House Plac: From Bag End to Balls Deep

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

:nice:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:excited:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah:
Constrution is so :excited: to watch on your own property.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Oh hell yeah. Daily progress FTW
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Footings were poured last Friday and nothing has happened since. I'm assuming they're waiting for the concrete to cure.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:26 pm Footings were poured last Friday and nothing has happened since. I'm assuming they're waiting for the concrete to cure.
Goddam so much fuck yeah on this thing. This is the coolest thing anyone has spent money on here since Waxer's PORSHA.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Electrical being installed tomorrow. They trenched a few weeks ago and dropped the lines, and scheduled to complete work on 12/11 and 12/12. Dude called me and said they had a cancellation and asked if they could come out to start finishing tomorrow. :fuckyeah:

100amp service to the garage...mostly for future EV charging, but it'll be nice to have a ton of powaa for just in case.

Also ordered this so I finally have nice garage storage.
https://www.costco.com/.product.2258253.html

Now I just need to chose a lift. Going 4 post because it's just for storage (I can go to my dad's garage to use his 2 post for car work).
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Also, contractor is claiming stucco will be done this weekend. I don't see how, but if he accomplishes that, the garage will be almost complete. Just need to paint the stucco, which will likely have to wait until the spring due to temps. My painter is a great stand-up guy, so that'll be NBD.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:15 pm Electrical being installed tomorrow. They trenched a few weeks ago and dropped the lines, and scheduled to complete work on 12/11 and 12/12. Dude called me and said they had a cancellation and asked if they could come out to start finishing tomorrow. :fuckyeah:

100amp service to the garage...mostly for future EV charging, but it'll be nice to have a ton of powaa for just in case.

Now I just need to chose a lift. Going 4 post because it's just for storage (I can go to my dad's garage to use his 2 post for car work).
Those cabinets look nice. When I sell this house I'm hoping to leave all my Gladiator Premier stuff on the walls and the benches in place and move to a new system like that. The Gladiator stuff is nice and the gear wall is good, but I want a change.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:15 pm Electrical being installed tomorrow. They trenched a few weeks ago and dropped the lines, and scheduled to complete work on 12/11 and 12/12. Dude called me and said they had a cancellation and asked if they could come out to start finishing tomorrow. :fuckyeah:

:excited: :excited: :excited:
:excited: :fuckyeah: :excited:
:excited: :excited: :excited:
ChrisoftheNorth

Electrical complete in the garage, lights are like daytime. :tits: is all :pout: that the lights are "too bright and overkill" yet she'll barely be out there so :stfu:

Took the day off yesterday for my cabinets to be delivered. The dude that delivered them was SUPER cool and offered to wheel the pallet into the garage if I helped him (of course!)...saved a big headache in moving those things. I've never seen more clever packaging. Everything arrived perfectly.

Yesterday was my first day working in the garage. Moved the glamper to my dad's garage since he's out of his house for the next 4 months so I have more working room in my garage. Got the garage doors programmed and homelink setup in the Jeeps, kayaks hung on the wall, and preliminary cabinet layout set. I'm going to finish the workshop area with insulation and OSB this weekend with the wife on a girl's trip so next week I can hang/mount the cabinets.

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:59 am Electrical complete in the garage, lights are like daytime. :tits: is all :pout: that the lights are "too bright and overkill" yet she'll barely be out there so :stfu:

Took the day off yesterday for my cabinets to be delivered. The dude that delivered them was SUPER cool and offered to wheel the pallet into the garage if I helped him (of course!)...saved a big headache in moving those things. I've never seen more clever packaging. Everything arrived perfectly.

Yesterday was my first day working in the garage. Moved the glamper to my dad's garage since he's out of his house for the next 4 months so I have more working room in my garage. Got the garage doors programmed and homelink setup in the Jeeps, kayaks hung on the wall, and preliminary cabinet layout set. I'm going to finish the workshop area with insulation and OSB this weekend with the wife on a girl's trip so next week I can hang/mount the cabinets.

Glad the cabinets worked out. Packaging was 5/7, there wasn't a dent or scratch on anything.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
ChrisoftheNorth

4zilch wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:07 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:59 am Electrical complete in the garage, lights are like daytime. :tits: is all :pout: that the lights are "too bright and overkill" yet she'll barely be out there so :stfu:

Glad the cabinets worked out. Packaging was 5/7, there wasn't a dent or scratch on anything.
I'm actually :mindblown: that they were all on one pallet and ZERO damage after unpacking it all. Really impressed.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:excited: to see how this turns out!
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Yeah I’m In4pics on this for sure
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:33 am Yeah I’m In4pics on this for sure
Still can't figure out an efficient way to post photos. I feel like such an old.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:49 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:33 am Yeah I’m In4pics on this for sure
Still can't figure out an efficient way to post photos. I feel like such an old.
Dropbox on phone plus a pc/chrome book plus imgur =win
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:21 am
4zilch wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:07 am

I'm actually :mindblown: that they were all on one pallet and ZERO damage after unpacking it all. Really impressed.
:ohdang: 1 pallet is impressive.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
ChrisoftheNorth

4zilch wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:35 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:21 am
:ohdang: 1 pallet is impressive.
The dude pulled it off the truck and I asked him if there was another pallet. He only had one other pallet on the truck that wasn't mine, and he just shrugged. I figured I'd have to call New Age later, but noticed the icons on the boxes indicated everything was in there. Sure enough, once I got everything unpacked, it was all accounted for. Masterful packaging IMO.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:52 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:49 am
I have all those things...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:25 pm

set up Dropbox to use automatic camera uploads, then the pics are already on your device for uploading to imgur. imgur supports BBC linking and even generates links
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:28 pm
set up Dropbox to use automatic camera uploads, then the pics are already on your device for uploading to imgur. imgur supports BBC linking and even generates links
For a while, I used the imgur app on my phone to get links...but then that seemed to stop working because there's a number of my old images that used imgur that are now broken.

Those broken images combined with the dumpster fire that is google photos made me stop posting photos altogether.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

I deal with imgur, dropbox used to work until a couple years ago they removed the linking to images. All I know is the new "add image to post" link on the forum sucks donkey dick. small thumbnail that opens in another window at a small size that you have to download the original to get a good view? Might as well still be on a C-SLIP internet connection via Windows 3.1 and Trumpet WinSOCK using uudecode to put the images back together like we did in 1992. :gay:
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:48 pm
I deal with imgur, dropbox used to work until a couple years ago they removed the linking to images. All I know is the new "add image to post" link on the forum sucks donkey dick. small thumbnail that opens in another window at a small size that you have to download the original to get a good view? Might as well still be on a C-SLIP internet connection via Windows 3.1 and Trumpet WinSOCK using uudecode to put the images back together like we did in 1992. :gay:
That's the thing...every time I figure out a solution, it gets killed. So I stopped trying.

I wish google would work for direct linking. All my photos are there...and that's what I used until people started telling me that maybe half of my images are actually appearing. That's when I gave up.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:48 pm I deal with imgur, dropbox used to work until a couple years ago they removed the linking to images. All I know is the new "add image to post" link on the forum sucks donkey dick. small thumbnail that opens in another window at a small size that you have to download the original to get a good view? Might as well still be on a C-SLIP internet connection via Windows 3.1 and Trumpet WinSOCK using uudecode to put the images back together like we did in 1992. :gay:
That's the thing...every time I figure out a solution, it gets killed. So I stopped trying.

I wish google would work for direct linking. All my photos are there...and that's what I used until people started telling me that maybe half of my images are actually appearing. That's when I gave up.
Tapatalk still works.