Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

showing number 3 in 5 days of being on market. First showing gave me a 4/5 on house, said "somewhat" interesting, the price is too high. They liked updates but said the neighbors have too much junk in yard and that was concerning. meh.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/6 ... iew=public
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:52 am
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:35 am

No. The money move is all of you morons realizing that since you can reject crotchfruit so easily, it is but a small step to also reject fucking dogs and cats, but it seems like none of you motherfuckers can connect A to B. No need for a "petsitter" and you have to clean 1/4 as much, unless you are a complete pig.

So we cast aside the black irons of crotchfruit, but instead of spending a week gambling in Monte Carlo like James Bond, you supposedly "free" people are spending thousands on vet bills, dog food, cat food, pet trinkets, and all of that shit like a Petco groupie. You have freedom beckoning to you like the Lorelei, but you reject her utterly. Idiots.
Ohhhhh we've connected A to B. While we love our dog, we're sick of how much she ties us down. We eschewed crotchfruit for freedom, and the dog is the last thing tying us down. When she passes, that's it for us. Our cat is clean AF, but when she's gone, that's done too. Zero living things depending on us is the end goal.
You're ringing the liberty bell.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

No. The money move is all of you morons realizing that since you can reject crotchfruit so easily, it is but a small step to also reject fucking dogs and cats, but it seems like none of you motherfuckers can connect A to B. No need for a "petsitter" and you have to clean 1/4 as much, unless you are a complete pig.

So we cast aside the black irons of crotchfruit, but instead of spending a week gambling in Monte Carlo like James Bond, you supposedly "free" people are spending thousands on vet bills, dog food, cat food, pet trinkets, and all of that shit like a Petco groupie. You have freedom beckoning to you like the Lorelei, but you reject her utterly. Idiots.
Ohhhhh we've connected A to B. While we love our dog, we're sick of how much she ties us down. We eschewed crotchfruit for freedom, and the dog is the last thing tying us down. When she passes, that's it for us. Our cat is clean AF, but when she's gone, that's done too. Zero living things depending on us is the end goal.
We have two geriatric dogs which I have no intent of replacing. The woman may have other plans. We don't talk about it.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:53 pm
We have two geriatric dogs which I have no intent of replacing. The woman may have other plans. We don't talk about it.
Wife is more sick of our dog than I am incredibly. I didn't want a dog in the first place, and the stupid thing wiggled her way into my heart. Wife wants her gone now, I want to wait until she passes. I'm going to be torn up when she goes, but the freedom bells ringing will help me get over it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:19 pm

Someone I know recently said they had a petsitter + cleaner. That's the money move right there. :unicorn: status.

:wat:
Dammit, not all of us DINKS have pets, Dirk.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:17 am

While we’re at it, let’s prohibit all womenfolk from nesting within the confines of our abodes. The real cause of the mess at hand.
:notwrong:
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:49 am
wap wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:10 pm

Ask a neighbor who they use. If a cleaning lady can add you to the same day they're in the neighborhood anyway doing someone else's :haus: might get you a small break on their rate.
We've tried. All the cleaning people our neighbors use are "booked" and "not taking new homes".
:wtf: :rage:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:03 pm

Bullshit Bugs Bunny
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:05 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:49 am
We've tried. All the cleaning people our neighbors use are "booked" and "not taking new homes".
:wtf: :rage:
I no rite?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:45 am
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:43 pm

Bullshit Bugs Bunny
:lolol:
:dat:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:43 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:03 pm

Bullshit Bugs Bunny
:lolol: :bravo:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

If you people hate your pets, you owe it to them to re-home them. Plenty of organizations would help you with this.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:14 am If you people hate your pets, you owe it to them to re-home them. Plenty of organizations would help you with this.
re-home yourself.

also, we are in talks for taking a re-homing of a 8mo Doberman.

Last edited by dubshow on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apex

dubshow wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:18 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:14 am If you people hate your pets, you owe it to them to re-home them. Plenty of organizations would help you with this.
re-home yourself.

In4Dobie pics!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:19 am

re-home yourself.

In4Dobie pics!
you so fast! inb4 edit. read up
Johnny_P

re-home yourself.

Pics.

I mean. If one of the 2 people in the house wants to take the dog out back with an axe TODAY, and the other is indifferent.... seriously, re-homing or surrendering to a rescue should be talked about.
Johnny_P

re-home yourself.

Oh muh gawd :wub:
ChrisoftheNorth

Agreed.

I don't hate my dog, I love her dearly. She's treated like a princess and knows it.

It's not her, it's inconvenience of having a dog that's the issue. She will live and outstanding life for what she has left. We've had her for 6 years and we have no idea how old she was when we got her. Chances are, she doesn't have many years left.

More than anything, I'm trying to find ways to lessen the emotional blow I'll be dealt by her eventual passing. It's going to be REALLY hard for me.
Apex

re-home yourself.

Oh mah gerd. :wub:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:41 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:23 am It's not her, it's inconvenience of having a dog that's the issue.

Perpetual toddlers.
Worse. You can take toddlers with you places...it's socially acceptable for some reason. :doge: isn't really able to travel much, so the hassle of finding a sitter or boarding or whatever is a real drag.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:53 am
[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:41 am

Perpetual toddlers.
Worse. You can take toddlers with you places...it's socially acceptable for some reason. :doge: isn't really able to travel much, so the hassle of finding a sitter or boarding or whatever is a real drag.
With sites like bringfido.com it makes travelling with the :doge: a lot easier. Can find hotels/rentals/restaurants etc. that are all :doge: friendly.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Back to home chat.

Waiting on an incoming offer being drafted now. Hopefully we could get a 30 day close and I not make another payment on the bish.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:06 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:53 am
With sites like bringfido.com it makes travelling with the :doge: a lot easier. Can find hotels/rentals/restaurants etc. that are all :doge: friendly.
Interesting. Will check that out!

Still, restricting where you can go based on the :doge: is not great. I'm all about freedumbs.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:48 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:21 am
Interesting. Will check that out!

Still, restricting where you can go based on the :doge: is not great. I'm all about freedumbs.
The dog also prevents me from driving the :meata: more.

Can't just drive the :meata: to see friends and family because the :doge: has to go. :sad: !
Our :doge: is a douche and doesn't go visit family and friends. Which is fine, and allows us to take any vehicle, but it restricts the amount of time we can be out. Worse is going out after work isn't an option because need to go home and let the :doge: out first. Wife and I used to work downtown Detroit in connected buildings but could never go out after work because of :doge: was :| on a number of occasions.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:01 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:52 am
Our :doge: is a douche and doesn't go visit family and friends. Which is fine, and allows us to take any vehicle, but it restricts the amount of time we can be out. Worse is going out after work isn't an option because need to go home and let the :doge: out first. Wife and I used to work downtown Detroit in connected buildings but could never go out after work because of :doge: was :| on a number of occasions.
:pussy: is so much better.
If a pet is a must, absolutely.