House Plac: From Bag End to Balls Deep

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:54 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:50 am

Makes your offer look even better. If they want to sell it as is, just say that.

Some people are just crazy and they have houses to sell too I guess.
Oh, true. Haven't considered this tactic yet.

TBH, I'm over it. The madness just isn't worth it. I like our current house, and while we could cash in big on it, I just don't think this is all worth the hassle.

In an ideal world, we'd sell our house now and move into a rental house. When the bubble bursts, buy something when the craziness has subsided. But :tits: won't do that, so I think we'll just stay put. Would love to take down this shady listing agent if we can, :doe:
All you need is to say “go.” And we mobilize
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:08 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:57 am A lot depends on your realtor association in our experience. Buying and selling in Lexington, KY was a lot different than in Grand Rapids Michigan.

Up here they put a house up for sale for a week before accepting offers, typically after an open house. Then it's basically a slow auction. Selling agent goes back to every original offer and ask if they want to go up because they got out bid. We had to play the game.

In KY, the Realtors were much more buyer friendly. What's a couple grand more on they selling price when you're getting 3%? Freakonomics did a podcast cast on that too. I think their book was a lot of that as well.

Lexington didn't get hammered by the housing crisis, at least home values didn't crater like they did up here. One particular house we looked at in 2013 in GR has nearly doubled. That ain't good.
Seller's market for sure. It's a terrible buying experience, :doe: which turns us off completely.

We're pretty sure the selling agent or us in both cases didn't even present our offers to his clients as both houses we put offers on aren't listed as pending yet. :tits: is :rage: and has contacted the listing agent directly posing as a new buyer to see if he says they're available or not. If he says they're available, we can turn him into the local realtor ethic's board apparently. Our realtor buddy said this dude is notorious for screwing over buyers like this and we could take him down.

:popcorn:
:ohdang:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:28 am Big day for us. Our lawyer gets the recent Condo corp bylaws (Status Cert) on the rental beach house. If he says it all looks clean and we have stable fees then we are probably going to buy it.
Good luck, Surf!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:03 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:28 am Big day for us. Our lawyer gets the recent Condo corp bylaws (Status Cert) on the rental beach house. If he says it all looks clean and we have stable fees then we are probably going to buy it.
Good luck, Surf!
Thanks Wap!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

House #1 is back. We were asked tonight if our offer still stands, apparently the "significantly above ask" offer people are nickel and diming the sellers to death after the inspection to "near our offer". Recall that ours waved the right to ask for repairs after inspection for $10k off.
:facepalm:

So.

They're willing to entertain our offer $10k below ask now, indicating that the other offer was real. I said we should fuck them and knock $5k off for making us wait. :tits: said no, but we're going to go see the house one more time tomorrow night to decide if we want to put our offer back out there or not.

Selling agent did say that "someone else had requested a showing" which we know is :tits: so that's a :bs: tactic. :lolol:

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:47 pm House #1 is back. We were asked tonight if our offer still stands, apparently the "significantly above ask" offer people are nickel and diming the sellers to death after the inspection to "near our offer". Recall that ours waved the right to ask for repairs after inspection for $10k off.

So.

They're willing to entertain our offer $10k below ask now, indicating that the other offer was real. I said we should fuck them and knock $5k off for making us wait. :tits: said no, but we're going to go see the house one more time tomorrow night to decide if we want to put our offer back out there or not.

Selling agent did say that "someone else had requested a showing" which we know is :tits: so that's a :bs: tactic. :lolol:

This has :notsure: written all over it.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:52 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:47 pm House #1 is back. We were asked tonight if our offer still stands, apparently the "significantly above ask" offer people are nickel and diming the sellers to death after the inspection to "near our offer". Recall that ours waved the right to ask for repairs after inspection for $10k off.

So.

If he came back telling us to go over ask, I'd be :nope:

But he said they'd entertain our below ask offer, sooo what did he gain by making us wait 2 weeks?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:57 pm

But he said they'd entertain our below ask offer, sooo what did he gain by making us wait 2 weeks?
:impressive:

Great call, you nailed it!
wap

The only thing I can think of is he tried a :bs: tactic to get you to up your offer. :iono:

Good on you for not letting it work.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:03 pm

The only thing I can think of is he tried a :bs: tactic to get you to up your offer. :iono:

Exactly. If he came back asking for more, I'd know :bs: was going down.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:07 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:03 pm

Oh I still think there is :bs: afoot, but you're not falling for it because you're not a :derp: . Hold your position.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:09 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:07 pm
Oh I still think there is :bs: afoot, but you're not falling for it because you're not a :derp: . Hold your position.
Well, if we submit our offer and told it's too much, we'll know.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:11 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:09 pm

You mean by your agent?
razr390

I still think 4-5 of us should offer anywhere from 25-100k below ask so they will see your offer of 10k below as amazing.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:11 pm

You mean by your agent?
No, seller agent. Our agent said she'll submit whatever we want. She did say ask is a good price, but that she'll do whatever we want.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:20 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:14 pm

You mean by your agent?
No, seller agent. Our agent said she'll submit whatever we want. She did say ask is a good price, but that she'll do whatever we want.
What sellers agent would ever tell a prospective buyer that their offer was too high?
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:22 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:20 pm
What sellers agent would ever tell a prospective buyer that their offer was too high?
Gah, :drunk: posting last night. I meant to say too low.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

This thread is soul crushing
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:49 am This thread is soul crushing
:dat:

We're going to see the house tonight. We got cleared to be there for 2 hours, in which I'm going to give it a serious inspection. Told :tits: I'm pretty much over the idea of moving at this point, and she agreed. Unless this thing proves to be a screaming :dill: (no major issues at our offer for $10k below ask), we're likely going to walk and put this whole thing to rest.

It really is soul crushing. I have no interest in going through the :bs: anymore, it's just not worth it.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:54 am

We're going to see the house tonight. We got cleared to be there for 2 hours, in which I'm going to give it a serious inspection. Told :tits: I'm pretty much over the idea of moving at this point, and she agreed. Unless this thing proves to be a screaming :dill: (no major issues at our offer for $10k below ask), we're likely going to walk and put this whole thing to rest.

It really is soul crushing. I have no interest in going through the :bs: anymore, it's just not worth it.
Time to nickel and dime them to 50k under ask for the shit wrong with house.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:58 am

Nothing is more :rage: as a seller. These people haven't sold a house in 40 years, so they have no idea...well, it sounds like they do now.

Offers that remove the ability to nickel and dime after inspection are hugely appealing to me as a prospective seller.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:00 am
razr390 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:58 am
Nothing is more :rage: as a seller. These people haven't sold a house in 40 years, so they have no idea...well, it sounds like they do now.

Offers that remove the ability to nickel and dime after inspection are hugely appealing to me as a prospective seller.
It’s pretty much the same feeling I had when [user not found] told me his dillershit bought out my GTI lease so I had no “wear & tear” or other fees to worry about.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:02 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:00 am

It’s pretty much the same feeling I had when [user not found] told me his dillershit bought out my GTI lease so I had no “wear & tear” or other fees to worry about.
Yep, same thing.

It's something I'm beginning to dread about selling our house. There's a lot of little things we could be nickel and dimed to death on. Nothing serious (otherwise I would have fixed it by now), but I don't want to be rushing around at the last minute fixing crap that's really :whocares: .
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:20 am
wap wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:22 pm

Gah, :drunk: posting last night. I meant to say too low.
OH! Well that makes sense now. :lol:
wap

This bird has flown, brah.