House Plac: From Bag End to Balls Deep

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

A lot depends on your realtor association in our experience. Buying and selling in Lexington, KY was a lot different than in Grand Rapids Michigan.

Up here they put a house up for sale for a week before accepting offers, typically after an open house. Then it's basically a slow auction. Selling agent goes back to every original offer and ask if they want to go up because they got out bid. We had to play the game.

In KY, the Realtors were much more buyer friendly. What's a couple grand more on they selling price when you're getting 3%? Freakonomics did a podcast cast on that too. I think their book was a lot of that as well.

Lexington didn't get hammered by the housing crisis, at least home values didn't crater like they did up here. One particular house we looked at in 2013 in GR has nearly doubled. That ain't good.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:11 pm I just want a big garage, a level driveway, and a 1500ish sq ft :haus: with good air conditioning in a decently convenient location for an OK price. NFG about river rocks or potfillers...
Same. This just doesn't exist maybe anywhere. Big garage=big house pretty much everywhere we look. The last house we lost was a :unicorn: with a giant 2.5 car that was 1.5 deep (with ample room to expand) and a 2k sq ft house.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:57 am A lot depends on your realtor association in our experience. Buying and selling in Lexington, KY was a lot different than in Grand Rapids Michigan.

Up here they put a house up for sale for a week before accepting offers, typically after an open house. Then it's basically a slow auction. Selling agent goes back to every original offer and ask if they want to go up because they got out bid. We had to play the game.

In KY, the Realtors were much more buyer friendly. What's a couple grand more on they selling price when you're getting 3%? Freakonomics did a podcast cast on that too. I think their book was a lot of that as well.

Lexington didn't get hammered by the housing crisis, at least home values didn't crater like they did up here. One particular house we looked at in 2013 in GR has nearly doubled. That ain't good.
Seller's market for sure. It's a terrible buying experience, :doe: which turns us off completely.

We're pretty sure the selling agent or us in both cases didn't even present our offers to his clients as both houses we put offers on aren't listed as pending yet. :tits: is :rage: and has contacted the listing agent directly posing as a new buyer to see if he says they're available or not. If he says they're available, we can turn him into the local realtor ethic's board apparently. Our realtor buddy said this dude is notorious for screwing over buyers like this and we could take him down.

:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:08 pm

Anywhere desirable is going to be like this, unfortunately. It's a seller's market everywhere desirable, so you'll pay too much and bend over backwards for a :dill:

I know a guy at work that liquidated a good portion of his 401k to buy his wife's "dream house" because they were in the same situation as us where the seller wanted to close asap. That's some :fullretard: shit. Wife and I at least agree on that.
Massive tax penalties to style around. There are things more important in life than fancy kitchens and bathrooms and dat Sunset Magazine life. One is called "freedom." All those motherfuckers in Sunset are loaded. They aren't raiding their 401ks.
Dude's in his 40's, and has multiple crotchfruit. One of his big reasons was moving to a new district with better sports or some shit for the fruit. Made zero sense to me, but it did to him. What a moran.
ChrisoftheNorth

I'm fortunate that :tits: completely sees that the retirement accounts are off limits. She's with me on that one, I told her to assume they don't even exist.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Big day for us. Our lawyer gets the recent Condo corp bylaws (Status Cert) on the rental beach house. If he says it all looks clean and we have stable fees then we are probably going to buy it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:28 am Big day for us. Our lawyer gets the recent Condo corp bylaws (Status Cert) on the rental beach house. If he says it all looks clean and we have stable fees then we are probably going to buy it.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:08 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:57 am A lot depends on your realtor association in our experience. Buying and selling in Lexington, KY was a lot different than in Grand Rapids Michigan.

Seller's market for sure. It's a terrible buying experience, :doe: which turns us off completely.

We're pretty sure the selling agent or us in both cases didn't even present our offers to his clients as both houses we put offers on aren't listed as pending yet. :tits: is :rage: and has contacted the listing agent directly posing as a new buyer to see if he says they're available or not. If he says they're available, we can turn him into the local realtor ethic's board apparently. Our realtor buddy said this dude is notorious for screwing over buyers like this and we could take him down.

Do you need DFD to start emailing with inquiries on the house?
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:55 am

:ohdang:

Possibly, we'll see if he gets back to :tits:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:01 am

We can all email with offers of 75-100k below list. :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:03 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:01 am

:lolol: I like this idea. He'd be so :angrypanda:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:05 am
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:03 am

Agents have ZERO incentive to encourage a lower that ask offer. Its fucking rage inducing. Hence the games. If both agents are playing the game in cahoots, they just fleece everyone. Why do you think its so common to here "We got full ask!" from sellers. Their selling agent maxes his profits and the buying agent leds cattle to the automatic feeder.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:59 am
Agents have ZERO incentive to encourage a lower that ask offer. Its fucking rage inducing. Hence the games. If both agents are playing the game in cahoots, they just fleece everyone. Why do you think its so common to here "We got full ask!" from sellers. Their selling agent maxes his profits and the buying agent leds cattle to the automatic feeder.
Especially in this market, it's all just a big scam. Everyone is losing except the realtors benefiting from it.

We do hope to take this listing agent down, :doe:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:37 am

Especially in this market, it's all just a big scam. Everyone is losing except the realtors benefiting from it.

We do hope to take this listing agent down, :doe:
DFD army waiting orders. On command, we are ready to offer $25-100k below ask, as well as negative review bomb realtor’s google and yelp pages.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Weathly industrialist Mr. H.E. Pennypacker here reporting for duty.

What's the email?
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:06 am

Weathly industrialist Mr. H.E. Pennypacker here reporting for duty.

What's the email?
:lolol:

Let's see what happens with :tits: e-mail. If he responds that the houses are available (after we lost our offers), it's full :nuke: time.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Market gets over inflated. CRASH!
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:08 am

I'm worried that's going to happen here. That's why I'd love to cash out of our current house and into something that needs work as is undervalued. This thing is on a street where things rarely sell for under 500k, even in bad times.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/46-C ... 2581_zpid/

Two weeks ago we put an offer in on this house and were told there was "an above ask" offer that the seller accepted instead. "Normal" inspection time is 10 days...so we're past that and the house never changed status.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:16 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:08 am

I'm worried that's going to happen here. That's why I'd love to cash out of our current house and into something that needs work as is undervalued. This thing is on a street where things rarely sell for under 500k, even in bad times.

Two weeks ago we put an offer in on this house and were told there was "an above ask" offer that the seller accepted instead. "Normal" inspection time is 10 days...so we're past that and the house never changed status.
Could be negotiating repairs of things found in inspection that weren't on sellers disclosure. Scheduled contractors, engineers, etc... Then Again, it so seller friendly up here who know if the agents "allow" things like that. Not an easy thing to navigate

But also could be Zillow isn't being updated.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Over asking on a house with a price cut that's been on the market for that long?

Something is rotten in Denmark

Pics looks good doe. Kinda like the cozy green wallpaper
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:37 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:16 am

Could be negotiating repairs of things found in inspection that weren't on sellers disclosure. Scheduled contractors, engineers, etc... Then Again, it so seller friendly up here who know if the agents "allow" things like that. Not an easy thing to navigate

Our realtor buddy confirmed yesterday that's not listed as pending on the MLS.

Our offer waived inspection repairs with a 5-day inspection period (just have the ability to walk after inspection, but not ask for shit fixed), so I'd be surprised if they were that motivated to deal with someone trying to nickel and dime repairs if they had our offer on the table. We made it clear that ours remains as a backup.

Seems fishy to me...
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:41 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:37 am

Our offer waived inspection repairs with a 5-day inspection period (just have the ability to walk after inspection, but not ask for shit fixed), so I'd be surprised if they were that motivated to deal with someone trying to nickel and dime repairs if they had our offer on the table. We made it clear that ours remains as a backup.

Seems fishy to me...
Did you have an appraisal?
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:43 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:41 am

Seems fishy to me...
Nah, the house is so below market that shouldn't be an issue.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:45 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:43 am

Makes your offer look even better. If they want to sell it as is, just say that.

Some people are just crazy and they have houses to sell too I guess.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:50 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:45 am
Makes your offer look even better. If they want to sell it as is, just say that.

Some people are just crazy and they have houses to sell too I guess.
Oh, true. Haven't considered this tactic yet.

TBH, I'm over it. The madness just isn't worth it. I like our current house, and while we could cash in big on it, I just don't think this is all worth the hassle.

In an ideal world, we'd sell our house now and move into a rental house. When the bubble bursts, buy something when the craziness has subsided. But :tits: won't do that, so I think we'll just stay put. Would love to take down this shady listing agent if we can, :doe: