Jefé's rental bachelor pad

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

4zilch wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:51 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:19 am

None. Just remove it until you find one you like.

:trollface:
:dat:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:30 pm
stripethree wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:16 pm Documenting for potential future drama.

Basically, my takeaways from this are:
- Sarah seems like a potentially untrustworthy "I'm hot so I do what I want" type
- Landlord seems to be more spacey than I thought, and perhaps listens too much to the pretty young blonde
- I should deal with Michele, who seems to be more of a straight shooter with less give a fuck for drama

To be continued.
Does it even need to be said?

Pics of "too hot" to adult the fuck up. :ban:
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:52 pm We need pics of Sarah... for :science: ... so we can vote on how bitchy she's allowed to be.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :dubshow: :rolleyes:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:56 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:52 pm We need pics of Sarah... for :science: ... so we can vote on how bitchy she's allowed to be.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:17 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:56 pm

:triggered:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:02 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:59 pm

:rolleyes: :dubshow: :rolleyes:
ITT :dubshow: is :gay:

I dunno about the whole water bill situation. What does it say on the lease? Honestly if there aren't separate meters for the apartments, the landlord should be paying water and basing rent with this in mind.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:25 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:23 pm

I dunno about the whole water bill situation. What does it say on the lease? Honestly if there aren't separate meters for the apartments, the landlord should be paying water and basing rent with this in mind.

Should be percentaged out based on # of occupants on the lease.
:iono: everywhere I've lived that didn't have a separate meter or billing arrangement for the apartments didn't charge us for that bill.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:23 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:02 pm

ITT :dubshow: is :gay:

Based on what Jefe has said, I'm imaging the lease says that the water bill is split 65%/35% front unit/back unit based on meter readings. Front unit gets the bill since that's the main "address" and then they're just supposed to provide Jefe with a copy so he can pay his 35% or whatever it's supposed to be.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:32 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:25 pm

Should be percentaged out based on # of occupants on the lease.
:iono: everywhere I've lived that didn't have a separate meter or billing arrangement for the apartments didn't charge us for that bill.
Correct. It's baked into the rent. In fact, it's illegal to make room mates separate bills like that in many states/cities.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:36 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:32 pm
Correct. It's baked into the rent. In fact, it's illegal to make room mates separate bills like that in many states/cities.
Right because there's no way AT ALL to prove which apartment is responsible for the usage.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Lease says nothing about a specific split percentage since the number of roommates can vary. For example, there were 3 in the front house, the dude moved out so now just 2.

There was verbal agreement that it would be split appropriately, which, yeah, I know, verbal means shit. :aintcare: It is also not rolled into the rent, that was clear also.

He did send the lawn people by today, I got all them Nest alerts.

I have no idea about the legality of this in Texas, and unless shit really hits the fan, I don't really care.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Re: lease I have no idea what the situation is in the front house, but I am not on the same lease as they are, it's treated entirely separate since we're talking houses that are detached, here. I would have declined if that were a requirement.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sno wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:12 pm Sarah sounds like a real coont.
POTD
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

stripethree wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:27 pm Lease says nothing about a specific split percentage since the number of roommates can vary. For example, there were 3 in the front house, the dude moved out so now just 2.

There was verbal agreement that it would be split appropriately, which, yeah, I know, verbal means shit. :aintcare: It is also not rolled into the rent, that was clear also.

He did send the lawn people by today, I got all them Nest alerts.

I have no idea about the legality of this in Texas, and unless shit really hits the fan, I don't really care.
If it's not in the lease, you could just :aintcare: and not pay anything.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Water bill has been resolved, and I'm caught up. Sarah was trying to charge me half, but that's not happening. I threw in a little extra to help defray the last two months that has been super high and Michele thinks they found the problem and fixed it. When I agreed to an amount to catch up I told them both there are two conditions: I paying 1/3 going forward because I have no roommates and they get someone out to fix any remaining issues ASAP to avoid more $300 bills. Texted the landlord screen grabs of Venmo payment to catch up and my text exchange with Sarah to text me when bills come so I can pay my 1/3 share. He apologized. Sarah's not all that good at the communication thing.

Today I am pissed for a different reason. The house next door had a party that went until past 5 am. Enough that I called 311 and filed a complaint. Cops come sometime within 6 hours, so I don't know much it does, but when I see the one guy I Know lives there I will chat with him. I get that it is the east side, it's supposed to be more chill, more party friendly, but when some bitch is beating a drum on your patio at 4 am and singing at full volume? Fuck you. Fuck. You. They were drunk, I could not pick out or hear the dude that lives there, so I was not interested in talking to them at that point. Managed to get back to sleep with earplugs. Now off to breakfast with my parents, who are still here because their flight back to Baltimore yesterday was canceled because of weather. My last weekend in Austin for a month and change is going swimmingly.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

stripethree wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:16 am Water bill has been resolved, and I'm caught up. Sarah was trying to charge me half, but that's not happening. I threw in a little extra to help defray the last two months that has been super high and Michele thinks they found the problem and fixed it. When I agreed to an amount to catch up I told them both there are two conditions: I paying 1/3 going forward because I have no roommates and they get someone out to fix any remaining issues ASAP to avoid more $300 bills. Texted the landlord screen grabs of Venmo payment to catch up and my text exchange with Sarah to text me when bills come so I can pay my 1/3 share. He apologized. Sarah's not all that good at the communication thing.

Today I am pissed for a different reason. The house next door had a party that went until past 5 am. Enough that I called 311 and filed a complaint. Cops come sometime within 6 hours, so I don't know much it does, but when I see the one guy I Know lives there I will chat with him. I get that it is the east side, it's supposed to be more chill, more party friendly, but when some bitch is beating a drum on your patio at 4 am and singing at full volume? Fuck you. Fuck. You. They were drunk, I could not pick out or hear the dude that lives there, so I was not interested in talking to them at that point. Managed to get back to sleep with earplugs. Now off to breakfast with my parents, who are still here because their flight back to Baltimore yesterday was canceled because of weather. My last weekend in Austin for a month and change is going swimmingly.
Egg the patio. No other options.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Bullshit like this is why we upped our timeline to get out of our first house.

It just ain’t no fun sharing walls/property with other people.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

My brother was downstairs, says he is also a light-ish sleeper, and didn't hear any of it or get woken up. Since that room also stays cooler, I will probably move my bed downstairs and see how that goes. It'll essentially eliminate having a place for guests, but, so be it.

That think that makes me go :wtf: is that the dude that lives there is my age or even older and seems like he has his shit together. Perhaps I am expecting too much of someone of that age and ilk to have gained an understanding of what common fucking courtesy in a residential area looks and sounds like.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

stripethree wrote:My brother was downstairs, says he is also a light-ish sleeper, and didn't hear any of it or get woken up. Since that room also stays cooler, I will probably move my bed downstairs and see how that goes. It'll essentially eliminate having a place for guests, but, so be it.

That think that makes me go :wtf: is that the dude that lives there is my age or even older and seems like he has his shit together. Perhaps I am expecting too much of someone of that age and ilk to have gained an understanding of what common fucking courtesy in a residential area looks and sounds like.
Yes, you are expecting too much.

The neighbors in our twin were not much younger and with three little kids, and we still dealt with nonsense like that.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Calvinball wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:51 pm Yes, you are expecting too much.
Ugh, real talk is real. You right though.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:21 am
Calvinball wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:51 pm Yes, you are expecting too much.
The ups and downs of Hipster mecca ground zero.

This thread helps keep some envy at bay.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:37 pm
stripethree wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:21 am

Bullseye. Come on man. You are crotchfruit free and single. We don't want to hear noise complaints, we want to hear about you turning lemons into lemonade. Turn Sarah is a drunk ass b!%$ch into, "then I banged her doggy style while she had a lampshade on."
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:30 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:37 pm

then I banged her doggy style while she had a lampshade on."
:lolol:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:30 pm Bullseye. Come on man. You are crotchfruit free and single.
:wrong:
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:30 pm Turn Sarah is a drunk ass b!%$ch into, "then I banged her doggy style while she had a lampshade on."
:nope:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

dubshow wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:37 pm This thread helps keep some envy at bay.
Envy of what? Judging by the volume of R pics, you seem to be doing just fine mah friend. ;) Envy ain't worth the time, trust me.
ChrisoftheNorth

When booze starts flowing, common courtesy flies out the window. I've had to piss off my friends and :tits: numerous times by forcing them inside after midnight so as not to piss of the neighbors. They always call me a "party pooper" or whatever BS, but the next day I remind them that I don't want to be "those people". Respect of your neighbors is important and I like to lead by example.

That said, I can totally see how it can happen.