Fax's haus: Brad Goes Orange, go Vols?

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:52 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:39 am

I think I missed something.. did you buy two bars? You're not gonna resell your olympic bar that you bought from Rouge are you?
I didn't go into great detail here, but what had happened...

I bought the CAP set from academy, 265ib of cast iron BNIB got 200 bucks, with tax. That's good :dill: for plates. But it came with a cheap ass CAP Oly bar as well. So I'm just going to sell it. So yes, 2 bars were purchased.
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/cap-ba ... id=3295065

I bought my 10 & 15 lb bumper plates from Titan today as well, used dem points I earned buying the other stuff so got a pretty good discount.
Gotcha. I remember you mentioning the CAP set, but I forgot it came with a bar. The other bar you bought is the nice Rouge one, yes?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 12:07 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:52 am

I didn't go into great detail here, but what had happened...

I bought the CAP set from academy, 265ib of cast iron BNIB got 200 bucks, with tax. That's good :dill: for plates. But it came with a cheap ass CAP Oly bar as well. So I'm just going to sell it. So yes, 2 bars were purchased.
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/cap-ba ... id=3295065

I bought my 10 & 15 lb bumper plates from Titan today as well, used dem points I earned buying the other stuff so got a pretty good discount.
Gotcha. I remember you mentioning the CAP set, but I forgot it came with a bar. The other bar you bought is the nice Rouge one, yes?
Yessir, a boneyard Ohio bar. 220 shipped, ~30% off regular.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 12:11 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Yessir, a boneyard Ohio bar. 220 shipped, ~30% off regular.
Nice. Can't wait to own a home again and build out a gym.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Nearly there

Folded

Need to figure out what to do with this thing, kinda forgot about the bench floor space

The folding power rack is done, fully mounted and i caught an additional stud on the wall for 5 total.

Hardware woes.... I bought wrong shit....as i assembled bench found more missing hardware.

The discount CAP barbell stand came with ZERO hardware. Trip to hardware store is again in my future.

Probably 80% done though :notbad:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:fuckyeah:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:05 am Did lots of work this weekend, although it sure does not look like it.

crappy pano shot of the room "before" but i had sold some tvs and already moved a few things.

Went and bought the stuff to build out the stringers. I had to move the bottom one higher by 2 inches (one hole) because of my trim. I don't think this will impact the function or strength of the rack.

USPS delivered my tv mount sunday as promised. Pretty impressive: ordered pretty late friday night in my hands SUNDAY early afternoon. This is the new racecar bro rig

Drivers view. You can see in this pic why I needed a smaller tv to pull off this trick.

Stringers mounted and painted. also pictured is partially assembled rack.

I also started assembling the bench last night. Not bad for 150 bucks. Things is heavy d00ty. But its missing some hardware, ( :disappoint: ) and i was exhausted so that was a good stopping point.
You guys have a nanny or something? I feel like I'm always chasing a kid around
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 10:47 am

You guys have a nanny or something? I feel like I'm always chasing a kid around
no. he' 11 weeks. Eat, sleep, poop, repeat.
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Getting all the things done before he's mobile and bringing the chaos.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Finished bolting somethings together and its mostly done.

Also, yesterday I learned that 3/8-16 and M10x1.5 threads are "close enough" to work together. This was useful because fucking lowes didn't have m10x1.5 in the length i needed, and also 3/8 is way cheaper.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Holy shit just unboxed my Rogue bar and this thing oozes quality.

All set up to work out tomorrow morning.

:megusta:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Home gym is virtually done. First workout in. I did about an hour. Since i Slacked this week (due to building the fucking thing) I did squats & bench and a well rounded complex routine, complex b. One hour, about 800 calories.

Its most excellit in function. works well. Bench is comfortable.

The Rogue bar is amaze balls. I can't discern any defects that would have put in in the boneyard (maybe its double knurled? but its consistent and nice so whatever). Totally worth the money bros.

It felt really good to put in some work. I will probably extend the financial pain of this and just go buy 2 more matching 45lb plates since lading up ~260 pounds of plates is a PITA, but i'm glad i have a set because its versatile.

Fax's :haus: of gainz (& losses) is open for biznuizz
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

The Damage:

In for 1340 on the actual gym equipment, 1515 for all the necessary mods to the room. Might get that to go down a bit if we sell the old TV stand. Made the painful savings transfer today to clicky the magic payoff button on the CC.

But when i do I'll likely pick up a couple more plates and maybe a bar for the wife soo.... a wash? :iono:
brain go brrrrrr
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

Looks awesome! Glad to hear that the sheet I shared helped a bit with finding the right equipment.

FWIW, your caloric estimate for an hour of lifting weights seems very high. I usually estimate about 350 for my 1.5 hr workouts. Where is the 800 coming from? Since I know you're trying to lose weight, I didn't want you to overeat on the assumption that you're burning that much.
The panda hath arrived.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Jaxper wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:49 pm Looks awesome! Glad to hear that the sheet I shared helped a bit with finding the right equipment.

FWIW, your caloric estimate for an hour of lifting weights seems very high. I usually estimate about 350 for my 1.5 hr workouts. Where is the 800 coming from? Since I know you're trying to lose weight, I didn't want you to overeat on the assumption that you're burning that much.
Polar H7 Heart rate strap. Also not doing pure lifting in that time, some HIIT style barbell complexes are in that figure.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:12 pm
Jaxper wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:49 pm Looks awesome! Glad to hear that the sheet I shared helped a bit with finding the right equipment.

Polar H7 Heart rate strap. Also not doing pure lifting in that time, some HIIT style barbell complexes are in that figure.
I've always thought it seems high too. The heart rate strap is nice for knowing your actual heart rate, but there is no way of knowing exactly how many calories you're burning.

If you ever platuea on your weight loss, the first thing I'd do is half the number of calories that the strap says you burned and reduce your intake by that much.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:41 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:12 pm

I've always thought it seems high too. The heart rate strap is nice for knowing your actual heart rate, but there is no way of knowing exactly how many calories you're burning.

If you ever platuea on your weight loss, the first thing I'd do is half the number of calories that the strap says you burned and reduce your intake by that much.
Fair point fellas, but I'm not eating those extra calories. I have my MFP set to 2300 a day, and most days I don't even hit that.

Yesterday it told me I didn't eat enough and that i was being unhealthy....but i think it's macros for deer roast are low. And i didnt weight he meat on my taco salad and just copied a past meal...but still even doubling those two meals from 400 cal each to 800 I'd have been under goal.

So yea...weight loss. its easy just eat less :yeahok:

link to diary:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Big Brain Bradley
brain go brrrrrr
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Fair point fellas, but I'm not eating those extra calories. I have my MFP set to 2300 a day, and most days I don't even hit that.

Yesterday it told me I didn't eat enough and that i was being unhealthy....but i think it's macros for deer roast are low. And i didnt weight he meat on my taco salad and just copied a past meal...but still even doubling those two meals from 400 cal each to 800 I'd have been under goal.

link to diary:
Coolbeans. Just wanted to make sure you were accounting for it is all! Though, it sounds like you've got it in check.
The panda hath arrived.
SAWCE

link to diary:
159g of fat every day for your goal is a lot. I know you like keto, but with 60g of carbs and 165g protein as part of your goal too, you're definitely not gonna be in ketosis.

Eyeballing your food is okay, but even after weighing my food for 10 years now, I'm amazed at how off I can be when I do weigh something out after I've eyeballed it to be what I think it should.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:30 pm

link to diary:
159g of fat every day for your goal is a lot. I know you like keto, but with 60g of carbs and 165g protein as part of your goal too, you're definitely not gonna be in ketosis.

Eyeballing your food is okay, but even after weighing my food for 10 years now, I'm amazed at how off I can be when I do weigh something out after I've eyeballed it to be what I think it should.
word. couple things:

I have been weighing food most days recently. I even have a food scale at work for this.

The 60g of carbs is total carbs not net carbs like for keto.... for keto you need net carbs, so total carbs minus fiber. MFP does not allow this level of detail in the free version so I'm using an approximate ratio of carbs to fiber in the green veggie and nuts I eat. My fiber goal is 40g so 60-40 is 20g which is more like my real goal to stay under. No processed carbs and no starchy root veg for this d00d.

In the app you can look at the ratios to get a better idea. I'm not necessarily going for full blown keto, but just to stay ultra low carb. IE i want to be ~60% fat, 30% brotien, ~10% carb. Pee strips confirm that I'm in mild to moderate ketosis after a few days of this.

I did loose ~15 lb in two weeks, but ~8 came back after this weekend :( Son's baptism & cinco de mayo party .... i was not a good boy Saturday. Hopefully most of its water and after a few days 'back on' i didnt REALLY gain 8 lbs in 2 days.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:43 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:30 pm

word. couple things:

I have been weighing food most days recently. I even have a food scale at work for this.

The 60g of carbs is total carbs not net carbs like for keto.... for keto you need net carbs, so total carbs minus fiber. MFP does not allow this level of detail in the free version so I'm using an approximate ratio of carbs to fiber in the green veggie and nuts I eat. My fiber goal is 40g so 60-40 is 20g which is more like my real goal to stay under. No processed carbs and no starchy root veg for this d00d.

In the app you can look at the ratios to get a better idea. I'm not necessarily going for full blown keto, but just to stay ultra low carb. IE i want to be ~60% fat, 30% brotien, ~10% carb. Pee strips confirm that I'm in mild to moderate ketosis after a few days of this.

I did loose ~15 lb in two weeks, but ~8 came back after this weekend :( Son's baptism & cinco de mayo party .... i was not a good boy Saturday. Hopefully most of its water and after a few days 'back on' i didnt REALLY gain 8 lbs in 2 days.
:word: yeah, most of that should be water weight that you gained back.

I'd still like to see your fats come down and your protein go up a bit. If you did a gram for gram swap, you'd lose some calories and still be getting in a good amount of food. Right off the bat my suggestion would be to bump that protein to 185g/day and drop the fat by those 20g.. that'll net you an extra 100 calorie deficit.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:41 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:43 pm

word. couple things:

:word: yeah, most of that should be water weight that you gained back.

I'd still like to see your fats come down and your protein go up a bit. If you did a gram for gram swap, you'd lose some calories and still be getting in a good amount of food. Right off the bat my suggestion would be to bump that protein to 185g/day and drop the fat by those 20g.. that'll net you an extra 100 calorie deficit.
I hear ya. FWIW, i dont usually hit those fat goals and end up at more like ~60% fat ~30+% brotien. I am also usually under calories without counting working out.

this week is turning into an off week though, not being super strict, but also not going super crazy.

moving discussion to gymbro thread
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

This home gym thing was a good move. Yesterday I'd have never made it to the YMCA due to mom's day & feeling of general shit from overindulgence saturday. But i got in a workout and it was good.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Earlier discussion for the record:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39&p=302018#p302018
viewtopic.php?p=301878#p301878
viewtopic.php?p=301992#p301992
Residents of Cross Gates,
This memo is to serve as an update to the current state of affairs concerning the
proposed HOA Dues increase last week taken up during our General HOA meeting
on August 21, 2018. With further legal counsel and lengthy conversations
amongst the Board members, the decision has been made to forgo the vote for a
dues’ increase this year. There is an urgent need to refine the Cross Gates
Covenants in many areas to create more transparency and detail. This project will
be at the top of the immediate agenda. With the cooperation of the Board
members, nearby community leaders, and legal counsel; there will be many areas
of the Covenants dissected on multiple levels. Clarity will be given to some
existing articles and additions will be made to others. This is a critical step for our
community to clean up our current bylaws and make great improvements to
them moving forward.

x
President/Cross Gates HOA
:fuckyeah:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apparently I caused quite a stir, the President and VP are not running for re-election. Write in ballot.

does :fax: run and get in? I'm in talks with some like minded peeps via email.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:14 am Apparently I caused quite a stir, the President and VP are not running for re-election. Write in ballot.

does :fax: run and get in? I'm in talks with some like minded peeps via email.
:fuckyeah: :doit:

A bike for every driveway, a color for every door!
:fax: 2019!