Fax's haus: Brad Goes Orange, go Vols?

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:59 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:53 pm Fucking sink faucet failed. 400 dollar fixture. Lifetime warranty, but will have to pay a plumber to do it.

And yes, I could do it... but its a 6" deep space under my deep ass sink with disposal under it... :nope:
:impressive:

I hate dealing with kitchen sink faucets because of the placement behind the always deep ass sink.

I'm too cheap to pay someone :doe: I usually just pay myself with copious cursing. Wife usually :lolol: at me.
200 bucks to not have to fuck with it is worth it to me at this point
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:16 pm

I hate dealing with kitchen sink faucets because of the placement behind the always deep ass sink.

I'm too cheap to pay someone :doe: I usually just pay myself with copious cursing. Wife usually :lolol: at me.
Good for you.

That's 30 minutes of cursing followed up with a nice bottle of scotch to me.

I'm also :scrooge: and :baby: less :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:32 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:16 pm

Good for you.

Yea. I have a moto getaway planed this weekend, fuck canceling that it took 4 months to peg on the calendar. Can't leave the house with a busted faucet either.

I'll poke my head under there before i call a plumber but its not looking good is all im saying.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:49 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:32 pm
Good for you.

Yea. I have a moto getaway planed this weekend, fuck canceling that it took 4 months to peg on the calendar. Can't leave the house with a busted faucet either.

I'll poke my head under there before i call a plumber but its not looking good is all im saying.
Kitchen faucets are a bitch to replace due to accessibility with the fucking sink in the way. I've worked on them in every house we've lived in, and it's always a cursefest. Wife finds it humorous. I don't, but I'm cheap.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:53 pm Fucking sink faucet failed. 400 dollar fixture. Lifetime warranty, but will have to pay a plumber to do it.

And yes, I could do it... but its a 6" deep space under my deep ass sink with disposal under it... :nope:

This is the kind of thing where I just send everybody away......kid, wife, dogs.....EVERYBODY. Another one of those would be jacking with ceiling fans. There's certain times when it's going to be you or the inanimate object that emerges victorious, and it's not going to be the inanimate object. Tolkienesque struggle, good vs. evil, victor or vanquished. COME AT ME, fucking faucet.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:53 pm

This is the kind of thing where I just send everybody away......kid, wife, dogs.....EVERYBODY. Another one of those would be jacking with ceiling fans. There's certain times when it's going to be you or the inanimate object that emerges victorious, and it's not going to be the inanimate object. Tolkienesque struggle, good vs. evil, victor or vanquished. COME AT ME, fucking faucet.
:dat: :amazing:

We had A/C installed in the house and as such took every ceiling fan out and to the curb. There was one in each room on the 2nd floor...we sent 5 fans packing. Was brutal, but I emerged victorious.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Luckily for me, I'd just remove the sink and do the work, and then put it back and reseal the outside edge. Less headaches.
I think I installed our sink faucet with the sink already in. Wasn't too bad. But it's probably just an easier layout to work with.
A couple of Benjis sounds like it's worth it to not have to deal with the headache.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 pm

As someone who just replaced said kitchen faucet... I remarked several times that a plumber would be a poor vocation for me.

Long arms make contorting oneself under a sink very difficult.
:dat: :dat: :dat:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:59 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:53 pm

We had A/C installed in the house and as such took every ceiling fan out and to the curb. There was one in each room on the 2nd floor...we sent 5 fans packing. Was brutal, but I emerged victorious.
My ceiling fan's hot and ground wire are on different circuits. Flip the breaker and it all powers off. Go to disconnect it and you get zapped. lol.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:46 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:59 pm

My ceiling fan's hot and ground wire are on different circuits. Flip the breaker and it all powers off. Go to disconnect it and you get zapped. lol.
:wat: :lolol:

Old house shit...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Getting replaced under warranty :fuckyeah:

getting next day air shipping :fuckyeah:

not in stock wont ship until thursday :rage:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:41 am Getting replaced under warranty :fuckyeah:

At least it'll be in before the weekend? :iono:

What brand BTW? Sounds like :notbad: customer service.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:55 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:41 am Getting replaced under warranty :fuckyeah:

elkay. Im leaving thursday :doe:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:57 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:55 am

elkay. Im leaving thursday :doe:
:rage: of course
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

So, unless I missed an update, how did the board meeting on the 5th go?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Devilchrono wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:26 pm So, unless I missed an update, how did the board meeting on the 5th go?
not stellar and i cant devote anymore mental energy to it, for now atleast. maybe in a few weeks after im less :triggered:
brain go brrrrrr
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:28 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:26 pm So, unless I missed an update, how did the board meeting on the 5th go?
not stellar and i cant devote anymore mental energy to it, for now atleast. maybe in a few weeks after im less :triggered:
:excited: :popcorn: :triggered: :dafuq:

Damn, that's not good. Hopefully you can recap then once you've had time to decompress some.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Plumber is 135 for first hour and 90 for second, its 95% likely to be a one hour job for a pro, fuckin sold.
brain go brrrrrr
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I need to do faucet work too...kind a difficult with 6 inch incision across my neck doe.....hoping we can scrape by for a few weeks until I can do it myself.....I HATE paying plumbers for basic shite.....

We have on of those touch faucets which seemed like a novelty at the time but I have really grown to love it.....it ruins you for all pleb faucets ever after :doe: I always laugh at my self when I go tapping people's faucets expecting them to turn on or off.....
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:36 am I need to do faucet work too...kind a difficult with 6 inch incision across my neck doe.....hoping we can scrape by for a few weeks until I can do it myself.....I HATE paying plumbers for basic shite.....

We have on of those touch faucets which seemed like a novelty at the time but I have really grown to love it.....it ruins you for all pleb faucets ever after :doe: I always laugh at my self when I go tapping people's faucets expecting them to turn on or off.....
Um...now might be the one acceptable time to call someone dude. Take a load off and let someone else do the work for a change.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:47 am Plumber is 135 for first hour and 90 for second, its 95% likely to be a one hour job for a pro, fuckin sold.
Absolutely
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:12 pm
Irish wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:36 am I need to do faucet work too...kind a difficult with 6 inch incision across my neck doe.....hoping we can scrape by for a few weeks until I can do it myself.....I HATE paying plumbers for basic shite.....

Um...now might be the one acceptable time to call someone dude. Take a load off and let someone else do the work for a change.
:dat:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:12 pm

:dat:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

:scrooge: won this fight. I did the daym faucet myself. It wasn't awful.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:33 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:34 pm :scrooge: won this fight. I did the daym faucet myself. It wasn't awful.
Rewarding now that you can have a beer and wash the pots you've filled. :hue:
:notwrong:

Also another bonus : doing the install myself i can remove / did remove the Obama flow restrictior. :jizz:

The sprayer works WAY better now
brain go brrrrrr