Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:11 pm
coogles wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:07 pm

:wat:
It's a ton of house bro. Lots to consider there...not just the extra cost of replacing things, but just the simple act of cleaning it all.
Money solves that problem. :troywax:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:11 pm
coogles wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:07 pm

It's a ton of house bro. Lots to consider there...not just the extra cost of replacing things, but just the simple act of cleaning it all.
:dat:

3,000 sq/ft is a ton of house. At least that's what the link that :dubshow: posted lists it at.

:haus: is gorgeous doe, 5/7 dig it. Just be wary of the commitments in upkeep. Your :crotchfruit: would love growing up in that place too.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

The yard and pool worry me, the square footage not so much. :iono: Nahgonnahappen anyway. Too much :scrooge:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

coogles wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:58 pm The yard and pool worry me, the square footage not so much. :iono: Nahgonnahappen anyway. Too much :scrooge:
I hate cleaning the house. I do it because I have to, but I really hate it. There's so many other things I'd rather do. Our house is way too big for us at 2,500 sq ft, I can't imagine adding another 500 to that...then :baby: :baby: on top of that.

But if that's your thing, then right on man. House looks pretty stellar, and it's certainly something you wouldn't grow out of ever.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:28 pm
coogles wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:58 pm The yard and pool worry me, the square footage not so much. :iono: Nahgonnahappen anyway. Too much :scrooge:
I hate cleaning the house. I do it because I have to, but I really hate it. There's so many other things I'd rather do. Our house is way too big for us at 2,500 sq ft, I can't imagine adding another 500 to that...then :baby: :baby: on top of that.

But if that's your thing, then right on man. House looks pretty stellar, and it's certainly something you wouldn't grow out of ever.
Hire a fucking cleaning service already. You can afford it.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:49 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:28 pm

We're trying. Can't find anyone decent.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:41 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:49 pm

Ask a neighbor who they use. If a cleaning lady can add you to the same day they're in the neighborhood anyway doing someone else's :haus: might get you a small break on their rate.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:19 pm
Someone I know recently said they had a petsitter + cleaner. That's the money move right there. :unicorn: status.
:notbad:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Someone I know recently said they had a petsitter + cleaner. That's the money move right there. :unicorn: status.
No. The money move is all of you morons realizing that since you can reject crotchfruit so easily, it is but a small step to also reject fucking dogs and cats, but it seems like none of you motherfuckers can connect A to B. No need for a "petsitter" and you have to clean 1/4 as much, unless you are a complete pig.

So we cast aside the black irons of crotchfruit, but instead of spending a week gambling in Monte Carlo like James Bond, you supposedly "free" people are spending thousands on vet bills, dog food, cat food, pet trinkets, and all of that shit like a Petco groupie. You have freedom beckoning to you like the Lorelei, but you reject her utterly. Idiots.
Last edited by Desertbreh on Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Except for you Troy, you A to B connecting motherfucker.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:17 am
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:35 am

No. The money move is all of you morons realizing that since you can reject crotchfruit so easily, it is but a small step to also reject fucking dogs and cats, but it seems like none of you motherfuckers can connect A to B. No need for a "petsitter" and you have to clean 1/4 as much, unless you are a complete pig.

So we cast aside the black irons of crotchfruit, but instead of spending a week gambling in Monte Carlo like James Bond, you supposedly "free" people are spending thousands on vet bills, dog food, cat food, pet trinkets, and all of that shit like a Petco groupie. You have freedom beckoning to you like the Lorelei, but you reject her utterly. Idiots.
While we’re at it, let’s prohibit all womenfolk from nesting within the confines of our abodes. The real cause of the mess at hand.
:wrong:

my womanfolk is the cause of clean spaces. I am usually the offender. But she did want the dog. So divide by zero?
ChrisoftheNorth

Yea, wow...that's incredible.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:10 pm
Ask a neighbor who they use. If a cleaning lady can add you to the same day they're in the neighborhood anyway doing someone else's :haus: might get you a small break on their rate.
We've tried. All the cleaning people our neighbors use are "booked" and "not taking new homes".
ChrisoftheNorth

Ohhhhh we've connected A to B. While we love our dog, we're sick of how much she ties us down. We eschewed crotchfruit for freedom, and the dog is the last thing tying us down. When she passes, that's it for us. Our cat is clean AF, but when she's gone, that's done too. Zero living things depending on us is the end goal.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:26 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:17 am

While we’re at it, let’s prohibit all womenfolk from nesting within the confines of our abodes. The real cause of the mess at hand.
:wrong:

my womanfolk is the cause of clean spaces. I am usually the offender. But she did want the dog. So divide by zero?

Mine is ridiculously tidy and apt to throw anything she doesn't deem important away. I'm a bit less so. She likes a clean house, so we've found the divide and conquer approach the best. I do dishes, clean bathrooms, and take out the trash, she does floors and dusts. We both share laundry and outdoor cleaning.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

There is the quality breh content I have been craving. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:21 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:56 am

Mine is ridiculously tidy and apt to throw anything she doesn't deem important away. I'm a bit less so. She likes a clean house, so we've found the divide and conquer approach the best. I do dishes, clean bathrooms, and take out the trash, she does floors and dusts. We both share laundry and outdoor cleaning.
BUT WHO FILLS THE SOAP?
:lolol:

That's a collective effort. She loves soap and has a bunch of different bottles at each sink area. When one runs out, grab another.

Same with TP

:triggered:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:lolol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:21 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:56 am

BUT WHO FILLS THE SOAP?
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

If anyone wants my animals, they can have them. I might want to keep the cat, but dogs are fair game.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:23 am If anyone wants my animals, they can have them. I might want to keep the cat, but dogs are fair game.
We're about there. Our :doge: should only have a few more years left, so we'll just ride it out.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:26 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:23 am If anyone wants my animals, they can have them. I might want to keep the cat, but dogs are fair game.
We're about there. Our :doge: should only have a few more years left, so we'll just ride it out.
I like my dog. Now the wife's dog....not so much. I feel bad for not liking the dog but holy fuck the mess, the care, just :nope:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:30 am
I like my dog. Now the wife's dog....not so much. I feel bad for not liking the dog but holy fuck the mess, the care, just :nope:
These are my feels too. My dog has its share of problems, like the aggression towards smaller dogs, but doesn’t shed much. Holy fuck Michelle’s dog sheds like it’s his fucking job. I can vacuum the floor right before bed and then wake up the next morning and it’s like I did zero cleaning at all. I’m trying to get her to be better about furminating him, but I know you’re not supposed to do that overly frequently with dogs like huskies, so I don’t really know that there’s a solution to the problem. Maybe she’d control shampoo, but I doubt that’s that effective.
ChrisoftheNorth

I LOVE our dog. She's not even that messy, and relatively low maintenance overall. She's about as ideal as a :doge: can get, and still is a PITA and ties us down.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:36 am

These are my feels too. My dog has its share of problems, like the aggression towards smaller dogs, but doesn’t shed much. Holy fuck Michelle’s dog sheds like it’s his fucking job. I can vacuum the floor right before bed and then wake up the next morning and it’s like I did zero cleaning at all. I’m trying to get her to be better about furminating him, but I know you’re not supposed to do that overly frequently with dogs like huskies, so I don’t really know that there’s a solution to the problem. Maybe she’d control shampoo, but I doubt that’s that effective.
I don't know how you folks do long haired dogs. Ours is short hair and sheds...I always make it a point to furminate and give hard pets outside to get the hair out. Works well to minimize hair inside the house, but it's still present. Long hair would be :nope: