Dat bathrooom renovation thread, doe

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

wap wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:18 pm :doomed:
:thisisfine:

Congrats, :doe: !
Ha thanks!

I put together a quick budget of what our monthlies will look like with $3k/mo in daycare expenses. :thisisfine:

We're going to be on a treadmill for a few years, it would appear. No new :haus: for us!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

coogles wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:36 pm

Ha thanks!

I put together a quick budget of what our monthlies will look like with $3k/mo in daycare expenses. :thisisfine:

We're going to be on a treadmill for a few years, it would appear. No new :haus: for us!
Dat multi-crotchfruit effect.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

coogles wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:36 pm

Ha thanks!

Congrats.

Don't forget the medical bills....they will almost certainly be premature and the NICU is expensive af.

3k a month in daycare holy shit. Is your wife staying at home for a beat and option? I mean unless she has a high paying job, her effective pay rate might not even be minium wage...
brain go brrrrrr
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:40 am Congrats.

Don't forget the medical bills....they will almost certainly be premature and the NICU is expensive af.

3k a month in daycare holy shit. Is your wife staying at home for a beat and option? I mean unless she has a high paying job, her effective pay rate might not even be minium wage...
Holy shit indeed. My wife and I split the income pie basically 50/50, and we each make enough that it would be more painful than beneficial for one of us to stay home. More importantly, though, neither one of us is mentally equipped to take care of 3 children full time without going batshit. Each of us stayed home with our son for 3 months and we were both looking forward to going back to work by the end of that time. That maybe sounds bad, but we're both more engaged and attentive during the evening and on weekends when we have a break from the little dude during the day. He gets more professional attention and socialization with other kids during the day, and more quality time with us when we're with him.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

coogles wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:22 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:40 am Congrats.

Holy shit indeed. My wife and I split the income pie basically 50/50, and we each make enough that it would be more painful than beneficial for one of us to stay home. More importantly, though, neither one of us is mentally equipped to take care of 3 children full time without going batshit. Each of us stayed home with our son for 3 months and we were both looking forward to going back to work by the end of that time. That maybe sounds bad, but we're both more engaged and attentive during the evening and on weekends when we have a break from the little dude during the day. He gets more professional attention and socialization with other kids during the day, and more quality time with us when we're with him.
Heard that. Sometimes after a full day with the little dude I literally can't even
brain go brrrrrr