House Plac: From Bag End to Balls Deep

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Dplac is one of the top :troywax: ers on this forum. :fuckyeah: can't wait to see how you guys set up the new place!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:34 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:49 am

Threat of being homeless: 2 days. not bad.

WAIT....how you moving?
Things would have to go SERIOUSLY sideways for us to end up homeless at this point. Current owners of new house will be completely out by Friday, so we'll have possession at close.

We have possession of Bag End thru 10/1. The buyers are leaving tomorrow to go on some Asian vacation until 9/30, so they're giving us possession through the end of the month (that was part of the original offer, pretty enticing for us TBH).

:pinshit: says that none of our furniture will work in the new house, and fortunately the new owners have bought a lot of it. We sold a lot of what's left, so we really only have our dining room set, a few chairs, and our king and queen size beds to move. :tits: loves purging and packing for some reason, so we've done many trips to Salvation Army so far, and most of the house is packed in boxes. We really only have our clothes, the kitchen, and the garage to pack. I need to do some serious purging in the garage, that thing is full of crap.
It's pretty fantastic how all the timing and scheduling worked in your favor. Much excite.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:21 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:56 am
"meant to be" or whatever :bs: It really did turn out 5/7.

Though, we had multiple offers to pick from within ~$1k take home of one another. We chose these people because of the half month free possession, dual agent, and they expressed interest at the beginning of buying furniture. We actually could have "made" a $1.5k more by choosing another offer that didn't have all that, but we clearly made the right choice at the end.
:wrong:
:dat:

:lolgasm:
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:32 am
troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:27 am New house, new garage, new truck, new furniture, fuck dude you guys must be KILLING it... :waxer: :waxer: :waxer:
We did REALLY well on the sail of our current house, but the new house has less rooms and thus requires less furniture. We're not going to spend that much on furniture, honestly.

New truck may or may not happen, will depend on :dill: s in a few months.

Garage will be :waxer: and will eat up quite a bit of the proceeds from the sail of our current house. Not sure how quickly that'll happen...depending on quotes we may need to save a bit and kick it off in the spring.
:bruh:

wap

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:15 pm Dplac is one of the top :troywax: ers on this forum. :fuckyeah: can't wait to see how you guys set up the new place!

:excited:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:32 am
We did REALLY well on the sail of our current house, but the new house has less rooms and thus requires less furniture. We're not going to spend that much on furniture, honestly.

New truck may or may not happen, will depend on :dill: s in a few months.

Garage will be :waxer: and will eat up quite a bit of the proceeds from the sail of our current house. Not sure how quickly that'll happen...depending on quotes we may need to save a bit and kick it off in the spring.

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Bag End is officially not ours. Today we're going to hammer out when we can close on Balls Deep. Still shooting for tomorrow, but there's some concern about logistics...money transfer completing, bank getting its shit together, etc. Might be next week.

We had the new owners over last night on our porch for boozing. Bag End is their first home purchase and they're in their mid-20's. I wish I had the funds to buy a house like this when I was their age, but they're appropriately excited and legit cool folks.
:neat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:06 am
wap wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:55 pm

:D
Forgot to add
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:09 am Bag End is officially not ours. Today we're going to hammer out when we can close on Balls Deep. Still shooting for tomorrow, but there's some concern about logistics...money transfer completing, bank getting its shit together, etc. Might be next week.

We had the new owners over last night on our porch for boozing. Bag End is their first home purchase and they're in their mid-20's. I wish I had the funds to buy a house like this when I was their age, but they're appropriately excited and legit cool folks.
:impressive:
Hopefully, since you're still going to live nearby, they'll keep you updated on their changes to your handiwork over the years, like what kind of garage will they replace the existing one with, will they put cabinets back up where the :pinshit: barn wood shelving is in the kitchen, etc.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:05 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:09 am Bag End is officially not ours. Today we're going to hammer out when we can close on Balls Deep. Still shooting for tomorrow, but there's some concern about logistics...money transfer completing, bank getting its shit together, etc. Might be next week.

Hopefully, since you're still going to live nearby, they'll keep you updated on their changes to your handiwork over the years, like what kind of garage will they replace the existing one with, will they put cabinets back up where the :pinshit: barn wood shelving is in the kitchen, etc.
Incredibly, the chick told us last night that the kitchen is her favorite part of the house. The orange walls, the open shelving, and when we told her the shelves were 100 year old barn wood, I thought she was going to pass out from excitement.

Gotta hand it to :tits: she knows the :pinshit: that people love. It's clear that we wouldn't have sold this house for what we did if we didn't do all the :pinshit: stuff. :impressive: really.
ChrisoftheNorth

ALTHOUGH :tits: did admit last night (after the new owners left) that open shelving next to the stove was a bad idea.

I went full Image
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:51 pm ALTHOUGH :tits: did admit last night (after the new owners left) that open shelving next to the stove was a bad idea.

I went full Image

Yeah, this posted needed the fullsize gif instead of our emoji.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:51 pm ALTHOUGH :tits: did admit last night (after the new owners left) that open shelving next to the stove was a bad idea.

I went full Image

:wub: :dat: gif.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:36 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:34 am
Things would have to go SERIOUSLY sideways for us to end up homeless at this point. Current owners of new house will be completely out by Friday, so we'll have possession at close.

We have possession of Bag End thru 10/1. The buyers are leaving tomorrow to go on some Asian vacation until 9/30, so they're giving us possession through the end of the month (that was part of the original offer, pretty enticing for us TBH).

:pinshit: says that none of our furniture will work in the new house, and fortunately the new owners have bought a lot of it. We sold a lot of what's left, so we really only have our dining room set, a few chairs, and our king and queen size beds to move. :tits: loves purging and packing for some reason, so we've done many trips to Salvation Army so far, and most of the house is packed in boxes. We really only have our clothes, the kitchen, and the garage to pack. I need to do some serious purging in the garage, that thing is full of crap.
wow, thats almost too perfect a :dill:

good luck mang
:lolgasm:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I went full Image
:haus: :fax: :burnout:
brain go brrrrrr
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:49 pm

Incredibly, the chick told us last night that the kitchen is her favorite part of the house. The orange walls, the open shelving, and when we told her the shelves were 100 year old barn wood, I thought she was going to pass out from excitement.

Gotta hand it to :tits: she knows the :pinshit: that people love. It's clear that we wouldn't have sold this house for what we did if we didn't do all the :pinshit: stuff. :impressive: really.
:mindblown:
:millennial: :pinshit: home run for :tits:
wap

I went full Image
:fuckyeah: :carlton:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:49 pm

:facepalm:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:49 pm Incredibly, the chick told us last night that the kitchen is her favorite part of the house. The orange walls, the open shelving, and when we told her the shelves were 100 year old barn wood, I thought she was going to pass out from excitement.

I think a lot of old stuff is cool as hell, but only when presented either in a more functional or a more ornate/artistic way. A flat board is neither of those.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:12 pm
Desertbreh wrote:

I think a lot of old stuff is cool as hell, but only when presented either in a more functional or a more ornate/artistic way. A flat board is neither of those.

But apparently as shelves they're :mindblown:

I don't get it, but it helped sell our house so whatever.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

You can sell a rat infested burned out shell of a house for 2x what you could back in 2010 pretty much in most areas of the country as of today. It is frankly :disgust:

The average DOM here is 7-12 depending on your hood. 7 fucking days to move a 1-1.5MILLION ASP house usually 5-10% above list too.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:impressive: I view open shelving as a problem I'll need to correct, lol.

It does look nice. I talked GF out of it for her kitchen. A win for everyone involved, really. The amount of dirt that accumulates on windowsills and countertops is :mindblown: not to mention oil and stuff from the stovetop.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:58 pm :impressive: I view open shelving as a problem I'll need to correct, lol.

It does look nice. I talked GF out of it for her kitchen. A win for everyone involved, really. The amount of dirt that accumulates on windowsills and countertops is :mindblown: not to mention oil and stuff from the stovetop.
And the thought of that grime being on my dishes and glassware? :nope:
ChrisoftheNorth

Closing on "new" house Friday at noon. Was going to be today, but the owners wanted a bit more time. Whatevs.

:popcorn:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:55 pm

I went full Image

:impressive: :pinshit: content here :doe:

'grats on selling the house. I'm honored that I got to take a drunken leak there once.