House Plac: From Bag End to Balls Deep

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:03 pm Bag end sold. Dual agent scenario so we get to keep 1% extra which is a huge :fuckyeah:

The people buying it want it so bad that they offered over ask, hand wrote Michele a letter, AND gave her candy they make (apparently they own a candy company).

It’s like we’re service writers at a dealer or something.

Also, inspection report came back on new house and garage is a tear down...wall base boards don’t exist at all, completely rotted away.

Michele was all “guess you get your garage first...”

Me: :fuckyeah:

This entire deal couldn’t have worked out better.
WOW. That's awesome.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:25 pm
wap wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:16 pm DPlac, proximity to Tony's? Stumbling distance?
Important question remains unanswered. :really:
:ohdang:

It’s is, just a different direction, north instead of south. Bet I’ll stumble to the old house quite a bit.

:drunk:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:17 pm
wap wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:25 pm

Important question remains unanswered. :really:

It’s is, just a different direction, north instead of south. Bet I’ll stumble to the old house quite a bit.

:lolol:
In4awkwardstories

Would love for you to crawl into Bag End while :drunk: because you forgot about the key on your :poorvette: key ring that you don't always carry but had with you the first time you went to Tony's after moving and new :derp: owners didn't change the locks when they took possession. :lolgasm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:03 pm Bag end sold. Dual agent scenario so we get to keep 1% extra which is a huge :fuckyeah:

The people buying it want it so bad that they offered over ask, hand wrote Michele a letter, AND gave her candy they make (apparently they own a candy company).

It’s like we’re service writers at a dealer or something.

Also, inspection report came back on new house and garage is a tear down...wall base boards don’t exist at all, completely rotted away.

Michele was all “guess you get your garage first...”

Me: :fuckyeah:

This entire deal couldn’t have worked out better.
:alpo: luck hath struck.

My garage is similar but only on one wall. Luckily full teardown not needed.
Your wall studs are sitting in dirt? You’ll want to fix that soon homie.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:17 pm

In4awkwardstories

Would love for you to crawl into Bag End while :drunk: because you forgot about the key on your :poorvette: key ring that you don't always carry but had with you the first time you went to Tony's after moving and new :derp: owners didn't change the locks when they took possession. :lolgasm:
We don’t use keys and on the house, instead we use the keypad deadbolt lock. If they don’t :nuke: the codes in it, I could get in. Hopefully I won’t be so drunk to let that happen?

ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:02 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:06 am

Hopefully the candyman has some fat stacks to cover anything the appraisal doesn't!
House deed to be transferred from Bilbo Baggins to Willy Wonka.

When do the Oompa Loompas move in?
:notbad:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:02 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:06 am

Hopefully the candyman has some fat stacks to cover anything the appraisal doesn't!
House deed to be transferred from Bilbo Baggins to Willy Wonka.

When do the Oompa Loompas move in?
ChrisoftheNorth

We've been hanging out with the current (old) owners of our new house. Walked by a few weeks ago and they were on the porch, invited us up for wine and chatting, and we've been visiting on the regular since.

They're :wap: style dinks that retired and are moving up north. Dude showed us a "hidden" wine cellar he built in the basement that can house 1200 bottles. We couldn't even find it in the initial walk through. He's been buying and aging wine since the mid 90's in the house. One night he popped open 2 bottles that were the best we've ever had. He said they were $30 when he bought them in 1997 and 1998.

We got home and looked them up, and those wines of that vintage are selling today for $500/bottle. He told us he was going to leave us HALF A CASE because he didn't want to take too much wine up north with them.

We'll probably drink them, :doe:
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:30 am We've been hanging out with the current (old) owners of our new house. Walked by a few weeks ago and they were on the porch, invited us up for wine and chatting, and we've been visiting on the regular since.

They're :wap: style dinks that retired and are moving up north. Dude showed us a "hidden" wine cellar he built in the basement that can house 1200 bottles. We couldn't even find it in the initial walk through. He's been buying and aging wine since the mid 90's in the house. One night he popped open 2 bottles that were the best we've ever had. He said they were $30 when he bought them in 1997 and 1998.

We got home and looked them up, and those wines of that vintage are selling today for $500/bottle. He told us he was going to leave us HALF A CASE because he didn't want to take too much wine up north with them.

:fuckyeah: :wap: style :megusta:
They sound like cool folks. :alpo: purchase for you for sure. And a hidden wine cellar with a half case as a :whalecum: to your new :haus: ? :carlton:

We just round a bottle of champagne from the sellers in our fridge when we moved in.
wap

Also, where dafuq you been?
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:38 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:30 am We've been hanging out with the current (old) owners of our new house. Walked by a few weeks ago and they were on the porch, invited us up for wine and chatting, and we've been visiting on the regular since.

They sound like cool folks. :alpo: purchase for you for sure. And a hidden wine cellar with a half case as a :whalecum: to your new :haus: ? :carlton:

We just round a bottle of champagne from the sellers in our fridge when we moved in.
Yea, they're super awesome. And it's awesome to hear about how much they've done to the house. They're only the 3rd owners (we're the 4th) and they know all about the house's history and what's been done.

We're probably going to leave a bottle of champagne in the fridge of our current house for the new owners. They're first time home buyers, they're going to need it.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:42 am
wap wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:38 am

Yea, they're super awesome. And it's awesome to hear about how much they've done to the house. They're only the 3rd owners (we're the 4th) and they know all about the house's history and what's been done.

We're probably going to leave a bottle of champagne in the fridge of our current house for the new owners. They're first time home buyers, they're going to need it.
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

And @wap you might appreciate this...

The dude schooled me on the style of the house. It's a "Prairie box" style house, an architectural style that originated in Chicago at the turn of the century. Apparently it was popular until the 20's, and then mostly disappeared. Pretty unique architectural style.

https://architecturestyles.org/prairie/
ChrisoftheNorth

...and just got clear to close on bag end. Everything is official, it's happening.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:07 pm ...and just got clear to close on bag end. Everything is official, it's happening.
Congrats man.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:neat:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:07 pm ...and just got clear to close on bag end. Everything is official, it's happening.
:fuckyeah:

Also, glad to see you back!
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:06 pm

:wub:

Been a super hectic few weeks between work, move, and “vacation”. Finally starting to get back to normal.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:56 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:06 pm

Been a super hectic few weeks between work, move, and “vacation”. Finally starting to get back to normal.
Good to hear. I also should point out that you need to check out dis: viewtopic.php?p=301456#p301456
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:56 pm

Good to hear. I also should point out that you need to check out dis: viewtopic.php?p=301456#p301456
Zil texted me these. Looks like a 5/7 time. Wish I was close to join you on these sorts of excursions.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:22 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:03 pm

Zil texted me these. Looks like a 5/7 time. Wish I was close to join you on these sorts of excursions.
:nice: I forget that I have your number somewhere...

It's a long weekend, come out for some trails on Sunday.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:22 pm

Can't. We're in full blast pack/purge mode for the house plac.

Purging is feeling really good.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:25 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:23 pm

I've been slowly getting rid of crap for the past year or so in preparation for moving "soon" and it is :mindblown: how much junk I still have that I'll likely never do anything with. :derp:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:29 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:25 pm

I've been slowly getting rid of crap for the past year or so in preparation for moving "soon" and it is :mindblown: how much junk I still have that I'll likely never do anything with. :derp:
Yea, it's nuts how much you accumulate.

I'm wrestling with how many of the stock C5 parts I need to hold onto. I'm not selling the car, I really want to just get rid of it all instead of moving it again.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I still have parts for C5, MR2, plus the 3 Audis and :turboyaris: - and a shitload of music gear and computer gear and random fasteners/wood/metal/plastic bits. That and tons and tons of clothes I'll never wear, xmas decorations I'll never put up, kitchen shit I'll never use, etc. :disgust: