House Plac: From Bag End to Balls Deep

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:33 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:55 pm

Yeah, this posted needed the fullsize gif instead of our emoji.
:dat:

:impressive: :pinshit: content here :doe:

'grats on selling the house. I'm honored that I got to take a drunken leak there once.
The :pinshit: has just begun...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Closing tomorrow, and the title company is insisting that we wire our cash to close to them because of the amount (~$85k). Horror stories abound about wires getting intercepted by scammers. Last time we just brought a bank check. Wish we could do that again. Weird.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:27 pm Closing tomorrow, and the title company is insisting that we wire our cash to close to them because of the amount (~$85k). Horror stories abound about wires getting intercepted by scammers. Last time we just brought a bank check. Wish we could do that again. Weird.
Wanna spend a day at my job? :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:09 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:27 pm Closing tomorrow, and the title company is insisting that we wire our cash to close to them because of the amount (~$85k). Horror stories abound about wires getting intercepted by scammers. Last time we just brought a bank check. Wish we could do that again. Weird.
Dude, is that what you handle? FUUUUUuuuuuuuuu

:tits: raised hell and the title company agreed to let us bring a bank check. Definitely feel better about that.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:10 pm

:tits: raised hell and the title company agreed to let us bring a bank check. Definitely feel better about that.
Indirectly, yes. I work with our online platforms, including domestic and international wires.
Some days are more exciting than others. :lol:

One thing with checks that large is some banks will hold funds for a few extra days. Depending on the title co's bank they might have to front some cash or wait a few days to send out all of the checks they need to.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:13 pm

Indirectly, yes. I work with our online platforms, including domestic and international wires.

One thing with checks that large is some banks will hold funds for a few extra days. Depending on the title co's bank they might have to front some cash or wait a few days to send out all of the checks they need to.
Yea, well better than worrying about the cash being sucked into the abyss by some scammer somehow. No way dude.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Yea, well better than worrying about the cash being sucked into the abyss by some scammer somehow. No way dude.
Especially with title companies, it's usually someone hacking the attorneys email and then giving the title company fake wire instructions.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:30 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:15 pm
Especially with title companies, it's usually someone hacking the attorneys email and then giving the title company fake wire instructions.
So ridiculous. Our realtor was telling us that at least once a month they have a transaction where fund go poof into thin air. Really bad. :nope:

We got our check, we're good to go. Title company can suck it if they have beef with that.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Thats like, their job for the most part.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Thats like, their job for the most part.
:notsure: Usually they aren't writing checks/sending wires until they are in receipt of the appropriate funds.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:wtf: Why wouldn't a certified or bank check work?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

:fuckyeah: :tits:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:50 pm
:iono:

Like 'pex said, it's probably a thing about banks holding funds or something. Fuckers.
ChrisoftheNorth

Just did walkthrough on house. Legit :fuckyeah: right now. Previous owner is leaving a number of old trim he has in basement for :pinshit: projects as well as a planer larger enough to do doors. I was actually going to buy a planer at some point, so :notbad:

They still have a lot of moving to do :doe: Possession at close tomorrow at noon, they better get on it.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:53 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:50 pm

:iono:

Like 'pex said, it's probably a thing about banks holding funds or something. Fuckers.
:rolleyes:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Wrong thread!

Nice house. I'd strip the paint in that trim
ChrisoftheNorth

In house. It is epic for us. New thread will be coming when we're done moving this weekend.

:fuckyeah:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:08 pm In house. It is epic for us. New thread will be coming when we're done moving this weekend.

Nice!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:08 pm In house. It is epic for us. New thread will be coming when we're done moving this weekend.

:fuckyeah: Grats!
Much :excited: for new :haus: thread!
:popcorn:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:59 pm

New thread? :butwhy:

Carry on with the one you’ve already built.
Bag End goes Balls Deep
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:46 pm

Bag End goes Balls Deep
:dat:
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:46 pm

Bag End goes Balls Deep
:notbad:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Why are there no updates on this nasty bitch?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:29 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:00 pm Why are there no updates on this nasty bitch?
Dplac's still building the :pinshit: lists. Not ready for publication yet.
can we find her pinterest?
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:41 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:29 pm

Dplac's still building the :pinshit: lists. Not ready for publication yet.
can we find her pinterest?
@ :tits: