House Plac: From Bag End to Balls Deep

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:21 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:42 am State law would dictate what they have to disclose and what your options would be if they failed to do so.

Some places it has to be disclosed if a murder happened in the house or the seller can get sued.

I'm sure that applies if they don't tell you about asbestos and such...
Here, we have to disclose things like leaking basements or radon. Maybe more but I'm not terribly experienced with selling properties.
Yep, same here.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Here's how the house viewing went:

First thing I noticed is the house doesn't have gutters. Anywhere. In Michigan, that's bad news for the foundation.

First :notsure:

Then we go inside and notice bowing in the tops of the window sills, indicative of water leaking (from no fucking gutters likely)

Second :notsure:

We go into the bedroom on the first floor and :tits: looks on the ceiling and points out a large discoloration. "Is that water damage?" She asked? I press on it with my finger, and it sinks in.

Strike 3, we're out.

That house is fuk'd. Roof is supposedly new in the last 10 years, upon closer inspection it almost looks like a DIY job. Minimal flashing around the dormers, minimal coverage in valleys, multiple areas where water could be getting in. That thing has a miriad of untold horrors.

:nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:43 pm Here's how the house viewing went:

First thing I noticed is the house doesn't have gutters. Anywhere. In Michigan, that's bad news for the foundation.

Then we go inside and notice bowing in the tops of the window sills, indicative of water leaking (from no fucking gutters likely)

We go into the bedroom on the first floor and :tits: looks on the ceiling and points out a large discoloration. "Is that water damage?" She asked? I press on it with my finger, and it sinks in.

Strike 3, we're out.

That house is fuk'd. Roof is supposedly new in the last 10 years, upon closer inspection it almost looks like a DIY job. Minimal flashing around the dormers, minimal coverage in valleys, multiple areas where water could be getting in. That thing has a miriad of untold horrors.

Wow selling agent got double fisted in 1 short week. Fuck that noise. A new roof can be anywhere from a 30-70k affair, let alone fixing the damage that already exists. Looks like someone pulled a “make it look cute for people who have no idea what they’re doing so we can sell it” card. bold move. No dice.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:55 pm

Strike 3, we're out.

Wow selling agent got double fisted in 1 short week. Fuck that noise. A new roof can be anywhere from a 30-70k affair, let alone fixing the damage that already exists. Looks like someone pulled a “make it look cute for people who have no idea what they’re doing so we can sell it” card. bold move. No dice.
Nah, roof would top out at $20k for all the bells and whistles, $15k is probably most realistic. But then add in $5k for all new gutters and it's $20k before you even address what's damaged. And water damage can run deep with mold and rot and an endless hole for money.

Pointed out all the water damage to the realtor, he didn't even ask if we're still going to submit an offer. He knows he's screwed.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

How'd you miss all that the first time you saw the house? :disgust:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Strike 3, we're out.

:wtf: :disgust:
Well now you know why a) it's been on the market so long, b) why it's so cheap, and c) why the last buyer pulled out.
:nope: :nope: :nope:
:nope: :hellno: :nope:
:dislike: :dislike: :dislike: :gtfo:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:02 pm

Nah, roof would top out at $20k for all the bells and whistles, $15k is probably most realistic. But then add in $5k for all new gutters and it's $20k before you even address what's damaged. And water damage can run deep with mold and rot and an endless hole for money.

Pointed out all the water damage to the realtor, he didn't even ask if we're still going to submit an offer. He knows he's screwed.
:dat:
We had our roof done last year, including stripping off 3 layers of shingles and replacing with a 50 year system, was $20k, and I think my house is bigger than this one.
Thank :jesus: that insurance covered it due to hail damage from a freak local micro burst last July.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:04 pm How'd you miss all that the first time you saw the house? :disgust:
I saw the missing gutters on the first shot, but the house is so hideous, we weren't looking for damage specifically like we were tonight.

We also got some torrential rain this weekend, more than we've gotten all season (it's been super dry so far) that probably made the leaks worse right now.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:08 pm

Strike 3, we're out.

Well now you know why a) it's been on the market so long, b) why it's so cheap, and c) why the last buyer pulled out.
Yep, totally. They'll never sell that thing unless they drop the price way low.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:32 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:08 pm
Yep, totally. They'll never sell that thing unless they drop the price way low.
Yea, or if they wait until the next drought so everything seems :thisisfine: , otherwise, just :nuke: the fucker.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Strike 3, we're out.

:disgust: :mindblown:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Strike 3, we're out.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

One down. It won't end till you move in with the Tooks, which you know. Slow roll breh.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:15 am One down. It won't end till you move in with the Tooks, which you know. Slow roll breh.
Yea, I know it. She's "over it" as of now, but I'm sure that'll change as soon as the next listing pops up.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:15 am One down. It won't end till you move in with the Tooks, which you know. Slow roll breh.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Strike 3, we're out.

Water in the house is bad.

Source: Am expert on water in houses.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:17 am
Yea, I know it. She's "over it" as of now, but I'm sure that'll change as soon as the next listing pops up.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Update on the beach house :dill: , we had a lawyer review the condo corp bylaws and like what we see. Essentially fees are rock solid at 64/mth and anything new needs to be voted on by the unit holders. There are also 11/17 units held privately, so the developer would have a hard time voting in new charges that didn't benefit the group. We waved the condition and are moving forward with Financing which we already qualify for.

:popcorn:
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:46 am

Strike 3, we're out.

Water in the house is bad.

Source: Am expert on water in houses.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a case where walls had to come down...I was actually envisioning some of the photos I saw of your restoration.

:hellno:
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:38 am Update on the beach house :dill: , we had a lawyer review the condo corp bylaws and like what we see. Essentially fees are rock solid at 64/mth and anything new needs to be voted on by the unit holders. There are also 11/17 units held privately, so the developer would have a hard time voting in new charges that didn't benefit the group. We waved the condition and are moving forward with Financing which we already qualify for.

Is this is Grand Bend?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:42 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:38 am Update on the beach house :dill: , we had a lawyer review the condo corp bylaws and like what we see. Essentially fees are rock solid at 64/mth and anything new needs to be voted on by the unit holders. There are also 11/17 units held privately, so the developer would have a hard time voting in new charges that didn't benefit the group. We waved the condition and are moving forward with Financing which we already qualify for.

Is this is Grand Bend?
Yes! 5 bdroom/6 bed plus three pull out couch rental house. Condo corp outlined a 7 day rental bylaw which was the major hold up.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:46 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:42 am

Is this is Grand Bend?
Yes! 5 bdroom/6 bed plus three pull out couch rental house. Condo corp outlined a 7 day rental bylaw which was the major hold up.
Oh, wow. :notbad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:59 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:46 am

Oh, wow. :notbad:
Thank you!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I brought my mortgage broker a Starbucks coffee and oat fudge bar. She is going to ask head office of she can discount a little deeper. Plus she's not terrible on the eyes.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:23 am I brought my mortgage broker a Starbucks coffee and oat fudge bar. She is going to ask head office of she can discount a little deeper. Plus she's not terrible on the eyes.
:ohdang: pics?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.