House Plac: From Bag End to Balls Deep

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Bag end sold. Dual agent scenario so we get to keep 1% extra which is a huge :fuckyeah:

The people buying it want it so bad that they offered over ask, hand wrote Michele a letter, AND gave her candy they make (apparently they own a candy company).

It’s like we’re service writers at a dealer or something.

Also, inspection report came back on new house and garage is a tear down...wall base boards don’t exist at all, completely rotted away.

Michele was all “guess you get your garage first...”

Me: :fuckyeah:

This entire deal couldn’t have worked out better.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:03 pm Bag end sold. Dual agent scenario so we get to keep 1% extra which is a huge :fuckyeah:

The people buying it want it so bad that they offered over ask, hand wrote Michele a letter, AND gave her candy they make (apparently they own a candy company).

Also, inspection report came back on new house and garage is a tear down...wall base boards don’t exist at all, completely rotted away.

Looks like you have new friends to get :drunk: with at Bag End and at your new place. Free candy too. :neat:

:fuckyeah:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:03 pm Bag end sold. Dual agent scenario so we get to keep 1% extra which is a huge :fuckyeah:

Oh man! That worked out 5/7! Was there a second offer, less obviously?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:59 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:28 pm

Cost of living there is a fraction of here with regards to housing, so I could take a 50% pay cut and still afford a comfortable lifestyle and decent house. Might not be custom potfiller plaza, but dry climate controlled place to sleep.
Wife and kid will be cool with that? :yeahok:
She didn't say no.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

congrats hommie :burnout: :haus: :math:

as soon as you are in and settled HELOC it to the 9's and build your garagemahl!
brain go brrrrrr
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

:fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Sold for over ask in what, 2 days? :notbad:

Can the garage slab support a lift?
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:50 pm

Oh man! That worked out 5/7! Was there a second offer, less obviously?
3 offers total by the end of last night. 2 above ask, one at ask. One above wasn't the highest, but was a dual agent where our agent agreed to knock off a %. That sent that offer way higher than the other, and done deal.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:54 am

We officially listed the house on Saturday night. Open house was on Sunday, and by Monday night we had 3 offers. Selected our offer last night.

Garage is complete tear-down. If going through the effort, it'll have a new slab. I'll have it poured to accept a lift at some point. Thinking a 3 car with one bay extra tall for the lift to effectively make a 4 car.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:59 am

as soon as you are in and settled HELOC it to the 9's and build your garagemahl!
Yea, gotta work on figuring that out. We'll have quite a bit of cash leftover from this transaction, so does that money go toward the garage, or am I better off "investing" that and taking out a HELOC. Not even sure how much you can get a HELOC for on a house you just purchased, but we did buy it below what most would consider the market value, so we should already have considerable equity on top of our 20% down.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:03 am

Yea, gotta work on figuring that out. We'll have quite a bit of cash leftover from this transaction, so does that money go toward the garage, or am I better off "investing" that and taking out a HELOC. Not even sure how much you can get a HELOC for on a house you just purchased, but we did buy it below what most would consider the market value, so we should already have considerable equity on top of our 20% down.
From my conservative underwriting days, you can HELOC up to 80% LTV even immediately after purchase if you have the equity in the :haus:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:01 am
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:54 am

We officially listed the house on Saturday night. Open house was on Sunday, and by Monday night we had 3 offers. Selected our offer last night.

Garage is complete tear-down. If going through the effort, it'll have a new slab. I'll have it poured to accept a lift at some point. Thinking a 3 car with one bay extra tall for the lift to effectively make a 4 car.
:like:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:04 am
From my conservative underwriting days, you can HELOC up to 80% LTV even immediately after purchase if you have the equity in the :haus:
Yea, it'll all depend on what the "value" of the house is. Assume there's an appraisal for the HELOC? It should be higher than purchase price in our case.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:06 am

Yea, it'll all depend on what the "value" of the house is. Assume there's an appraisal for the HELOC? It should be higher than purchase price in our case.
Yeah, appraisal is usually done for HELOC's. Since one will be done for the mortgage, that might be able to be used again for the HELOC if you use the same bank/credit union.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:10 am
Yeah, appraisal is usually done for HELOC's. Since one will be done for the mortgage, that might be able to be used again for the HELOC if you use the same bank/credit union.
From my experience, appraisals for mortgages come in essentially at sales price, which would put us at 80% from the get-go.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

i guess it depends on whether or not you roll all your :plac: profit back into the new house or just go with a down payment that gets you to your current payment, 20% down, or some other number in your head.

unless you are planning on doing this immediately, I'd think you will want a 100% rollover to new loan. Use that cash to start saving on long term interest immediately. Added advantage of keeping payment the same or lower, and not be in any real danger of being upside down in the house when market depresses. As we said, you can always HELOC it back out later.

My HELOC required a new appraisal, but it was a new house. If you set it up right after saile they may waive it if they can gain access to your appraisal. Depends on the bank :doe:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:15 am
i guess it depends on whether or not you roll all your :plac: profit back into the new house or just go with a down payment that gets you to your current payment, 20% down, or some other number in your head.

unless you are planning on doing this immediately, I'd think you will want a 100% rollover to new loan. Use that cash to start saving on long term interest immediately. Added advantage of keeping payment the same or lower, and not be in any real danger of being upside down in the house when market depresses. As we said, you can always HELOC it back out later.
My HELOC required a new appraisal, but it was a new house. If you set it up right after saile they may waive it if they can gain access to your appraisal. Depends on the bank :doe:
Oh, that is an interesting point re: dumping it all into the mortgage and HELOCing it out later. Will consider.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:14 am
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:10 am

From my experience, appraisals for mortgages come in essentially at sales price, which would put us at 80% from the get-go.
Usually, unless the sales price is higher than what the value is compared to recent sales. That's a fun conversation when you tell someone they need an extra $50k in cash if they want the house.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:35 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:14 am
Usually, unless the sales price is higher than what the value is compared to recent sales. That's a fun conversation when you tell someone they need an extra $50k in cash if they want the house.
Yea, that's not going to be the case on our new house, we bought it below what current market is.

We will run that risk on Bag End. It'll be the highest sale in our hood...maybe ever. Here's hoping we get the appraisal.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:56 am
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:35 am

Yea, that's not going to be the case on our new house, we bought it below what current market is.

We will run that risk on Bag End. It'll be the highest sale in our hood...maybe ever. Here's hoping we get the appraisal.
Hopefully the candyman has some fat stacks to cover anything the appraisal doesn't!
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:06 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:56 am

Hopefully the candyman has some fat stacks to cover anything the appraisal doesn't!
On the offer, the down payment amount was "20%-50%" so I think they do...
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:10 am
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:06 am

On the offer, the down payment amount was "20%-50%" so I think they do...
:jesus:

You should be alright.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:57 am Such as? All you east of the Mississippi guys seem to be infatuated with what is essentially Appalachia. I certainly understand part of the ethos....

Where I get lost is the following:

1. Real Employment. Most of this forum is knocking out $70K plus. Where are you going to replace that in these kinds of places short of opening a bar/restarant which will require you to have $300K+ just laying around. Brad, you have crotchfruit, so your ability to just say fuck it and cook with propane is more limited than everyone else.
2. It may be great to visit, but what happens when you really start interacting with your neighbors? Most of you guys are well edcuated atheist liberals or libertarians, and I'm not sure how much you're going to have to discuss with the local population.

Just saying. If you want mountains, you might consider the Rocky Mountains? At least those states offer a fair number of jobs in the oil/gas industry.
Well educated atheist liberalterian checking in.
I saw a trailer broken on the side of the interstate carrying an airboat, and I immediately thought of you.

Also, the Rockies are beautiful. I've been to Denver, Boulder and Ft. Collins CO, I could see myself living there.
Appalatia has damn good roads doe.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah: :nice: :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

wap wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:16 pm DPlac, proximity to Tony's? Stumbling distance?
Important question remains unanswered. :really:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.