House Plac: From Bag End to Balls Deep

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:59 pm
We’ve done this almost once a winter. Start with the hobbit movies, then LoTR.

It makes for a long weekend, but when there’s nothing else to do, why not?
I still haven't seen the Hobbit movies :( We'll I watched the first one. Was waiting until they all came out on blu-ray with the extended editions, and then I forgot about them. I'm sure those are out now as a box set that I can grab for relatively cheap. I'll look.
Yep, we have the 3D Blu-ray box set of all the hobbit movies. They’re solid IMO
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:10 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:03 pm

I still haven't seen the Hobbit movies :( We'll I watched the first one. Was waiting until they all came out on blu-ray with the extended editions, and then I forgot about them. I'm sure those are out now as a box set that I can grab for relatively cheap. I'll look.
3D blu-ray boxset is $12 cheaper than the normal blu-ray boxset on amazon :dafuq:
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:10 pm
3D blu-ray boxset is $12 cheaper than the normal blu-ray boxset on amazon :dafuq:
Done deal.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:16 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:14 pm

Done deal.
Will a 3D disc down-convert into normal playing on a standard blu-ray player?
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:37 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:16 pm
Done deal.
Ours has two disks for each movie, one 3D and one 2D Blu-ray.

That might be the case?
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:57 pm
The house is “prairie box” :doe:

Doesn’t look as “middle earth” as our current house IMO

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9-Ke ... 2276_zpid/
Gonna miss bag end. :(
I honestly won’t.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:30 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:37 pm

Ours has two disks for each movie, one 3D and one 2D Blu-ray.

That might be the case?
Oh nice. Yeah I'll check this set out and see if it has standard along with 3D
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:31 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:54 pm

Gonna miss bag end. :(
I honestly won’t.
I actually prefer this new :haus: I mean, you did 5/7 work to Bag End, but I think the new one is even 5/7'er.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:31 pm
I honestly won’t.
I actually prefer this new :haus: I mean, you did 5/7 work to Bag End, but I think the new one is even 5/7'er.
:dat: I feel the same.
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:10 pm
wap wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:08 pm
Looking forward to see what you guys do to Helms Deep.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:10 pm
It’ll be a slow process, but really excited to continue restoration of a 1910 house.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:02 pm
wap wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:12 pm

You mean Balls Deep?
:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:09 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:02 pm

You mean Balls Deep?
:notbad:
:dat:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:21 am
Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:09 am
Balls Deep it is.
:fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth

Closing on Bag End tomorrow. With any luck, closing on Balls Deep Friday.

:popcorn:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:12 pm Closing on Bag End tomorrow. With any luck, closing on Balls Deep Friday.

wap

Apex wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:12 pm Closing on Bag End tomorrow. With any luck, closing on Balls Deep Friday.

Much :popcorn:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Threat of being homeless: 2 days. not bad.

WAIT....how you moving?
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:49 am

WAIT....how you moving?
Things would have to go SERIOUSLY sideways for us to end up homeless at this point. Current owners of new house will be completely out by Friday, so we'll have possession at close.

We have possession of Bag End thru 10/1. The buyers are leaving tomorrow to go on some Asian vacation until 9/30, so they're giving us possession through the end of the month (that was part of the original offer, pretty enticing for us TBH).

:pinshit: says that none of our furniture will work in the new house, and fortunately the new owners have bought a lot of it. We sold a lot of what's left, so we really only have our dining room set, a few chairs, and our king and queen size beds to move. :tits: loves purging and packing for some reason, so we've done many trips to Salvation Army so far, and most of the house is packed in boxes. We really only have our clothes, the kitchen, and the garage to pack. I need to do some serious purging in the garage, that thing is full of crap.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:34 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:49 am

WAIT....how you moving?
Things would have to go SERIOUSLY sideways for us to end up homeless at this point. Current owners of new house will be completely out by Friday, so we'll have possession at close.

We have possession of Bag End thru 10/1. The buyers are leaving tomorrow to go on some Asian vacation until 9/30, so they're giving us possession through the end of the month (that was part of the original offer, pretty enticing for us TBH).

:pinshit: says that none of our furniture will work in the new house, and fortunately the new owners have bought a lot of it. We sold a lot of what's left, so we really only have our dining room set, a few chairs, and our king and queen size beds to move. :tits: loves purging and packing for some reason, so we've done many trips to Salvation Army so far, and most of the house is packed in boxes. We really only have our clothes, the kitchen, and the garage to pack. I need to do some serious purging in the garage, that thing is full of crap.
wow, thats almost too perfect a :dill:

good luck mang
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:36 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:34 am

good luck mang
"meant to be" or whatever :bs: It really did turn out 5/7.

Though, we had multiple offers to pick from within ~$1k take home of one another. We chose these people because of the half month free possession, dual agent, and they expressed interest at the beginning of buying furniture. We actually could have "made" a $1.5k more by choosing another offer that didn't have all that, but we clearly made the right choice at the end.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:56 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:36 am

good luck mang

Though, we had multiple offers to pick from within ~$1k take home of one another. We chose these people because of the half month free possession, dual agent, and they expressed interest at the beginning of buying furniture. We actually could have "made" a $1.5k more by choosing another offer that didn't have all that, but we clearly made the right choice at the end.
:wrong:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:22 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:56 am

Fuck it all, sell Balls Deep and embrace tiny :haus: life. :doit:

All of your worldly possessions have been liquidated anyway.
I'm too big for tiny house lyfe. I like having space where I don't feel like a giant all the time, and our 1910 house with 12 foot ceilings certainly does that.

I do wish we could have found a smaller house...closer to 1500 sq ft, but whatever.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

New house, new garage, new truck, new furniture, fuck dude you guys must be KILLING it... :waxer: :waxer: :waxer:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:27 am New house, new garage, new truck, new furniture, fuck dude you guys must be KILLING it... :waxer: :waxer: :waxer:
We did REALLY well on the sail of our current house, but the new house has less rooms and thus requires less furniture. We're not going to spend that much on furniture, honestly.

New truck may or may not happen, will depend on :dill: s in a few months.

Garage will be :waxer: and will eat up quite a bit of the proceeds from the sail of our current house. Not sure how quickly that'll happen...depending on quotes we may need to save a bit and kick it off in the spring.