parking lot right now is full of :disgust: slush so the shoes would still be necessary. I got these things at the local store for like $60:

Yes good call on the shoes, dude.

Late moving date blows though. Driving should be fine on just about any tires, just drive carefully. At night slow down for black ice.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:10 am

Late moving date blows though. Driving should be fine on just about any tires, just drive carefully. At night slow down for black ice.
:word:

For little stuff around town it's no big deal. I'm just not going to drive anywhere out of town without being on a known quantity.

Renter's insurance for the townhouse and car insurance for the :wap: sedan has been purchased. I'm picking up the car and applying for a NY driver's license tomorrow. PLACON 2

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:56 pm Image
:howdareu: It's black history month and you go posting super WASP gifs? :disgust:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Just in time for some old man hooning.

For science purposes
troyguitar

I hope I can keep my hair for that long.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:22 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:02 pm Just in time for some old man hooning.

For science purposes

This is Troy's future.
Subtitles

Hi I'm Troy Brown, welcome to cheapass!
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:04 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:22 am

This is Troy's future.
Subtitles

Hi I'm Troy Brown, welcome to cheapass!
:iswydt: :lolol:

i just read that in knoxvilles voice.

:bravo:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:44 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:10 am

:word:

For little stuff around town it's no big deal. I'm just not going to drive anywhere out of town without being on a known quantity.

Renter's insurance for the townhouse and car insurance for the :wap: sedan has been purchased. I'm picking up the car and applying for a NY driver's license tomorrow. PLACON 2

:fuckyeah:

Embrace the :salt: and ❄
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

At least your half sized place has two shitters :jelly:
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:At least your half sized place has two shitters :jelly:
No AC or covered parking :doe:

:sad:

Apparently I'm too :wap: to use software for this, but I have a working plan for the furniture layout after some arts & crafts time. Everything else has to get jammed in the basement somehow. ImageImage
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Do you always do this, or are you that bored?

My friend knows the best club for gentleman in Corning.
troyguitar

CaleDeRoo wrote:Do you always do this, or are you that bored?

My friend knows the best club for gentleman in Corning.
I only get one shot at directing the movers where to place everything. Fuck trying to move big furniture by myself after the fact, especially with stairs involved.

This is the downside to starting to accumulate grown-up furniture - it's too nice and heavy to move by myself. The days of moving all of my stuff alone in a :turboyaris: are over.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gotcha