Rental Property Slumlording Thread

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Let me know if the IG looks decent or needs work, @grandbendfamilyrentals
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: ↑Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:42 pm
Tarspin wrote: ↑Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:08 pm Let me know if the IG looks decent or needs work, @grandbendfamilyrentals
You may want to hire a photographer at some point and a stylist to take proper interior and exterior photos of the place at its best and use that for IG fodder.

You also want to be creative with your photos, and avoid the use of on-camera flash or shooting everything from eye level. Get low, get high, get different.

Also, have renters share their IG handles with you and create a tagged location that people can geolocate their photos to.

Subtle stuff, but you'll get it.
Sounds good, i agree that a pro photographer is badly needed, potato shots as far as the eye can see. I wonder if any will work for a free stay?πŸ€”πŸ€” I'll look into the geotagging as well, great idea! Thanks Zilhuge!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: ↑Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:42 am
Tarspin wrote: ↑Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:26 pm

Sounds good, i agree that a pro photographer is badly needed, potato shots as far as the eye can see. I wonder if any will work for a free stay?πŸ€”πŸ€” I'll look into the geotagging as well, great idea! Thanks Zilhuge!
I'm sure you could work something out. Get the place cleaned up, bring a photographer in, and offer a voucher for a free stay (but make sure they provide a CC for damages).
Let me know your schedule! 😁
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: ↑Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:32 am
Tarspin wrote: ↑Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:19 am

Let me know your schedule! 😁
:lol:

I need to get my passport. This may provide some incentive.
:bruh: :doit:

Canada is fucking awesome.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: ↑Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:51 pm
D Griff wrote: ↑Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:49 pm

I just don't get PTO so I don't travel much.

I've been meaning to hit Niagara Falls + Canada ever since the wife and I started dating. It's just never happened.
It's 5/7. Definitely get there when you can. I've only been to the US side other than as a kid, but I think the Canadian side is better. Also, the major cities in Canada Ive visited are 5/7, kind of the best of what America has to offer with a bit of the Euro benefits. I've really only been in warm months :doe: .
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: ↑Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:49 pm
[user not found] wrote: ↑Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:32 am

:lol:

I need to get my passport. This may provide some incentive.

:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: ↑Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: ↑Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:53 pm
[user not found] wrote: ↑Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:51 pm

I just don't get PTO so I don't travel much.

I've been meaning to hit Niagara Falls + Canada ever since the wife and I started dating. It's just never happened.
It's 5/7. Definitely get there when you can. I've only been to the US side other than as a kid, but I think the Canadian side is better. Also, the major cities in Canada Ive visited are 5/7, kind of the best of what America has to offer with a bit of the Euro benefits. I've really only been in warm months :doe: .
Agree with all of this. The Falls are nicer from the Canadian side. It's been a while, but when I was there last the town on the Canadian was much less over-touristy, compared to the Murican side. And yes, Canuck cities, at least the 3 or 4 that I've visited, are like Murica but with less crime and with super nice people. Though we generally meet 5/7 locals when we visit US cities, doe.
Toronto especially reminded me of Chicago; big city, on a Great Lake, with an :impressive: modern skyline, cool people, and even a Second City comedy theater.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: ↑Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Its really great hearing about positive experiences from US folks, Canada is also a good spot to visit when considering exchange rates. Hotels are similarly priced with US equivalents but with a 25% discount on EVERYTHING as long as exchange rates stay where they are.

I always enjoy traveling to the US, and personally find people to be more lively and social. I actually really enjoyed Philly years ago, lots of Medical museums and history. I should spend more times in Chicago next time i have a flight through there. Sounds 5/7 and would love to compare the vibe to Toronto
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: ↑Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:28 am Its really great hearing about positive experiences from US folks, Canada is also a good spot to visit when considering exchange rates. Hotels are similarly priced with US equivalents but with a 25% discount on EVERYTHING as long as exchange rates stay where they are.

I always enjoy traveling to the US, and personally find people to be more lively and social. I actually really enjoyed Philly years ago, lots of Medical museums and history. I should spend more times in Chicago next time i have a flight through there. Sounds 5/7 and would love to compare the vibe to Toronto
Well, Toronto hotels are :fullretard: :waxer: . I stayed at this old, somewhat dumpy hotel downtown when I was there for work, and I think it was the most expensive hotel I ever booked in my five years on that job. But Vancouver and Montreal were pretty reasonable. Would definitely visit any of them again though, and the ones I haven't seen.

Also agreed that Philly is pretty sweet.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: ↑Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:37 am
Tarspin wrote: ↑Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:28 am Its really great hearing about positive experiences from US folks, Canada is also a good spot to visit when considering exchange rates. Hotels are similarly priced with US equivalents but with a 25% discount on EVERYTHING as long as exchange rates stay where they are.

Well, Toronto hotels are :fullretard: :waxer: . I stayed at this old, somewhat dumpy hotel downtown when I was there for work, and I think it was the most expensive hotel I ever booked in my five years on that job. But Vancouver and Montreal were pretty reasonable. Would definitely visit any of them again though, and the ones I haven't seen.

Also agreed that Philly is pretty sweet.
Ah that sucks mang, i grab a HoJo for under $200 or a Hilton garden suite/Holiday Inn express for 250ish but depends where you had to park the beast. That's in line with Novi, MI pricing from my experience. There's been times that Nicole and I have had to book in the $300 range but got a nice place walking distance to fine eats and the Second City. You show up during a stick puck game and a concert and you're proper fooked
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: ↑Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:18 pm

:notsure:

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... f1940b42f5

I'd make them show me the actual candy before jumping in. :smartmahtroy: