Furnish the Haus of Sawce

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

My couch is made by Gus Modern, for whatever that's worth. Been holding up well to the dog and me sitting in the exact same spot for years. Firm lower cushion and a low back but that's what I wanted (I have restless leg syndrome and firmer cushions seem to work better for me). Kind of wish it had lower armrests that I could just lay on as a pillow.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:30 pm Hmmm.. just found a $3k Crate and Barrel leather couch on CL for $800.. night jump on that. Full aniline leather with kiln-dried hardwood. Already worn in a bit so I wouldn’t mind Ava adding more character to it right off the bat...
Dude, I bought a massive leather Pottery Barn leather couch for roughly the same price at their outlet a few years ago. It's got the "worn leather" look. That thing has been fantastic, especially with the :doge: Highly recommend.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:31 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:30 pm Hmmm.. just found a $3k Crate and Barrel leather couch on CL for $800.. night jump on that. Full aniline leather with kiln-dried hardwood. Already worn in a bit so I wouldn’t mind Ava adding more character to it right off the bat...
Dude, I bought a massive leather Pottery Barn leather couch for roughly the same price at their outlet a few years ago. It's got the "worn leather" look. That thing has been fantastic, especially with the :doge: Highly recommend.
Looking at that and a fabric West Elm couch tonight. Meeting property manager to get into the place at lunch and measure everything. I like the design of the WE couch better, but if I really love the leather on the CB couch, I'll go with that.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:34 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:31 am
Looking at that and a fabric West Elm couch tonight. Meeting property manager to get into the place at lunch and measure everything. I like the design of the WE couch better, but if I really love the leather on the CB couch, I'll go with that.
If the :doge: will be on it, I recommend leather. More durable and easy to clean. I condition it on the regular to keep is soft so it won't tear, and it's been fantastic. Buying a "higher end" i.e. Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, etc couch is a good spend of money. I'd be inclined to go with that CL find, personally.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Got my lease agreement last night. Need to sign that and pay all my move in charges.

$747.5 deposit
$300 pet deposit
$1495 first month's rent
$289.35 prorated rent for the rest of May.
$35 application fee

I already paid $235 for a holding deposit and the application fee, so I need to bring a check for $2631.85. I'll set up a gofundme that you all can donate to. Kthanx.
Last edited by SAWCE on Wed May 23, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

negotiate down some and :doit:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:35 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:34 am

If the :doge: will be on it, I recommend leather. More durable and easy to clean. I condition it on the regular to keep is soft so it won't tear, and it's been fantastic. Buying a "higher end" i.e. Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, etc couch is a good spend of money. I'd be inclined to go with that CL find, personally.
Link to the conditioner you use? I need to grab one anyways for my leather duffle bag..

I'm really hoping to like the look of the leather one. Also hoping dude will come down $100-200, even though $800 for a $3000 couch is already a huge discount.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:41 am
Link to the conditioner you use? I need to grab one anyways for my leather duffle bag..

I'm really hoping to like the look of the leather one. Also hoping dude will come down $100-200, even though $800 for a $3000 couch is already a huge discount.
I actually bought this for the car and liked it so much that I figured leather is leather and tried it on the couch. Works 5/7.

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-Le ... oner&psc=1
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

dude used furniture is like 10% on the dollar usually.... this might be worth more because its real leather and thats it.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:37 am
negotiate down some and :doit:
Yeah, I'm hoping he'll take $600-700 cash if I pick it up. His ad said he could deliver, but my buddy already told me to let him know whenever I need his truck and he'll come help me grab and move anything.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:43 am

I actually bought this for the car and liked it so much that I figured leather is leather and tried it on the couch. Works 5/7.

:notbad: You condition the couch every couple of months, or what?
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:47 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:43 am

Probably only 2x a year. When it starts to get kind of chalky and dry feeling, I know it's time.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:49 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:47 am

Probably only 2x a year. When it starts to get kind of chalky and dry feeling, I know it's time.
RIght on. Thanks man.
SAWCE

Hemnes piece in grey was out of stock at IKEA and they weren’t getting more until 6/26 or something, so I grabbed a Kallax unit to keep things cheap.

I like the grey color with the unfinished sides. Wasn’t expecting those since I didn’t see it before I bought. TV will be mounted above there and then on the other side of the console I’ll either :whocares: about aesthetics and store my vacuum, or I’ll try to make it look nice with a potted plant or something. There aren’t any storage spaces or closets in this place, so vacuum will either need to be there or in a corner of my room.
SAWCE

I like the color of the floor, but hadn’t paid too close attention to it.. turns out it’s just vinyl.. I found out when I was sweeping and found a part that got linked up when they installed the stove. We didn’t do a formal walk through check list, so I need to put one together myself with little things like that and submit it so I don’t get dinged when I move out.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:57 pm I like the color of the floor, but hadn’t paid too close attention to it.. turns out it’s just vinyl.. I found out when I was sweeping and found a part that got linked up when they installed the stove. We didn’t do a formal walk through check list, so I need to put one together myself with little things like that and submit it so I don’t get dinged when I move out.
Honestly vinyl is probably better with the :doge: anyway.

Shelf thing looks good. I'd put a plant next to it to brighten the room a little.
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:24 am
SAWCE wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:57 pm I like the color of the floor, but hadn’t paid too close attention to it.. turns out it’s just vinyl.. I found out when I was sweeping and found a part that got linked up when they installed the stove. We didn’t do a formal walk through check list, so I need to put one together myself with little things like that and submit it so I don’t get dinged when I move out.
Honestly vinyl is probably better with the :doge: anyway.

Shelf thing looks good. I'd put a plant next to it to brighten the room a little.
Thanks man.. That was actually my plan. Get a potted plant that'll fit right there in that nook.

Couch gets here on Saturday. It's a light grey like the console thing is. I wanted something darker, but I'll make it work.
SAWCE

Amazon brand Rivet couch. Seems pretty solid. Hardwood construction, fabric feels nice. Wish they’d had a charcoal grey, but the lot grey goes well in my place. It’s just long enough for me to lay down on. Firm, but not uncomfortable. Got a good nap in on it already. Not a bad buy for $800 + tax.
SAWCE

Kai’s bed, on the left side of the picture, will be gone Monday. I’ll move Ava’s bed to that side by the chaise, and slide the couch closer to that wall with a small end table where her bed is now.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:notbad: :sawce: !
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:52 pm Or if anyone here does wood working and wants to build me their version of that record console, I'd buy that..
Go to Ana white . Com and build it yo self
SAWCE

Place is starting to come together. Still need to grab the coffee table from Michelle, but I might get here and realize it’s too big for my space and give it right back to her. Gonna put some sort of accent table under that canvas on the wall too. Maybe a rug. We’ll see.

SAWCE

I really like the throw I got for the couch too... wool may not have been the smartest choice with :doge: but I’ll vacuum her hair off as needed and figure out a good dry clean schedule for it.

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:50 pm Place is starting to come together. Still need to grab the coffee table from Michelle, but I might get here and realize it’s too big for my space and give it right back to her. Gonna put some sort of accent table under that canvas on the wall too. Maybe a rug. We’ll see.

Need a "magazine" table with a lamp between the couch and outside wall?
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:45 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:50 pm Place is starting to come together. Still need to grab the coffee table from Michelle, but I might get here and realize it’s too big for my space and give it right back to her. Gonna put some sort of accent table under that canvas on the wall too. Maybe a rug. We’ll see.

Need a "magazine" table with a lamp between the couch and outside wall?
Yeah that’s my plan for right there