House Plac: From Bag End to Balls Deep

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

If found this one a few months back. I think its a crazy deal for what you get in a house of :waxer: TOTALLY not my modern cup of tea but damn I could throw some parties there.

$2.5M
7500 sqft
6bed 6 bath. Large garage. Epic outdoor spaces

Theater room. bad ass pool/fountains

A basement in south LA... :mindblown:

Terrible fucking design in the master bedroom. :disgust:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/648- ... lpage=true

A fucking hottub in the movie room basement? :wtf:

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:25 pm If found this one a few months back. I think its a crazy deal for what you get in a house of :waxer: TOTALLY not my modern cup of tea but damn I could throw some parties there.

$2.5M
7500 sqft

This is absolutely fantastic.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

So tarriffs! Apparently our .Gov went :fullretard: & just imposed a 25% retaliatory tarriff on US steel and alum. Cost of condos is about to skyrocket. Wondering if my deal still stands. Nothing signed yet. :popcorn: :yikes:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:08 pm So tarriffs! Apparently our .Gov went :fullretard: & just imposed a 25% retaliatory tarriff on US steel and alum. Cost of condos is about to skyrocket. Wondering if my deal still stands. Nothing signed yet. :popcorn: :yikes:
you are buying a condo? To move into or as second place?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:18 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:08 pm So tarriffs! Apparently our .Gov went :fullretard: & just imposed a 25% retaliatory tarriff on US steel and alum. Cost of condos is about to skyrocket. Wondering if my deal still stands. Nothing signed yet. :popcorn: :yikes:
you are buying a condo? To move into or as second place?
Plan is to rent it out until the equity grows high enough to puta down payment on a second one to also rent out. Eventually pay for them both and gift them to my two sons when we croak or whatever.

With current protectionism on the horizon I'm calling recession/depression and am having second thoughts. Condo builds are going to either skyrocket in price our cease to get built if we do the 25% tariff :bs: . :math:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:18 pm Holy hell. That's a lot of house for the price. Looks mint too. That would be a tough one to pass on.

How long have you been doing the "active walkable" lyfestyle? We managed 3 years before we just got over it.
I get being over the walkable hood lifestyle in Detroit. Even visiting Royal Oak, which is absolutely really nice and I guess the trendiest of trendy suburbs, I never wanted for a parking spot. The Detroit metro area is just so car-oriented, I imagine you gain very little by giving up the space of the 'burbs for a more compact neighborhood.

I've been in a neighborhood like this one, though, for basically my whole life. I grew up in the city, then at 13 my parents moved out to the suburbs and it always felt like a foreign land to me. When I picked a university it actually ended up being nestled into a neighborhood much like the one I grew up in, then my wife and I bought our current house, which sits less than a mile from the main entrance to campus. We've been here 8 years now and it's hard to imagine being anywhere else. There's the collection of :millennial: bars and restaurants nearby, but also some very family-oriented ones, an ice cream shop, a donut shop, a toy store, a corner grocery, etc. all in walking distance. We also have a biking/walking trail 2 blocks over from where we are now and a 2 acre pocket park just a couple blocks away. It's a lot of amenities to give up when when we currently have plenty of space for what will very soon still just be 3 of us.

There were two other issues at play too. Schools and the garage. We live in the city school district which, if you ask any suburbanite, is an instant :butwhy: :doomed: :hellno:. Indianapolis knows it needs to keep families here, so they've opened two small k-8 magnet schools in the neighborhood with a priority radius of one mile. We fall into one of those, which means we actually have a good school choice available if we stay where we are. That other house is in one of the township districts which, 25 years ago would have been phenomenal, but now due to sprawl the families who would have lived there 30 years ago are in the next ring of suburbs outside the county and the schools have fallen off dramatically. They're not awful (yet?), but they're not as good as the option we have here. And finally, the garage. That two car garage is plenty deep and has tons of room for storage and activities, but 0% chance I could ever have my 3 car garage. If we stay where we are long enough, I'll be able to build my garage-mahal.

The house was amazing, I was flooded with emotions of wanting to put in an offer halfway through the tour, but once we thought about all of the above we just couldn't pull the trigger.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:18 pm Holy hell. That's a lot of house for the price. Looks mint too. That would be a tough one to pass on.

How long have you been doing the "active walkable" lyfestyle? We managed 3 years before we just got over it.
I get being over the walkable hood lifestyle in Detroit. Even visiting Royal Oak, which is absolutely really nice and I guess the trendiest of trendy suburbs, I never wanted for a parking spot. The Detroit metro area is just so car-oriented, I imagine you gain very little by giving up the space of the 'burbs for a more compact neighborhood.

I've been in a neighborhood like this one, though, for basically my whole life. I grew up in the city, then at 13 my parents moved out to the suburbs and it always felt like a foreign land to me. When I picked a university it actually ended up being nestled into a neighborhood much like the one I grew up in, then my wife and I bought our current house, which sits less than a mile from the main entrance to campus. We've been here 8 years now and it's hard to imagine being anywhere else. There's the collection of :millennial: bars and restaurants nearby, but also some very family-oriented ones, an ice cream shop, a donut shop, a toy store, a corner grocery, etc. all in walking distance. We also have a biking/walking trail 2 blocks over from where we are now and a 2 acre pocket park just a couple blocks away. It's a lot of amenities to give up when when we currently have plenty of space for what will very soon still just be 3 of us.

There were two other issues at play too. Schools and the garage. We live in the city school district which, if you ask any suburbanite, is an instant :butwhy: :doomed: :hellno:. Indianapolis knows it needs to keep families here, so they've opened two small k-8 magnet schools in the neighborhood with a priority radius of one mile. We fall into one of those, which means we actually have a good school choice available if we stay where we are. That other house is in one of the township districts which, 25 years ago would have been phenomenal, but now due to sprawl the families who would have lived there 30 years ago are in the next ring of suburbs outside the county and the schools have fallen off dramatically. They're not awful (yet?), but they're not as good as the option we have here. And finally, the garage. That two car garage is plenty deep and has tons of room for storage and activities, but 0% chance I could ever have my 3 car garage. If we stay where we are long enough, I'll be able to build my garage-mahal.

The house was amazing, I was flooded with emotions of wanting to put in an offer halfway through the tour, but once we thought about all of the above we just couldn't pull the trigger.
Tight writing pro-tip. You had us at the bolded. :micdrop:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:25 pm If found this one a few months back. I think its a crazy deal for what you get in a house of :waxer: TOTALLY not my modern cup of tea but damn I could throw some parties there.

$2.5M
7500 sqft

Damn. That basement is :ludacris:.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:25 pm Tight writing pro-tip. You had us at the bolded. :micdrop:
:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

We'll, :dillerman: :bs: got the :tits:

SUDDENLY there's another "cash" offer and we were advised to revise ours. Because after 270 days on the market, someone else would submit an offer at the exact same time as us.

:yeahok: :rolleyes:

Offer revised to $410. I told :tits: it was :bs: but she wants to up anyway.

:rage:

:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:20 pm

Well thought out.

We're not far from Royal oak, in Ferndale which is more trendy these days. The benefit to walking is being able to booze ZFG. We're looking to move to pleasant ridge, nearly as walkable (bikeable), bigger yards, etc. Actually, biking distance to downtown Royal oak, Ferndale, the zoo, and Tony's Sports Bar. The last is critical.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:13 pm We'll, :dillerman: :bs: got the :tits:

SUDDENLY there's another "cash" offer and we were advised to revise ours. Because after 270 days on the market, someone else would submit an offer at the exact same time as us.

:wat: :hellno: way that's legit. :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:37 pm

:wat: :hellno: way that's legit. :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:
RIGHT?!?!

:tits: bought it hook line and sinker. Whatever, the house is still a good deal at 410 should they accept
wap

Just get $5k more for yours.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:00 pm Just get $5k more for yours.
Assuming the offer is accepted :dat:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I would have submitted a lower offer lolol

Such classic fucking games. It's like house agents worked at used car lots prior.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Good luck man.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:54 pm

Such classic fucking games. It's like house agents worked at used car lots prior.
Seriously. What in the fuck.
ChrisoftheNorth

We're out boozing on the porch, realtor just came over (she's our neighbor), and I called her out of the :bs:

She claimed no :bs: and that she thinks we're in the hunt with our offer. Supposedly, the "cash offer" person has been in the house 3 times now.
:notsure:
:yeahok: :dillerman:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

coogles wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:21 pm Wife and I almost :plac: ed on this house -
http://www.talktotucker.com/idx/6305-gr ... 4891_spid/

It's not at all what we would normally think of as our style, but I loved the modern feel, the three seasons room, the two tiered deck, the basketball pad and fire pit in the back. What killed it for us was the neighborhood. No sidewalks, a few houses that weren't very well cared for, nothing at all to walk to, just a very different feel than the walkable, active neighborhood we're used to. Still get wistful about it, though, even a few weeks later.

That looks 5/7
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

$2.5M
7500 sqft

Cajun Escobar's house. :impressive:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:32 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:00 pm Just get $5k more for yours.
Assuming the offer is accepted :dat:
Right.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:15 pm We're out boozing on the porch, realtor just came over (she's our neighbor), and I called her out of the :bs:

She claimed no :bs: and that she thinks we're in the hunt with our offer. Supposedly, the "cash offer" person has been in the house 3 times now.
:rolleyes: :yeahok:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:54 pm

This.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:15 pm We're out boozing on the porch, realtor just came over (she's our neighbor), and I called her out of the :bs:

She's full of shit up to her eyeballs.