Lawn and Landscaping

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

But if this EGO stuff works well, I may even try to sell my blower so I can get rid of gas altogether and go full electric.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:09 am
wap wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:03 am

:notbad:

When they get up to a true hour then they'd work for me. I can sometimes do it quicker, but I'd like the full hour just in case. But I'm not making a change while my old gas Craftsman still runs perfectly.
The bigger battery would likely last an hour, but I wouldn't make the change either in your situation. In my, I have a manual mower that only works decently, and a bunch of other garbage that barely works that was "free" outside of all my time wasted. I'm pretty much at ground zero and it's the perfect time to invest in a new system.

The only gas powered thing I have that's decent is my blower that I bought new 5 years ago that's been 5/7 once I discovered pure gas.
Completely agree. It makes total sense for you.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:10 am But if this EGO stuff works well, I may even try to sell my blower so I can get rid of gas altogether and go full electric.
May not be a bad move.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:40 am
dubshow wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:35 am

$600 mower? ehh.. have fun with that.

Im rocking a 20yo and me down riding mower.
$400 including the $120 battery, but good for you.
His real problem is no ability to bore it out, put on a bigger carb, remove the muffler, and paint flames on it.
Do you even Airboat?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:10 am But if this EGO stuff works well, I may even try to sell my blower so I can get rid of gas altogether and go full electric.
Totally makes sense for your Hobbiton mini lawn setup.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:10 pm
Totally makes sense for your Hobbiton mini lawn setup.
I'm thinking so. Though, I do like my blower in that it can be converted to a shred/vac for sucking up leaves in my waste of money worthless landscaping. It's also the yard tool that probably needs to last the longest and gets used constantly, so that one might be the last hold out.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:35 am Spent yesterday weeding my flower beds, yuggeee difference even without new mulch yet.
I need to do this. Im just hesitant on mulching. Ive never done it at my house. Did you put down cloth? My concern is my front bed of bushes is right inside the drip edge of my roof. I think optimal placement would be just outside the edge, then a rock trench for the roof runoff to go in.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:16 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:19 pm

Once it's down, you'll still get some push through, but if you stay on top of the poison (vinegar and dawn is just as good as the nasty stuff) you'll be set forever.
I need a good way to eliminate vast amounts of poison ivy without fire. :|
I assume your disappointment stems from your inability to use fire.
wap

Spent several :wasteful: hours this weekend putting down mulch, transplanting some hostas, and putting down grass seed to fill in a bunch of bare spots in a shady area under a large maple.

Such a :disgust: waste of time and money. $10 in top soil, about $7 in mulch, and about $12 in grass seed. Such :troywax: So stupid.

:derp:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:40 pm Spent several :wasteful: hours this weekend putting down mulch, transplanting some hostas, and putting down grass seed to fill in a bunch of bare spots in a shady area under a large maple.

Such a :disgust: waste of time and money. $10 in top soil, about $7 in mulch, and about $12 in grass seed. Such :troywax: So stupid.

:disgust: What a moran.

I'm just as stupid, :doe: Lots of yardwork this weekend despite being hot as :balls:

Also, the EGO trimmer and mower are :mindblown: fantastic. They both work just as strong as gas powered version, but they're silent with incredible battery life. I was also able to hang the mower on my yard tools tracks, so it's almost entirely out of the way. I could never do that with a gas mower.

Talk about :troywax: :doe:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I think an electric weedeater is in my future. Mine is a 4 stroke and I put a 3 blade head thing on it and it just doesn't have to torque to spin it like it's supposed to. Ends up vibrating the whole shaft and I have to wear gloves to not feel like I'm running a jackhammer.
The Husqvarna riding mower I got is fucking KILLLLLLLER. Makes cutting the yard not take 2+ hours and looks clean.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:51 am I think an electric weedeater is in my future. Mine is a 4 stroke and I put a 3 blade head thing on it and it just doesn't have to torque to spin it like it's supposed to. Ends up vibrating the whole shaft and I have to wear gloves to not feel like I'm running a jackhammer.
The Husqvarna riding mower I got is fucking KILLLLLLLER. Makes cutting the yard not take 2+ hours and looks clean.
What's amazing about the trimmer is that it's just a cord that runs through the pole, and the motor is direct drive at the bottom. It's crazy smooth compared to a gas powered tool.

For a big lawn, a riding mower is the way to go I'm sure. My lawn is a postage stamp by comparison.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-15-in-5 ... /300638783
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Detroit wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:09 am
Acid666 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:51 am I think an electric weedeater is in my future. Mine is a 4 stroke and I put a 3 blade head thing on it and it just doesn't have to torque to spin it like it's supposed to. Ends up vibrating the whole shaft and I have to wear gloves to not feel like I'm running a jackhammer.
What's amazing about the trimmer is that it's just a cord that runs through the pole, and the motor is direct drive at the bottom. It's crazy smooth compared to a gas powered tool.

For a big lawn, a riding mower is the way to go I'm sure. My lawn is a postage stamp by comparison.

I looked into a few of these at Lowe's a while back. A friend of mine is huge on the new electric lawn equipment (but ironically HATES Tesla, LULZ).
I kill the edges of my shit with Roundup so that it just turns where I would normally edge and it just turns it into dirt. Don't have to make any more passes with a trimmer to get stuff close to the house and corners after cutting with the riding mower.
I wanted an electric weedeater since my trimming passes are fast and small.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:16 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:09 am

I looked into a few of these at Lowe's a while back. A friend of mine is huge on the new electric lawn equipment (but ironically HATES Tesla, LULZ).
I kill the edges of my shit with Roundup so that it just turns where I would normally edge and it just turns it into dirt. Don't have to make any more passes with a trimmer to get stuff close to the house and corners after cutting with the riding mower.
I wanted an electric weedeater since my trimming passes are fast and small.
:notbad:

Honestly, I used the trimmer a lot this weekend. We had to clear the back part of our yard because we're having a fence put up. I had to cut down some tall lilly of the valley, ground cover, and grass/weeds. I used that thing for a solid 45 minutes straight and it did everything a gas trimmer would have done, ZFG. I'm quite impressed with it for both small and large(ish) jobs.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:46 am
wap wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:40 pm Spent several :wasteful: hours this weekend putting down mulch, transplanting some hostas, and putting down grass seed to fill in a bunch of bare spots in a shady area under a large maple.

I'm just as stupid, :doe: Lots of yardwork this weekend despite being hot as :balls:

Also, the EGO trimmer and mower are :mindblown: fantastic. They both work just as strong as gas powered version, but they're silent with incredible battery life. I was also able to hang the mower on my yard tools tracks, so it's almost entirely out of the way. I could never do that with a gas mower.

We suck. We're so stupid.

I was wondering about your EGO experience. Good to hear it was :fuckyeah: !
wap

Here are some pics of the area's I seeded. I'll update in a month or so to hopefully show some growth.ImageImage

Sent from my toaster using Crapatalk

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

How big is your lot?
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:41 pm

How big is your lot?
:iono:

Quite small. I wanted a small yard that's easy to handle.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:45 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:41 pm

How big is your lot?
:iono:

Quite small. I wanted a small yard that's easy to handle.

Absolutely

I'd like to have a battery powered trimmer.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Hmmm. Currently have a corded weed eater and hedge trimmer. This looks nice

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M ... 547330-_-N
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:54 pm Hmmm. Currently have a corded weed eater and hedge trimmer. This looks nice

If you already have a bunch of cordless Milwaukee stuff and the batteries are the same, this isn't a bad buy. 9AH battery should last a long time, but 18v is somewhat weak. My EGO stuff is 56 volts, and the power in the trimmer is :impressive: It's equally as powerful as a gas variant.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:13 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:54 pm Hmmm. Currently have a corded weed eater and hedge trimmer. This looks nice

If you already have a bunch of cordless Milwaukee stuff and the batteries are the same, this isn't a bad buy. 9AH battery should last a long time, but 18v is somewhat weak. My EGO stuff is 56 volts, and the power in the trimmer is :impressive: It's equally as powerful as a gas variant.
Yeah, I do have a bunch of Milwaukee stuff.

And I agree, little concerned about 18v but reviews look decent.

Not sure I can justify this since I already have a working trimmer and weed eater but battery powered looks like the way to go when the time comes.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

I asked for a battery powered trimmer for Father’s Day. Ain’t no way i’m gonna drag my corded one all over this property.
:therapist:
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:13 pm
Yeah, I do have a bunch of Milwaukee stuff.

And I agree, little concerned about 18v but reviews look decent.

Not sure I can justify this since I already have a working trimmer and weed eater but battery powered looks like the way to go when the time comes.
I think battery tech is finally reaching the point where it makes sense. And I LOVE gas powered things, but these battery powered tools are outstanding.
ChrisoftheNorth

Calvinball wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:31 pm I asked for a battery powered trimmer for Father’s Day. Ain’t no way i’m gonna drag my corded one all over this property.
Corded... :nope: